- Automatic scanning helps you get started faster. Immediately after installation, it scans your computer and populates the control list for you. This saves a lot of set-up time. Then you can review the files to ensure your computer is clean before you enable protection.
- Manage updates easily with the Trusted Publisher feature. You can select a particular application, like your anti-virus solution, to be exempt. This means that when your software updates download, they won’t be blocked on your machine. Instead, they’ll be allowed to run automatically.
- Investigate a file by checking it against the IdentiFile™ database. When you find yourself questioning the trustworthiness of a specific program, simply look it up in the online database. With millions of hashes stored, it’s a great source of up-to-date information that can help keep your organization safe. And if your file is not entered yet, be the first to submit and help users across the nation.
Faronics Anti-Executable can be installed on the 32 bit edition of Windows XP SP3 and 64 bit edition of Windows XP SP2, 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008. Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Faronics Core system requirements can be found in the Faronics Core guide. The hardware specifications are the same as those required by the host operating system. It is also available in Standard for standalone computers and enterprise networked computers.
Faronics Anti-Executable keeps your computer safe by keeping the malware out. Between social networking and surfing the Web, you find yourself navigating through a sea of online dangers every day. How can you know who to trust and where the risks are hiding? Assuming incorrectly can have disastrous consequences, but now you can eliminate the guesswork with application control. By only allowing approved applications to run on your machine, everything else is stopped in its tracks. Whether its adware, spyware, malicious programs, or simply unwanted applications, if they’re not on the list, they won’t be allowed to run.
Take the risk out of online banking and shopping. Since you control what programs are installed, your computer is protected from greedy banking Trojans and stealthy keyloggers trying to steal your money. It reduces your risk of identity theft too. When combined with a good anti-virus program, you’ve got a solid security system on the job. Blacklisting technology protects you against the known threats, while whitelisting technology protects you from the unknown ones. It’s like milk and cookies.
Getting started is a cinch. Upon installation, the software automatically scans the computer for all the installed files to populate the control list. It’s easy to add or remove programs with a few clicks of the mouse. When protection is enabled, any unauthorized programs trying to run will be instantly stopped without disrupting your session. Security has never been simpler.
Featured ResourceWebinar: How Social Media Leaves You Open to Cybercrime
Traditional anti-virus alone cannot protect your network against the top social media threats of 2012. So what’s your social media defense strategy?
- Webinar: Simplify Your Security with Application Control
- Webinar: 3 Ways to Hack your Network
- Webinar: Managing Insider Threats – 4 Risks You Need To...
- Webinar: 5 Threats Your Anti-Virus Won’t Stop
- Webinar: Protecting Staff Computers Beyond Deep Freeze
- False Sense of Security. Data Breaches Exposed.
Featured ResourceAdvanced Threat Protection with Faronics Anti-Executable
Today's cyber-criminals are organized, sophisticated and have access to the latest technology. With so much money at stake, they can afford to invest in the tools and technology to stay ahead of traditional computer security.
- Layered Security with Faronics
- Anti-Executable Blocks Ultrasurf
- Anti-Executable Blocks Shareware
- Block Phishing Malware
- Block a Keylogger
- Block Files Based On File Hash
- How-To Series