We are happy to announce the release of Deep Freeze Enterprise 8.35 and now available to download. This new version includes under the hood enhancements to existing features and bug fixes.
Recently Microsoft released the Anniversary Update that led to several issues in Deep Freeze. This version of Deep Freeze is now fully compatible with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
The other major enhancement we have made helps to prevent longer system startups on Advanced Format (AF) 4k sector hard drives and drastically increases the bootup time by up to 2X.
This version of Deep Freeze also has improved the overall performance of the Enterprise Console and it is now even more responsive. It also allows fully qualified proxy server names in the console settings.
Windows updates enhancements address how the Anniversary Update handles automatic Windows updates. Moving forward, Deep Freeze will take extra measures to ensure that the Windows updates will not be triggered outside of the scheduled Windows Update Task on Windows 10 machines. This is achieved by disabling the Windows update service.
The following issues have been resolved to support the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Resolved issues with random BSOD. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update introduced additional drivers into the system that interfered with the ability of our drivers to properly respond to some requests to our Storage Spaces or ThawSpaces.
- Resolved issues with recovery screen on system startup.
- Resolved issues where system shutdowns were prevented.
- Resolved issues where Windows updates failed for some cumulative update which may require more space and a larger caching space than the 5GB that Deep Freeze allocated. Version 8.35 will allocate a 10GB cache to address this situation. However, you must uncheck the Cache option, restart the computer, and check the option back.
- Resolved issues where random Windows updates were being triggered when Deep Freeze was not in a scheduled Windows Update Task.
Other fixes in this version include the following.
- Resolved issues with handling certain exceptions while performing Windows updates.
- Resolved issues where license activation was unexpectedly reset on system startup when some system resources were not available.
- Plus much more…
Should you be experiencing any of these issues or have any questions, please reach out to our support team. Download the latest deep freeze version 8 here.