Deep Freeze reverses malicious changes on reboot, protecting computers from threats such as phishing.
Deep Freeze provides a simple and effective way to clear all malicious changes to your system, including zero-day threats.
Avoid the necessity of adopting restrictive defense or reactionary approaches for maintaining security.
Provide users with unrestricted access while preventing permanent configuration changes.
Deep Freeze removes all software installed without your authorization with a single reboot, helping your organization achieve license compliance.
Deep Freeze ensures 100% workstation recovery with every restart. Customers report an average reduction of 63% in IT tickets.
Minimize reliance on IT staff for trivial issues, allowing them to focus on more important tasks.
Prevent computers from straying from their baseline configurations while still allowing users to save their work.
Products used to combat different forms of malware — anti-spyware, antivirus, and adware programs require management and maintenance. Deep Freeze, however, preserves your computer configuration without taking up any of your IT staff’s time. Any changes – either malicious or intentional- are reversed on reboot, thereby protecting computers from threats such as phishing.
Zero day threats exploit previously unknown vulnerabilities and can be near impossible to detect with an antivirus solution. Deep Freeze provides simple, yet effective protection against zero-day threats as a reboot would clear out any malicious software, including zero-day threats.
Locking down computers in order to secure them limits the user experience, while a reactionary security maintenance approach like rebuilding or reimaging computers is time consuming. On the other hand, Deep Freeze offers the ability to standardize workstation configurations, which are completely restored on reboot, thereby eliminating all software related issues.
The non-restrictive, reboot-to-restore concept involves technology that allows users unrestricted, available, and perfectly functioning computers, whose desired configuration is always restored upon reboot. Therefore, IT staff does not need to spend valuable time rebuilding or re-imaging machines.
Your users may install unlicensed or unauthorized software. By using Deep Freeze, unlicensed or unauthorized software can be removed with a single reboot, helping your organization achieve license compliance.
Our system restore software ensures 100% workstation recovery with every restart, so you can watch that mountain of support tickets shrink. Customers report an average reduction of 63%. You can also forget about accidental configuration changes, malicious software, and operating system degradation.
With the simplified and effective Reboot-to-Restore concept of Deep Freeze, each user becomes self-reliant in fixing their computer. Without having to raise IT support tickets, the user can simply restart the computer when any unexpected changes have occurred and Deep Freeze will wipeout all the changes and put the computer back into its original state, as it was configured.
By restoring computers to their initial desired state with a single reboot, Faronics Deep Freeze prevents computers from straying from their baseline configurations. However, users can carry on working as usual and still save their documents, media and data.
Computer downtime means reduced productivity and increased help desk calls. Deep Freeze guarantees that expensive computer assets are kept running at 100% ensuring uptime and productivity while drastically reducing support costs. At the same time, user data can be stored safely on a network drive or in a ThawSpace to be retained across reboots.
By restoring computers to a pristine desired configuration upon reboot, Deep Freeze eliminates degradation issues which lead to computers slowing down over time. This means a longer life for your computers and a reduction in costs associated with upgrading them.
Deep Freeze can protect devices in a variety of environments, ranging from labs and classrooms to devices in the field.
Ensure system availability in a secured, yet non-restrictive, learning environment.
Deep Freeze on your rugged computers makes sure they are rugged on the inside as well.
Secure data and reduce interruptions to your operations due to downtime of computers on wheels.
Retain your system’s pristine configuration , even on an unsupported platform.
Avoid data loss and non-compliance issues associated with a multi-user environment.
First responders cannot afford downtime, Deep Freeze helps in maintaining 100% availability of their IT systems.
Provide a non-persistent, virtualized desktop environments with secured thin clients.
Manage mobile IT assets from different locations with Deep Freeze Cloud.
Sometimes, restricting a learning environment isn’t the most viable option. With Deep Freeze, our patented reboot to restore solution, you can ensure immediate preferred system availability in a non-restrictive, yet secured environment.
Rugged books are built to withstand the most adverse outdoor environments, but you do not want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with an IT issue. With Deep Freeze on your rugged computer, you make sure it is rugged on the inside as well as outside. Learn more about how LAPD utilizes Deep Freeze on their rugged books.
Computers on Wheels provide numerous benefits to an organization including mobility, convenience and usability. With Deep Freeze on your computers on wheels, you will experience zero downtime, enabling you to harness their benefits to the fullest.
Microsoft discontinued its support for Windows XP, but with Deep Freeze on your system, you do not have to worry! Our patented reboot to restore technology solution helps you retain the pristine configuration without the platform support.
One system being utilized by multiple users might lead to loss of critical data and lead to non-compliance with standards such as HIPAA or PCI-DSS. Deep Freeze enables your organization to provide an unobtrusive yet a secured environment.
First responders such as public safety, fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical response agencies cannot afford downtime of their IT systems at dispatch centers or in the field. Deep Freeze helps in maintaining 100 percent availability of their systems.
Older systems can be re-purposed into thin clients with Deep Freeze and used to connect to a virtual environment. Also, by preventing configuration drift in virtualized environments that store high volumes of data, Deep Freeze reduces the risk of data loss.
Mobile/on-the field assets usually don’t have technical support at hand. By restoring a workstation to its pristine configuration with a reboot, Deep Freeze minimizes the need for technical support. What’s more, with Deep Freeze Cloud, you can even manage mobile IT assets from different geographic locations.
It’s easy to say just how easy Deep Freeze can make your life, but you’re probably asking how exactly it will do that. It’s simple, just like this!
- Secure the Master Boot Record (MBR)
- Prevent unauthorized administrators from accessing or controlling a computer that runs Deep Freeze via a unique Customization Code for all components
- Preset multiple passwords to be used on a workstation or via the Command Line Control with varying activation and expiration dates
- Disable keyboard and mouse, including touchscreen devices, during Thawed Periods or on demand
- Boot Control window provides the ability for immediate reboot
- Use Stealth Mode to hide the Deep Freeze system tray icon
- Use the Configuration Administrator to specify multiple passwords, select drives to be Frozen, create ThawSpaces to save data, create workstation tasks, schedule maintenance and set advanced networks.
- Create multiple customized installers with different configurations
- Pre-select Frozen Drives and selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed drives
- Schedule automatic Restart/Shutdown times
- Restart computer on Logoff
- Shutdown workstations after a preset length of inactivity
- Automate Windows Update installation and detect when installation is complete to reboot Frozen or shutdown
- Schedule multiple Thawed Periods to perform Windows updates (through the Internet or WSUS) or run a custom batch file to update other software
- Automatically apply configuration changes to workstations
- Retain data across reboots even if the computer is in a Frozen state, on up to eight virtual storage drives or “ThawSpaces” on a workstation
- Use ThawSpaces to store programs, save files, or make permanent changes
- Format ThawSpaces to remove unwanted files
- Specify the size of the ThawSpace and host drive
- Cache Windows updates by downloading updates even when in Frozen state
- Redirect data for storage on network drives with the Data Igloo
- Use the included Enterprise Console or Core Console to centrally deploy, configure and manage Deep Freeze
- Use the built-in Command Line Interface to manage Deep Freeze from within the most popular desktop management systems such as Microsoft SCCM, Dell KACE, Spiceworks, and Symantec Altiris Check out our Integration page
- Schedule restart, shutdown, Wake-On-LAN, Freeze, Thaw, Thaw Locked and Windows Update tasks dynamically to take place once or regularly
- Manage workstations easily with User Defined Groups
- Quickly populate multiple groups or sub-groups with smart automatic filters or import groups from Active Directory
- Update all pre-existing installation files automatically
- Invoke system maintenance on demand with “Thaw Locked” mode
- Launch RDP and VNC sessions through the Deep Freeze Console
- Create customized Enterprise Consoles with tailored features
- Remotely deploy, execute, and control software on managed workstations
- With Faronics Core keep scheduled actions “active” to ensure updates on offline workstations
- With Faronics Core manage workstations with dynamic groups, perform actions on workstation groups, view workstation activity status, and remotely wake-up offline workstations via the web
- Easy deployment options including a silent install for rapid network deployment, deployment as part of your imaging solution or via the Enterprise Console
- Provides option to deploy on multiple workstations as part of a master image
- Includes the Deep Freeze Command Line Control Utility for remote management
- Integrate Deep Freeze protection into any desktop management solution capable of executing command line control
- Create, edit download, and share XML-based Deep Freeze Action Files to interact with other programs via the Enterprise Console
- Communicate with workstations over a LAN, WAN, or combination
- Support for multiple ports and automatically authorizing them
- Single Console to manage both Deep Freeze and Faronics Anti-Virus clients
- Seamless malware definition retention on workstations protected in a Frozen state with Faronics Anti-Virus
- Malware definitions for other anti-virus solutions can be easily retained through use of Thawed Periods
- Integration with Faronics Anti-Executable and Faronics Power Save to detect Deep Freeze Thawed Periods
- Automatically download Windows updates even when machines are Frozen
- Much faster Windows updates as cached updates are applied as soon as the machines are Thawed
- Detects when updates are complete and automatically returns the computer back to a frozen state, eliminating the need to set maintenance window completion times Watch Video
- Guarantees 100% workstation recovery upon restart
- Provides password protection and complete security
- Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
ats, is available in several languages
- Supports multi-boot environments
- Compatible with Fast User Switching
- Supports SSD, SCSI, ATA, SATA, and IDE hard drives
- Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, basic and dynamic disks
- Localized in six languages
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Embedded 7 and 8.1
Hard Drive Space
10% free space
- Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator and Enterprise Console require Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1 to function properly
- Information on Faronics Core system requirements can be found in the Faronics Core user guide
- The hardware requirements are the same as the recommended requirements for the host operating system.
For an overview of how Deep Freeze could benefit your industry, please select an industry below.
View product page »