- Smart power management is the name of the game with Faronics Power Save. Designed specifically to prevent disruptions to end-users or IT tasks, it analyzes more than just keyboard and mouse activity before going into power savings modes. It can analyze CPU, disk, network, and application status too to ensure it doesn’t wreak havoc on productive users. And before it takes any action, it’s kind enough to notify users and to save open data. Talk about considerate!
- Detailed reporting provides the ultimate visibility for IT professionals and C-suite executives alike. It comes pre-configured with Apple power consumptions details to provide more accurate energy usage reports. Once you’re up and running, watch the power savings grow daily in kW/hr. Then calculate the savings based on local energy costs to impress your boss and be an IT hero.
- Share the savings using the handy Power Save Dashboard. When you’re managing both PC and Mac environments, you can make reporting self-serve using the Dashboard. Accessible through the most popular Web browsers, now anyone can see your organization’s savings grow day by day.
- Maximum flexibility is easy with Faronics Power Save. We know there are always exceptions to every rule and that’s where Power Save really shines. You define the exceptions that fit your environment. Whether you want to limit how long a user can over-ride their power settings or simply customize the messaging, Power Save has got you covered. And when users are working on mission critical projects using specified applications, you can automatically disable Power Save to prevent disruptions.
Power Save Mac requires Mac OS X Panther 10.3, Tiger 10.4, Leopard 10.5, or Snow Leopard 10.6. Power Save Mac is a Universal application (Intel and PPC compatible). ARD integration requires Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 or higher. A minimum of 256 MB RAM is recommended.
Tight budgets mean that IT professionals are trying to stretch their dollars even further so we’ve got you covered. Faronics Power Save will bring immediate savings to your organization. It’s an intelligent power management solution that eliminates wasted energy and puts that money back into your pocket. Let’s say you have 1,000 machines at your organization. By reducing energy costs efficiently you can save $50,000 in the first year alone. Imagine what you can do with all that money! Calculate your savings now»
This clever solution runs in the background without disrupting end-users or IT tasks. Faronics Power Save was designed with built-in intelligence to accurately determine when computers are inactive and ready to be powered down. It analyzes CPU, disk, network, keyboard, mouse, and application status data before it takes any action, ensuring your users aren’t interrupted in the middle of something important. As a double safety mechanism, it notifies users before acting and automatically saves open work.
It’s easy to manage enterprise-wide energy conservation with the built-in Faronics Core Console. You can easily schedule wake, shutdown, or restart events, as well as fine-tuning your configuration. Creating multiple Power Policies allows you to meet varying levels of demand and create the most aggressive power conservation policies for the right times and days to maximize your savings. When it comes to demonstrating rapid ROI, Power Save makes it easy with detailed energy use and savings reports based on local costs. It’s clear exactly how much you’re saving every day.
Many power companies across North America are offering rebates for power saving initiatives. Check here to see the rebate available in your local area.
- Saving Over 36,000 kWh Monthly
With over 3000 machines running in 30 locations, ADT realized there was a lot of energy waste. But by going green and saving energy, they would also create substantial operational savings. Asking staff to practice smart energy was unsuccessful, so ADT turned to Faronics Power Save. IT loved the central control and automatic power settings that don’t rely on user compliance. Plus it’s low administration workload, makes it easy to manage, and the activity-based rules make it non-disruptive. Thanks to Power Save ADT was able to save over 36,000 kWh of power each month.
Read the complete case study»
- Stretching Budgets Across School Districts
Tasked with cutting costs, Redlands Unified School District saw a big opportunity with power management. With 5500 machines, not only could they reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reduce power consumption, but they could create clear operational savings. Faronics Power Save was a natural choice because it offered non-disruptive power management with detailed reports clearly demonstrating energy savings. Installation and configuration was a breeze for IT and now they enjoy $90,000 in savings each year.
Read the complete case study»
- Creating Savings For Satellite & Radio Communications
With a mobile workforce focused on development and production, off peak hours were hard to define at Thrane & Thrane. With 40% of IT energy costs coming from PC power consumption, it was clear there was room to improve. They turned to Faronics Power Save for a flexible solution that offered central control. Although finding budget is always a challenge, they’re happy to report $45,000 savings a year. Plus it was easy to install and configure flexible settings that met the needs of their diverse workforce.
Read the complete case study»
Featured ResourceWebinar: Power Your Way To Savings
Many organizations are struggling to do more with less and turning to power management to reduce operating costs. Did you know that Faronics Power Save yields an annual savings of about $30 per machine? Now imagine the savings when you apply this to all of the machines in your organization. And it gets even better. As a preferred rebate vendor, customers qualify for rebates in their area—making it even easier to reduce costs by saving power.
Featured ResourceComputer Energy Management with Power Save
How can you manage the power used by hundreds or thousands of computers with ease?