Summary of Performance Benchmarking Results from PassMark*
Boots up in 1/2 the time as Kaspersky ES10
Average Boot Time measures the amount of time taken for the machine to boot into the operating system. Shorter boot times indicate that the application has had less impact on the normal operation of the machine.
Installs 9x faster than McAfee CEP
Installation Time measures the time required by the security software to get installed, be fully functional and ready to use by the end user. Lower installation times represent security products that are quicker to install.
Requires only 1/5th the space as Kaspersky ES10
Installation Size measures the total disk space consumed by all new files added during a product’s installation. Less disk space consumption means more available space for other files or media on the disk.
Scans 22x faster than ESET NOD32 - Business
Average Scan Time on Schedule measures the amount of time requtired to run a scheduled scan on the system. A shorter scan time means a reduced impact due to the scan process on the normal operation of the machine.
Occupies only 40% memory space as Symantec EP SBE 2013
Average Memory Usage during Scan measures the amount of memory (RAM) used by the product during an initial security scan. Lower memory usage results in reduced impact on system performance during scans.
*PassMark Software, “Faronics Anti-Virus vs. Seven Competitors (August 2014)”
- Combines an Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Rootkit, Firewall and Web Filter in a single solution.
- Uses multiple layers of detection including heuristics, behavioral analysis, and signature detections.
- Protects against new threats with the advanced MX-Virtualization technology for real-time malware behavior analysis in a virtual environment.
- Firewall includes an intrusion detection and prevention system that contributes to a safer computing experience.
Light and Fast
- Extremely lightweight, offers the most efficient use of memory, disk and CPU usage.
- Utilizes a high-speed threat scanning engine, can scan large volumes of information at speeds much faster than the competition.
- Central management through the Deep Freeze Cloud web-based console or the Faronics Core console makes deployment, configuration and management of updates a breeze.
Works with Deep Freeze
- Integration with Faronics Deep Freeze ensures effortless anti-virus definition file updates on “Frozen” workstations.
Faster and More Efficient Protection
Ballston Spa Central School District was struggling to stay on top of infected machines. They needed a more efficient anti-virus solution that didn’t slow down the network or system performance, and could deliver updates without delays. Thanks to Faronics Anti-Virus they can easily manage updates to Frozen machines, plus it’s faster and more efficient at protecting against malware. Now they enjoy peace of mind knowing they have the best protection available — with both run-time and boot-time protection.
Reducing Support Tickets by 90%
The IT team at Glenpool Public Schools was frustrated by countless hours spent rebuilding infected machines, not to mention the lost staff productivity. They were overwhelmed by advanced malware, rogue software, and system performance problems. After installing Faronics Anti-Virus and Faronics Deep Freeze, they immediately saw a 90% reduction in IT support tickets. Not only did it allow definition file updates on Frozen machines, but it was more effective at malware detection and had a lighter footprint!
More Security, Availability, and Time
With over 4,000 machines, IT administrators at Augusta County Public Schools were plagued by malware infections. They frequently spent 60% of their week troubleshooting damaged PCs. Innocent users accidently clicked on hazardous malware including the dangerous Conficker Worm. They used a layered approach with Faronics Anti-Virus, Anti-Executable, and Deep Freeze for the ultimate protection. IT support requests dropped by 60% and they can now enjoy 100% machine availability. The extra peace of mind from enhanced security is a real bonus too!
This is what layered security is all about. With the number and complexity of IT related threats steadily increasing, relying solely on one solution to ensure security is no longer enough. Our layered security solution provides optimum security against today's toughest threats.
Our products ensure 100% workstation availability, and have freed IT personnel from tedious technical support and software issues