Your IT team is the backbone of your company. Keeping the devices safe and secure is a priority for any business. Patch management software is one of the best tools to help IT teams secure their systems and applications. In this blog, we’ll explore the benefits of using patch management software, understand patch management principles, and learn how to choose the best patch management software for your business.
What is patch management software?
Patch management software is a tool used to help IT teams identify and install the latest security updates and patches for their applications and operating systems. It automates the process of patching and helps to ensure that all systems are up-to-date and secure. Patch management software helps IT teams to stay ahead of security threats and vulnerabilities.
Patch management software helps IT teams to identify and install patches on all systems, ensuring that they are up-to-date with the latest security updates. This helps to keep systems secure and reduces the risk of security threats. Faronics Cloud Deploy fulfils this requirement in the simplest possible way, with beautiful UI and one-click actions that require no specialist knowledge to operate. (You can try free for 30 days)
Benefits of using patch management software
Second, patch management software helps to reduce the time and effort needed to manually patch and update systems. Faronics Cloud Deploy includes thousands of pre-packaged apps as standard, and allows you to add custom apps, which drastically reduces or eliminates the burden of having to maintain and build a library of .msi packages. Windows updates also become extremely straightforward. It couldn’t be easier to perform any action on multiple computers. With its automated process, IT teams can quickly identify and install the latest security updates, reducing the time spent on manual patching.
Finally, trusted patch management software helps to reduce the risk of errors, as it ensures that all systems are up-to-date with the latest security updates.
Benefits of a centralised patch management solution
A centralised patch management solution makes it far easier for IT teams to manage patches and updates and ensures that all locations are up-to-date with the latest security updates. It doesn’t matter where the devices are, or where the IT team sits; one cloud platform is all you need.
Patch management helps manage and reduce risk, protecting your organisation from potential security breaches. This is possible when vulnerabilities are systematically and regularly patched.
Features of a patch management software
When choosing patch management software, it’s important to consider the features of the software. Patch management software should have the following features:
- Automated patching: Automated patching helps to reduce the time and effort needed to manually patch and update systems.
- Scheduling: Patch management software should include a scheduling feature to help IT teams schedule the installation of patches and updates, ideally out of production hours.
- Security assessment: Patch management software should include an optional deferral stage so that you can audit the impact of your patches before sending them live everywhere.
- Reporting: Patch management software should include a reporting feature to help IT teams track the status of patches and updates.
Patch management best practices
When using patch management software, it’s important to follow best practices to ensure that all systems are up-to-date with the latest security updates. The following are best practices for patch management:
- Regularly scan systems for vulnerabilities: IT teams should regularly scan systems for vulnerabilities and install the latest security updates and patches.
- Test patches before deploying: IT teams should test patches before deploying them to production systems.
- Automate the patching process: IT teams should automate the patching process to reduce the time and effort needed to manually patch and update systems.
- Monitor patch status: IT teams should monitor the status of patches and updates to ensure that all systems are up-to-date with the latest security updates.
Choose the best patch management software
Faronics Cloud Deploy offers best-in-class centralised automated patch management. Schedule all the magic to happen while you’re asleep, so you can spend your time on more strategic activities. Its unique grid view offers a quick and seamless way to view, deploy or uninstall applications instantaneously. It is not at all complicated to set up and use – but if you do have any questions you can talk to a friendly human rather than a robot.
Join our webinar to find out more
In conclusion, centralised automated patch management software offers numerous benefits to IT teams. It saves time, provides a more secure environment, improves workflow, and helps companies stay compliant with regulations. Investing in such software is crucial for any organisation looking to protect its systems and data from cyberattacks.