COPYRIGHT © 1996 - 2019 FARONICS CORPORATION.
When you use Faronics products, you entrust us with data regarding your system and your system’s users. We recognize that your privacy and security are valuable, and that in collecting and holding your data we have the responsibility to use it responsibly and keep it secure. To ensure your privacy, we use your data only to provide you with services and to improve those services. To ensure your data security, we ensure the data is stored on secure servers, and erase it when you no longer require our services. Below is an explanation of why we collect your data, how we use it, how long we keep your data, and what types of data we collect. If you have questions about what you see here, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why the software collects data
- Faronics’ products enables our customers to monitor and control user computers and mobile devices, and as part of this process, our software collects and analyzes data regarding hardware and software configuration, and user activities. The data collected by the software is essential to its operation and its continued improvement. Simply put, Faronics software requires a fair degree of knowledge of the current and intended states of target systems to safely execute commands on them, and requires knowledge of user actions to effectively monitor what target systems are doing. This data is also used to help inform decisions regarding future improvements to the software, including how to improve user experience, what new features to develop, and what issues require correction. Faronics does not use system configuration or user data to create targeted advertisements.
Faronics software also collects data regarding our customers, which is used to maintain our relationships with those customers. Customer data is not used to create targeted advertisements.
Who analyzes and stores the data
- Faronics Deploy and its services are deployed using a cloud model, where software is deployed on a cloud and maintained by Faronics staff. While the customer has control over the configuration and actions of the software, Faronics acts as the data processor on the customer’s behalf. Data is collected, processed, and stored using our servers, and is subject to Faronics data security and privacy policies. That said, customers have access to the processed data and much of the raw data, and can export some data types to their own system if they choose.
Who is responsible for getting consent
- Although Faronics software is used to collect data, Faronics itself does not interact directly with the end users, who are the customers of Faronics’ customers. Rather, the software is managed by Faronics at the customer’s behest. It is therefore the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they have consent to collect data from the end users.
Faronics data retention policies
- In addition to our regulated responsibilities, Faronics is committed to following best practices in privacy and data protection. Faronics retains a subset of the data it collects, and will retain your data for as long as necessary to provide our services to you. When the data is no longer required in order to deliver services, and after suitable notice to you, we will delete your data from our system. Generally, this is within 12 months to 2 years of you no longer using our services. This delay meant to provide you with ample time to safely remove the cloud clients from your environment, as the clients cannot be removed after we have erased your data. Note that you may request that Faronics remove your data sooner if you choose. For more details, please see our Terms of Service.
Faronics privacy policies
What data is collected
- Faronics cloud products do not have the same data for all systems and users—what data we collect depends on which applications and services the customer has elected to use. In addition to identity, version, licensing, and configuration information of the Faronics products in use, our products have access to the following information according to each service: