Insight 9.00.0090.9000 (June 30, 2021)
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for macOS Big Sur (11.0) and Apple Silicon Macs (M1 Processor).
- Added web limiting support for new Edge browser.
- Added information on Blank Screen showing which teacher enabled the restriction.
- Class List Interface Updates: Class Lists are moved to their own main menu item and have been simplified. All class lists (both manual or dynamic) are now managed and loaded from the same ‘Start Class’ dialog.
- New Auto-Dismiss Class option that allows teachers to define a time when the class will be automatically dismissed. This makes sure those students are free to be managed by the next class.
- New Auto-Assignment option for teacher channels has been added to the Insight Connection Service (ICS). When enabled via the registry on the ICS, connected teachers can be automatically transferred to an open channel.
- Added support for Arabic language.
- Improved Japanese translation.
- Resolved an issue where macOS student app icon showing in dock even when using Stealth Mode.
- Resolved an issue where the Remote Control button remained grayed out in Teacher application after finishing Remote Control. (Case No. HJL-321-92494, RDY-233-75704, MGS-312-75466, ENR-155-94209)
- Resolved an issue where Insight was showing classic UI on non-English versions.
- Insight is not able to blank the secondary monitor on dual-display system setup. (Case No. FYB-175-34798, LHT-241-94932)
- Windows Start button remains restricted even after Insight Limit Apps has removed the restriction. (Case No. FYB-175-34798)
- Insight displays random characters for some Vietnamese characters. (Case No. XUT-381-67747, OSH-537-81068)
- Insight Teacher is unable to check for updates. (Case No. REG-537-28800)
- Some dialogs are not fully visible in the Teacher console on Retina Macbook Pro and hence the buttons on the dialog may not be accessible. Auto-hide the taskbar to gain full access to the entire dialog and its buttons. (Case No. AEE-180-79280)
- PC Student ‚Run Program‘ feature does not run 64-bit applications.
- Insight Teacher loses control of the student computer after the screen locks due to inactivity. (Case No. JTR-358-51368)
- Insight Tech Console does not show Teacher Consoles when connected via Insight Connection Server. (Case No. QPH-664-26455)
- Student screen stops refreshing on the Teacher Console when the teacher accesses CTRL+ALT+DEL option. (Case No. UIM-694-81213)
- The Collect Files dialog contains truncated strings. (Case No. DFQ-236-80420)
- Cannot collect files with dual byte file names from insight Mac Student. (Case No. DFQ-236-80420)
- Insight Teacher is not refreshing student names from Active Directory. (Case No. BOG-110-47331)
- Web Helper blocking other extensions. (Case No. VQN-644-23895)
- Customer cannot see native applications running on Chrome OS Device. (Case No. IKT-219-51903)
- Customer cannot block Siri using Insight on macOS 10.13. (Case No. JXQ-341-41200)
- Student Machines lose KB/Mouse Functionality when being controlled in login screen. (Case No. BMA-846-18324)
- The ability to Lock Student Mouse and Keyboard varies depending on double click vs right click on Student entry. (Case No. OYC-187-33202)
Insight 9.00.0060.9000 (August 12, 2020)
New Features and Enhancements
- UI Refresh for major Insight components on Windows and Mac. (Teacher Console, Tech Console, Test Builder, Student)
- Added support for iOS 13 to Insight Teacher’s Assistant.
- Enhanced Application Limiting in newer builds of Windows 10 (builds 1903+).
- Added Enterprise Data Collection to the Insight Connection Service.
- Resolved an issue for Blank Screen and Show Teacher on student machines where screensavers were active.
- Resolved an issue with displaying Question and Alert History correctly when the teacher was remote controlling multiple machines.
- Resolved an issue where Insight Limit App was restricting the Windows Start Button. (Case No. FYB-175-34798)
Insight 8.00.3284.8000 (March 5, 2020)
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Added enhancement provides teachers the ability to switch Chromebook thumbnails between active tab and full screen.
- Added enhancement prevents Picture-in-Picture videos from playing when Blank Screen is enabled.
- Teachers now have the ability to ‚kill‘ the student agent when standardized testing tools prevent the Insight agent to run during testing.
Note: Student devices must be restarted to re-enable the student agent.
- The context menu when remote controlling a student is now disabled since the information in the Properties dialog for a given student is not actively updated while in the Remote Control session. The Properties information is updated after the session has ended.
Windows XP End of Support
- Windows XP is no longer supported and is now blocked from the installers for Teacher, Student, Terminal Services, and Tech Console.
- Resolved multiple issues with Remote Control.
- Resolved a Report Server uninstall issue where the shortcuts in the control panel and Apps and Features were not being removed correctly.
- Resolved an issue when multiple chat windows have been opened due to multiple alerts being sent.
- Resolved an issue where Remote Log On failed due to time-out on slower machines by adding a registry key setting to allow administrators to change the default wait time so the Remote Log In does not time-out.
- Resolved an issue with providing better user experience when using Channel 0 and there are more than 40 students. Now, if there are more than 40 students, the Teacher Console will only display details view (no thumbnails) and the thumbnail view option is disabled.
- Resolved an issue where Keystroke Alerts were breaking when a student was loaded into a second class.
- Resolved an issue in Keystroke Alerts where banned words were not being displayed correctly.
- Resolved an install issue where the Chrome extension option was not being read correctly from the registry settings.
- Resolved an issue in the Tech Console where the Blank Screen icon was not enabled correctly.
- Resolved an issue in the Tech Console and Teacher Console where the Remote Control button was not disabling correctly for students that are disconnected.
- Resolved an issue with Disable Keyboard and Mouse when using Remote Control.
- Resolved an issue where the Insight Student was conflicting with Solidworks 2019.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac student could fail during a Remote Control session.
- Resolved an issue where Student Diagnostics for macOS was not performing tests correctly.
- Resolved multiple issues in dialogs and text where they did not display correctly in Dark Mode on macOS Mojave 10.14 and macOS Catalina 10.15.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac student auto-update was not working correctly.
- Resolved an issue in the Mac Teacher Console where a highlighted student was displayed as disabled when right-clicking on an alert message.
Insight 8.00.3252.8000 (September 11, 2019)
Features and Enhancements
- Added additional security to the Chromebook agent to prevent students from evading the teacher-initiated blank screen command.
- Added a web extension for Firefox browsers to enhance web blocking and web history capabilities.
- Added the ability to set channel number as a filter option for class lists.
- Added a prompt to notify teachers that they are pulling students from another class into a new class.
- Resolved an issue where in some scenarios, Insight web blocking can be bypassed in Firefox (Case No: BLH-399-44849)
- Resolved an issue where in some environments, student computers see a black teacher’s screen (Case No: OOI-160-24487)
- Resolved an issue where the teacher console was still able to remotely control a student when the student channel was changed to private channel 16001.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher would not uninstall.
- Resolved an issue where maximizing the Mac tech console would cause the blank screen to hang.
- Resolved an issue where Insight would create a .dmp file when students viewed webmail emails using the Firefox browser.
- Resolved an issue where Chromebook students were in blank screen mode and then selected to enable full-screen monitoring, which then caused the students to share their screen.
- Resolved multiple installer issues when installing on Mac Mojave.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher was not sending the Ctrl-Alt-Del command to Windows students correctly.
- Resolved multiple remote-control related issues.
- Resolved an issue where a teacher profile did not load correctly when loading a profile with the view set to Classroom Layout and their current view set to Details View.
- Resolved an issue where a teacher was not able to change a student’s Disable Mouse and Keyboard settings during a show student session.
- Resolved an issue where users were unable to launch two teacher console sessions with terminal services installation.
- Resolved an issue where students would ask a question during a show teacher session.
Insight 8.00.3218.8000 (April 8, 2019)
- Resolved an issue where the blank screen section in student properties was not enabled when a teacher blanked a student’s screen.
- Resolved an issue where the time reported at the end of a video was incorrect.
- Resolved an issue where the total ‚Vote‘ percentage when selecting an odd number of students did not total 100%.
- Resolved an issue where, when performing a ‚Show Teacher‘ and ‚Draw on Screen‘, the checkbox was selected to indicate that ‚Drawn on Screen‘ is enabled.
- Added support for macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Added support for web limiting and web history in Firefox.
- Updated the method used to display the web limiting blocked page.
- Resolved an issue with manually validating a license on the Mac teacher.
- Resolved an issue where ‚Disabled keyboard and mouse‘ was not working correctly when the Tech Console performed remote control on a teacher console.
- Resolved an issue where students could begin taking a test without first entering their name.
- Resolved an issue where, after enabling ‚Auto-minimize this windows‘ in ‚Show Teacher‘, the remote control panel did not display again.
- Resolved an issue where, when showing the student screen to other students, there was no mouse cursor present.
- Resolved an issue where, if a student hit Ctrl+W while the teacher used the show teacher function, the client shut down for several seconds.
- Chromebook student now only obtains the full name from the domain. Due to changes made by Google to their account page, we are no longer able to pull the students‘ full names from their account pages. This means that the Chromebook no longer requests the full name from the extension. Going forward, we now only obtain the full name from the domain using permissions that the administrator grants. If those permissions are not present, the user’s login name is used. When the Chromebook student obtains the full name of the student from the domain, it should no longer request the full name unless the refresh_student_name field is set in the admin settings.
- Resolved an issue where the ICS Service crashed when using scheduled restart.
Insight 8.00.3117 (June 25, 2018)
Features and Enhancements
- Keystroke alerting for Chromebook: send banned word alerts and retrieve screenshots when requested by the teacher.
- Chromebook Keystroke Alerts are now recorded by the Report Server.
- Added the ability to disable the Windows remote control feature.
- Added the ability to disable the Mac remote control feature.
- ICS can now automatically export statistics via CSV.
- Updated UI for ICS Status Pages.
- Updated SetChannel.exe to allow changing ConnectionServerAddress and Options in addition to Channel.
- Removed locking keyboard on view.
- Changed the link to the ICS status page during install.
- Added a nag option for student to accept full screen.
- Added the ability to retain Report Server data when upgrading from previous releases.
- Added the ability to select a Network Card/IP address for the Insight Connection Server.
- Added an installation parameter for the ICS to bypass scheduled restart task creation.
- Updated installation documentation to include better sample configuration file settings and improved default values for Chromebook Config File.
- Resolved a conflict between Limit App and new Windows 10 Sticky Notes.
- Resolved an issue where dual-monitor Windows Teacher can only draw on Monitor 1.
- Resolved an on Windows issue where Student was not showing second monitor.
- Resolved an issue where the students were not displaying in alphabetical order by their Login Names on Mac teacher Console.
- Command line configuration of private browsing in Mac Teacher now permitted.
- Resolved an issue where Keystroke History on the Mac Teacher was not showing up on certain students.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Teacher managed profile has the wrong type for channel setting.
- Resolved an issue where, when Remote Control was disabled on a Mac Teacher Console and more than one student was selected, the Remote Control icon was not disabled.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student would remain disabled for 30 seconds after a Remote Control session.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student was not blanking secondary display during Blank Screen.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher could not open screenshots for Chromebook Students Banned Alerts.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher would only receiving keystroke alert the first time a student used a banned word.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Tech Console would crash overnight.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student was force closing all browsers when an empty Block List Web Limiting is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student was not accepting mouse movements.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student was deleting .pkg files from source or destination folder in file transfer.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Tech Console could limit student’s private browsing.
- Resolved an issue where Student allowed Tech Console functionality with wrong passwords.
- Resolved an issue where another Teacher and Tech Console would see a Mac Teacher as a student machine if the Mac Teacher were installed with a Mac Student on the same machine.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Tech Console cannot change the Channel of Mac Teacher when Mac Teacher is installed with a Mac Student.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher was unable to collect stored test answer files.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Test Builder had no way to remove image from question.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Student: Blank Block List was interpreted as Block All.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Student going to channel 16001 was not ending Remote Control.
- Resolved an issue where on Mac Teacher was not listing ‚Limit by‘ or ‚IP Address‘ when a teacher limited a student within the student’s properties.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher Run Examples dialog showed Windows examples with double slashes.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Teacher on 10.12 (Sierra) displays ‚Show Tab Bar‘ menu item.
- Resolved an issue on Mac where Chrome extension provisioning profile code signatures had expired.
- Resolved an issue where a TA Remote Control was unable to wake a sleeping Mac running 10.11.
- Resolved an issue where sometimes a Mac 10.10.5 student would not go to the redirect page when using Firefox.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student would sometimes put the redirect URL in the wrong input when using Firefox.
- Student code now obfuscated on Chromebook.
- Resolved an issue on Chromebook where, when the web helper retrieved an incorrect user name, it could not be easily rectified.
- Resolved an issue where the Chromebook Student would crash during Classlist Loading/Dismissing.
- Resolved an issue where testing was no longer displaying as full-screen on Chromebook.
- Resolved an issue where the Show Windows or Mac Student to Chromebook Student stops updating after about a minute.
- Resolved an issue where Web limiting was not applied to Chromebook Student when they were selected by a Mac Teacher.
- Resolved an issue on Chromebook where Web Helper was receiving an unchecked runtime error.
- Resolved an issue where short blank screen messages were not centered on Chromebook.
- Resolved an issue where Students could still view blocked websites using an Incognito Chrome browser.
- Resolved an issue where, after a Chromebook student set their Screen Sharing to Full Screen, they could not change it back to Active browser without rebooting the Chromebook.
- Resolved an issue where the Chromebook student was not displaying a Title in ‚View Student Internet History…‘
- Added new translations for the Chinese Report Server installer.
- Resolved an issue where Student could use ESC or Ctrl + w to escape a blank screen.
- Resolved an issue where the user could not install a Publish Teacher using a GPO.
- Resolved an issue where remote credentials from Tech Console was could not be verified for domain admin users in some cases.
- Disabled Show Video in menu bar when connected to ICS.
- Resolved an issue where inputting ‘123456’ in Start Assessment mode would display incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue where Multi-RC inputs stopped on students when logging in.
- Resolved an issue where WebLimit allow and block lists could not be changed using the Thin Client.
- Resolved an issue where content under ‚File to collect‘ could not be changed after clicking the ‚Collect Files‘ button.
- Resolved an issue where the most recently loaded class list was not displayed in the Save Current Class List menu.
- Resolved an issue where multiple student icons were displayed on the student’s PC after teacher console set keystroke alert.
- Resolved an issue where the teacher console didn’t receive alerts from the student when they typed banned words in a browser or notepad.
- Resolved an issue where Key Stroke Alerts did not work when loading a large banned word list.
- Resolved an issue where the ‚Send Ctrl-Alt-Del (While Controlling)‘ was not working when attempting to unlock a student computer.
- Resolved an issue where the Remote Control did not work if the teacher stopped remote control and then clicked on the student again.
- Resolved an issue where, if a Mac Teacher was performing a remote control of a Windows Student, a message would appear stating ‚The student is already in a session with another Teacher console‘.
- Resolved an issue where the Remote Control screen would freeze if the regedit folder was opened on a student computer.
- Resolved an issue where the Student client was prematurely purging URL history data.
- Resolved an issue where the student could use ‚Control + R‘ to circumvent web limiting.
- Resolved an issue where some students were missing from the classroom layout.
- Resolved an issue where the Teacher.msi was not installing silently with an .mst file.
- Resolved an issue where Firefox version 56.0 would break web history and web limiting on Mac and Windows.
- Fixed spelling typo in setdatatrans.exe utility.
- Resolved an issue where the Show Teacher screen selection in the tool bar was not working correctly.
- Resolved an issue where Screen scraping of a full name on Chrome would fail.
- Resolved an issue where Show Teacher was disabled on Surface Pro 4 input.
- Resolved an issue where a Mac ICS connected student Remote Control session ended with login/logout.
- Resolved an issue where mouse, cursor, and keyboard would freeze when using a Chrome browser.
- Resolved an issue where the Vote screen would reopen as a blank multiple choice Vote screen if closed by the student.
- Resolved an issue where the Channel in the Student system tray would reset to 1 after a reboot.
- Resolved an issue where the Student’s login information was lost after an upgrade.
- Resolved an issue where the login names were truncated and students were not loading into class.
- Resolved an issue where the Screen Privacy parameter was not set during scripted install.
- Resolved an issue where the Student was not properly scaling with full screen Show Teacher and Show Student.
- Resolved an issue where the Windows Teacher and Student installers were not preventing users to install on systems with less than 256 MB for Windows 7/8/10 and less than 128 MB for Windows XP.
- Resolved an issue where the Installer Publisher was listed as ‚Unknown‘ by Windows during install.
- Resolved an issue where the ICS installer was not overwriting the Password Secure Mode hash.
- Resolved an issue where SSID White List entries were not being passed in during a scripted install.
- Resolved an issue where the Dynamic Class List CSV path change was not persistent over a Windows Teacher restart.
- Resolved an issue where Collect * produced unpredictable results if subfolders were not specified.
- Resolved an issue where the wrong error code was transmitted when sending a file to a full Mac Student.
- Resolved an issue where the Report server was duplicating drive information.
- Resolved an issue where the Thin Client installer was not removing all files during uninstall.
- Resolved an issue where users were unable to create a new user in report server because they were receiving a 404 error when navigating to page.
- Resolved an issue where the Customer-Show video file would not launch after being sent.
- Resolved an issue where the Mirage Driver was not removed upon uninstallation of an Insight Teacher or Student.
- Resolved an issue where the Customer-Show teacher screen was cut off and rotated on Lenovo Miix 310.
- Resolved Show Teacher display issues on a Nexus 7.
- Resolved an issue where Nexus 7s would truncate Student information in the class string.
- Resolved an issue where Run Program did not launch app by id.
- Resolved an issue where Show Teacher stopped updating on students.
- Fixed an ICS error: CheckGroupMembership () failed with an error of 9 when accessed from vSphere.
- Resolved an issue where the Touch drivers were not re-enabled after being disabled.
- Resolved an issue where the class list icon was too small to see on 7-inch tablets when the device was in Portrait mode.
- Resolved an issue where Keystroke Alerts were not generated for Thin Client Students.
- Resolved an issue where users could change their channel to an invalid channel.
- Resolved an issue where it was possible to remote control a Student on a different channel.
- Resolved an issue where Remote Control would fail on a Mac teacher when controlling a Windows Student while connecting through an ICS.
Insight 8.00.2379.8000 (July 18, 2017)
Features and Enhancements
- New checkbox option to hide show/remote quality setting.
- Insight Tech Console now available in Simplified Chinese.
- Added option for Command Line install parameter to turn off ‚task limiting‘.
- Added option for Teacher console to always use legacy remote control and show teacher/student.
- Added option to prevent students from jumping to channel 16001, only if ’student privacy‘ option is toggled during the install.
- Enhanced OS X Insight Security monitor to be as robust as the Windows version.
- New iOS Student Chat.
- Resolved an issue where Chrome extension was stopping chrome apps on windows.
- Resolved an issue where Windows 10 student appears to be restarting itself.
- Resolved an issue where Chromebooks was not displaying thumbnails.
- Resolved localization issues.
- Resolved an issue issue of conflict between Insight and EasyC Software.
- Resolved an issue where Insight Student and Insight Teachers crashed.
- Resolved an issue where advanced install was shutting down Windows Student install.
- Resolved an issue where Remote Control session was being lost when entering UAC, Lock or Security screens on Windows 8 Student.
- Resolved an issue with Teacher Console image scaling.
- Resolved an issue with Norwegian ALTGr keyboard and accents on E.
- Resolved Issue with Chromebook demo mode configuration file parameter getting stuck in demo mode.
- Resolved an issue with Chromebook on limit web and blank screen.
- Resolved an issue where Network Tampering Controls SSID List was not updating immediately.
- Resolved various minor Report Server errors.
- Resolved an issue where Mac student was not loading for ADName Class list.
- Resolved an issue with Teacher blanking a single Chromebook screen and having it affect others.
- Resolved an issue with Dual Monitor share teacher screen issue with the second display.
- Resolved an issue where Teacher console was crashing after selecting ‚Show Student‘.
- Resolved an issue where student was showing as two icons in the system tray.
- Resolved an issue where Teacher console was randomly receiving ‚Not Responding‘ thumbnails.
- Resolved an issue where Multiple channel selection was appearing to send keystroke alerts.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Teacher console was crashing on receiving a bad packet.
- Resolved an issue where the Report Server was not able to upgrade ( install error: port 80 in use).
- Resolved an issue where Windows Teacher was appearing to lock up when sending files.
- Resolved an issue where Insight student install was disabling Private browsing policy.
- Resolved an issue where Limit web on Chrome does not always refresh page to block.
- Resolved an issue where Teacher Console was unable to take snapshot from full view.
- Resolved an issue where Show student was showing up in full screen on viewing students screen.
- Resolved an issue where Android Thumbnail is garbled when viewed through the Insight Teacher Assistant.
- Resolved an issue where Show Teacher view on student screen was being cut off and zoomed in.
- Resolved an issue where starting another Remote-Control session you were just remote controlling causes the session to terminate by the student.
- Resolved an issue with limit web not working for Chrome NComputing.
- Resolved an issue with Teacher Console able to see student desktop while Screen privacy is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where ‚Limit Task Manager / Activity Monitor on Student‘ not working previously.
- Improved various iOS Student issues.
- Improved various Android Student issues.
- Resolved an issue where Caps lock was getting stuck on Mac Teacher during Remote Control.
- Resolved an issue where Chromebook settings were not retained between shutdowns.
- Addressed Mac Show Teacher session terminated by PowerPoint Presenter mode.
- Resolved an issue where students were breaking out of blank screen on Mac laptops.
- Resolved an issue where Mac 10.12 could not export test results.
- Resolved an issue where the Student not getting dismissed from class list when a Mac teacher loads them into a class.
- Resolved an issue where Draw on screen in the new show teacher on windows was not working.
- Resolved an issue where attempting to remote control an Insight Connection Server and connecting to a student, teacher only sees a black screen.
- Resolved an issue where keystroke monitoring was not enabled on Windows 10 French system. (VET-921-23538
- Resolved an issue where typing with è and ê with french keyboard was not working. (Case No: UBT-530-79065)
- Resolved an issue where sharing a student’s screen to another screen resulted in Insight Teacher console crashing. (Case No: BTJ-710-89915)
Insight 8.00.2363.8000 (December 12, 2016)
- Up to 8x Faster Screen Sharing
– Thumbnail monitoring now uses half the amount of data compared with previous editions resulting in lower bandwidth usage overall.
– Show Teacher and Student screen is approximately 400% faster.
– Remote Control using similar performance results like the Show screen feature.
- Chromebook Enhancements
– Battery and Power Status information in the Teachers Console.
– Ability to select random Insight Student.
– Enhanced security with Password Secure mode.
– Available as an option to use as part of Trial\Demo mode.
- e-Safety Enhancements
– Get e-Safety with Banned Words\Keystroke alerts.
– Send a snapshot to the teacher console on a banned word event triggered by an Insight student.
– e-Safety integration with Insight Report Server to get a centralized perspective on events in the Insight environment.
– Record and analyze technology utilization with reports such as website visits or application usage by a student or computer.
- Android Student Enhancements
– Enable Thumbnail monitoring even outside of the Insight student application.
– New Blank screen and Chat feature for better control.
– Newly redesigned Student interface for enhanced usability.
– Ability to sign-in with the Google profile to allow Insight to use the student’s login name.
– Optimized Insight Student app to work with Android 7.0 Nougat.
- New Show Screen Settings
– Active Display – Ability to select a single monitor, or multiple monitors to be displayed during the show session.
– Image Quality – Ability to select performance based on speed vs. image quality. With new Turtle mode, Rabbit mode and Cheetah mode to set the desired speed vs. image quality.
– Turbo Mode – See up to 800% performance increase with 6-10 frames per second with the new Turbo mode.
– Draw on Screen – Allow the Teacher to draw with a red pen on the screen with enhanced usability.
- Customer Enhancements
– New option to minimize vs. shutdown in Application Limiting
– Mac Teacher can now use network path for dynamic class lists
– Wake-On-Lan (WOL) option so that settings can be local machine rather than User
- Resolved an issue with the /norestart command for mass uninstalling.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac student tray icon was updating too often.
- Resolved an issue where Google Docs are not being allowed even if permitted with the Web Limiting feature.
- Resolved an issue where Chrome extension was prompting to block a page hundreds of times per second.
Insight 7.81.2340.7810 (June 27, 2016)
- Resolved an issue where the Teacher could not blank screen or share the Teacher’s screen with Chromebook students joined into class. (Case No: LKC-248-20449)
- Resolved an issue where the user could not type ‚~‘ (tilde) in French correctly when Insight Student was installed. (Case No: YJE-970-75354)
- Resolved an issue where a student can bypass Blank Screen on OS X with certain trackpad gesture. (Case No: AFW-82113506)
- Resolved an issue where Insight fails to transfer large files to students on OS X systems. (Case No: BUB-338-26409)
- Resolved an issue where improper characters were shown when remote controlling computers using Insight on a Swiss or French keyboard. (Case No: BQA-851-78987)
Insight 7.81.2340.7810 (February 24, 2016)
New Features and Enhancements
- Improved Usability for Screen Sharing in Chromebook: Enhanced Chromebook Student Preferences dialog where students can clearly select if they want to share an Active browser tab or Full screen. Selecting Full Screen will display a security prompt and the student must click Share to share the screen.
- Resolved an issue where showing Teacher’s screen to Chromebook Student removed the task bar and locked up the Chromebook. (Update on 13 April, 2016)
- Resolved an issue with Mac Tech Console drawing problems with Find (Command-F).
- Resolved an issue with Chromebooks where RUN URL parameters were truncated.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Teacher not detecting Ethernet network interface ‚Bridge‘.
- Resolved an issue where end blank screen on Chromebook student would affect other students.
- Resolved an issue where Lenovo Miix 2 10, not always re-enabling touch/docking station with Insight.
- Resolved an issue with Show Teacher being circumvented by Multi-tab on Chromebooks.
- Resolved various Insight Connection Server Crashes to improve performance and stability.
- Resolved an issue with Show Teacher and Show Student on same resolution but different font scaling tablets.
- Resolved an issue Process Hacker Utility getting around Insight restrictions.
- Resolved an issue Insight student removing the background desktop wallpaper when showing Teacher or blanking screen.
- Resolved an issue where improper characters being shown when remote controlling machines using Insight on a Swiss / French keyboard. (Case No: BQA-851-78987, YJE-970-75354)
- Resolved an issue where Insight Teacher Console on OSX showing increased power consumption while minimized.(Case No: BVZ-545-65793)
- Resolved an issue where Insight teacher crashing when loading a class list. (Case No: NQR-161-79970)
Insight 7.81.2331.7810 (September 10, 2015)
- Support for El Capitan (OS X 10.11)
- Windows 10 Teacher and Student Support
- Windows 10 Web Limiting for Edge Browser in Windows 10 – Windows 10 introduced a new browser called Edge Browser which we can now block during web limiting. Microsoft does not provide any granular control so will just block the browser if any web limiting is enabled.
- Windows 10 granular Application Limiting of Modern apps – Some apps can also be blocked on Windows 8 but customer should test it.
- Windows 10 Remote Execute ‚Run‘ of Metro, Modern, and Windows Store style Windows apps – You can now actually launch modern apps by providing the web link for that particular app.
- Teacher Console ‚Show Teacher‘ screen sharing statistics – To activate on Windows, Start ‚Show Teacher‘ while holding down Ctrl. On Mac while holding Shift-command.
- Upgraded OpenSSL in Insight
- Resolved an issue where Mac Student MCX settings not manageable, not updated.
- Resolved an issue where isconfig not installing Chrome extension to Mac Teacher.
- Resolved an issue with Yosemite Teacher not quitting Tech Console when user chooses.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Teachers launched after ICS restarted not being updated.
- Resolved an issue with Mac 10.9-10.10 students truncating short answer questions.
- Resolved an issue with packet loss in Mac student during Show Teacher.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Teacher installer failing to write out AllowTaskmanLimiting setting.
- Resolved an issue with selecting load class list where it reverts Insight to a single channel prior to loading the list.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Tech Console crash.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Teacher managed profile with wrong type for channel setting.
- Resolved an issue with Mac student where the student change system folder permissions collecting files.
- Resolved an issue with El Capitan Mac student installer not starting user agents.
- Removed ’new version‘ update notification for On-demand Teacher agents.
- Resolved an issue with default profile thumbnail layout not sticking for users.
- Resolved an issue with On-demand Mac Teacher failing to load students into class.
- Resolved an issue with On-demand Mac students who change their name not reporting immediately to teachers.
- Resolved an issue with Report Server showing the wrong times.
- Resolved an issue with web limiting where ‚block all‘ was not being applied to Lite+ students by iOS Teachers Assistant.
- Resolved an issue where there was an increasing delay in refresh of thumbnail in Tech Console. (Case No: OUG-377-90231)
Insight 7.81.2329.7810 (July 09, 2015)
- View Student, Show Student and Chat added to Chromebook Student.
- 10,000 student connections allowed per Insight Connection Server
- Auto-update Teacher through the Insight Connection Server.
- Allow multi-select in Teacher Console lists when running on Windows 8 tablets.
- Handle device disconnects when device goes to sleep.
- Student Privacy option now available.
- ‚Ask the Teacher a Question‘ notice more obvious and added timestamp.
- 64-bit iOS applications for Teacher’s Assistant and Universal Student.
- Communication and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) Accessibility measures included in this release.
- Resources button now available for Teacher to get easy/quick access.
- Resolved an issue where Chromebook Students stop connecting to the Insight Connection Server and stop showing up to the Teacher.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Students were not responding or had a black screen. (This is the issue where Mac Student daemon hangs.
- Removed Microsoft .NET Framework warning message from appearing when using Dynamic Class Lists on the Windows Teacher as it no longer applies.
- Resolved an issue that now allows for the Teacher to turn off ‚Automatically check for Insight updates‘ in configuration pane.
- Added fixes for Insight Connection Service (ICS) where it crashed or was not responding.
- Resolved an issue where the Insight Connection Server can get into a state where it will stop servicing all Students and Teachers and consume the server’s CPU.
- Resolved issue of Teacher console crashing while trying to restore the Screen Feed view when there are no students.
- Corrected problem where Student.exe interfered with GPO in registry.
- Resolved several issues involving Chromebook Student and Web Limiting.
- Resolved an issue on Chromebook where ‚Ask the teacher a question‘ was not captured on the Teacher Console.
- Resolved an issue in the Show Teacher failure on Mac Teacher caused by Apple App Nap power saving feature.
- Resolved issues in Chromebook Student to support ARM-based processors.
- Enabled Chromebook Show Teacher option for right click on the Student thumbnail view.
- Changed the Chromebook default behavior to save user preferences in the Cloud rather than on the device.
- Resolved an issue so that Chromebook continues to Web Limit after wireless network is cycled.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Teacher crashed when adding students to class list.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Teacher crashed when showing Student info.
- Resolved an issue with sorting on all columns of when browsing for Students in Class List.
- Resolved an issue with Teacher crash during remote control while Student logging in.
- Extended toggle type selection to all multi-select lists in the Teacher console.
- Resolved an issue with VirtualBox interfering with Insight Student.
- Resolved an issue where Mac daemon periodically crashes.
- Resolved an issue with Yosemite (OS X 10.10) showing Student thumbnail.
- Resolved an issue with Yosemite (OS X 10.10) multiple choice questions.
- Resolved an issue with Teacher’s Assistant crashing when sending long (+150 character) message.
- Resolved an issue with Web Helper to be more robust.
- Resolved an issue where Mac had corrupt screen during Remote Control of multi-monitor machine.
- Resolved an issue where Chromebook Students didn’t reconnect after stop/start of Insight Connection Service.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Student Chat window not closing after Teacher closes Chat.
- Resolved a buffer overflow issue with Mac Student (TileEncoder).
- Resolved a magnify option to stay deselected after application restart.
- Resolved issues in ‘readme.txt’.
- Fixed issue where a Student question will toggle off and on when the Student is Insight Connection Server connected.
- Fixed the Login name for Chromebook to show the Google+ name of the authenticated user instead of the application configured Student Name.
- Disabled [OK] in Chromebook Vote until a choice is made.
- Addressed localization issue with Questions appearing in wrong language.
- Resolved an issue where Chromebook Student should not prompt Student to upgrade to Google+.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Teacher on Lion (OS X 10.7).
- Resolved Mac Teacher issue with changing network settings if Insight Connection Server specified at install.
- Resolved a Wake-On-LAN issue where list re-sorted unexpectedly changing sort criteria.
- Added feature for Mac student to present a larger message box.
- Resolved an issue where it was not possible view Insight student with dual monitor. (Case No: GOE-863-76548)
- Resolved an issue where setting a student to mute and rebooting the teacher console results in a student machine that cannot be un-muted. (Case No: XET-441-14517/IUJ-159-75258)
- Resolved an issue where there was a delay in refreshing thumbnails in Insight Tech Console. (Case No: OUG-377-90231)
Insight 7.80.2324.7800 (March 24, 2015)
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for OS X Yosemite
- Support for iOS 8 (includes enhancements for iPhone 6 and 6 plus)
- Improved Insight Connection Server Communication
- Improved web-limiting on FireFox and Chrome
- Windows: Resolved web limiting issue with Insight and Chrome 35+ (Case No: WLC-781-72847)
- Resolved issues with Insight and Windows 8.1 on a Touch Screen System to allow users to exit to Metro Apps. (Case No: KTS-279-97851)
- Resolved an issue where Insight is not effectively limiting web access with Firefox on Windows. (Case No: WDX-732-95675)
- Resolved an issue where iPads were not pairing with the Teacher console. (Case No: HCD-999-93056)
- Resolved an issue where iPad Teacher Assistant running iOS 8.x did not connect to Teacher console. (Case No: UMR-126-64257/HGV-994-29992)
iOS 8 fixes for Insight Teacher’s Assistant and Insight Student
- iOS Student on the iPhone crashing after launching internal browser.
- Teacher’s Assistant crashes when discovering Students on Teachers Assistant iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and iPad2 with iOS 8.
- Thumbnail alignment adjusted on view of iPhone 4 and 4S running iOS 7 and 8.
- iOS Student on the iPhone has buttons partially blocked by the iOS 8 keyboard.
- Thumbnail correctly displayed in both landscape and portrait orientations on iPad 2.
- Teacher’s assistant pairing view rotation fixed for iOS 8 iPhone in landscape.
- Updated icons, launch images, backgrounds on Insight Student for iOS.
- Tap to close Teacher message dialog caused next message to not appear.
- Resolved various fixes for iOS 8.
Insight Connection Server fixes
- Students now showing up appropriately to the Teachers after they have been in Sleep or Standby modes.
- ICS no longer faulting and auto-restarting several times a day.
- Thumbnails are now updating appropriately.
- Teacher Console constantly flipping in and out between Updating and Not Responding.
- ICS attempts to downgrade students via AutoUpdate feature.
- ICS responds for a Sleeping student and can confuse the Console.
- Student gets into ICS list more than once.
- ICS and Report Server are not allowed to run on the same machine.
- Auto populate ‘dirBcast Addr’ in Teacher Console when ICS is specified.
- Security monitor not working with ICS.
Insight 7.80.2316.7800 (July 07, 2014)
Features and Enhancements
- Support for Insight Student on Google Chromebooks for Intel and ARM hardware (supports Thumbnail Monitoring, Show Teacher, Draw on Screen, Limit Web, Send Message, Vote / Polling, Ask Teacher a Question, Details of Student to Teacher, Class List support, Testing, Run URL, Blank Screen and Internet History).
– Installing Insight Chromebook / Capturing screen on Chromebook.
– Insight Student on Chrome Web Store
– Insight Web extension
- Assessment Mode allows the Teacher to put all of the Student computers into a ‘locked down’ state when Students take Assessment tests on their computers.
- Wireless Tampering prevention via SSID Limitation used in conjunction with the Network Tampering feature of Insight to ensure that the machine connects only to the required school’s wireless network when available. Learn More.
- Auto Update all Windows and Apple-Mac students to the same version of Insight software.
- New Universal iOS Teacher Assistant application for iPhone and iPad.
- Limit Web feature now supported for Chrome browser on Mac OS.
- All Keystroke Alerts and Questions from Students to Teachers are sent to a log that can be viewed or saved out to a file on the disk.
- Chromebook Insight App does not support non-English localizations (coming soon).
- Non-English user guides are not updated (coming soon).
- Chrome limiting on Mac now requires OSx 10.7 (Lion) and above.
- Insight is now discontinuing support for Leopard (Mac OSx 10.5).
- Chromebook Insight App mass deployment and configuration instructions are available by contacting Faronics Technical Support.
- Chrome Web Limiting is now accomplished with a Chrome extension that is auto installed by Insight. Learn More.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Insight Student did not report to the Insight Teacher if connected through the USB Ethernet Adapter. (Case No: LYT-425-91784)
- Resolved an issue where under some conditions, the Insight service crashed when the user logged on. (Case No: BSZ-924-57607)
- Resolved an issue in certain environments where Insight Student may not report to Teacher console after sleep. (Case No: OMY-684-45456)
- Resolved an issue in certain environments where Insight Student workstations may not show up in the Insight Teacher Console. (Case No: GEB-443-46754)
- Resolved an issue where, Insight Teacher crashed when taking a screen capture of the student on certain screen resolutions. (Case No: KUE-562-31845)
- Resolved an issue where, under certain conditions, Insight Student service may enter into starting-stopping loop. (Case No: FLH-269-65755)
- Resolved an issue when Mac Teacher running Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 showed black screen to Students during Show Teacher. (Case No: IFR-199-24401, BTL-593-54558)
- Resolved Test feature issues with Android Student including not reporting/showing test answers accurately through Insight Connection Server.
- Resolved an issue where thumbnails were stuck at ‚Updating‘.
- Resolved an issue where Limit Web no longer worked with Chrome version 33. The Insight Web Helper Chrome extension is required and is automatically installed.
- Resolved Student crash issue with extra-long Window text in Firefox browser.
- Resolved an issue when a running ‚Speak to Class‘ audio session gets stuck after class is dismissed.
- Fixed an issue where Student experienced Insight network errors when away from school.
- Added code for automatic approval for Key Logging on Mac Students.
- Added notifications so that after clearing a Keystroke Alert, notification continues if the same banned word is used again.
- Improved support for long student names entered when a student takes a test (may be 64 characters long).
- Resolved an issue where custom teacher package sent from Tech Console to Teacher did not keep settings.
- Added registry setting (AutoCheckUpdates) to disable the update notice on Teacher machines.
- Fixed problem where Mac student daemon crashes in PrioritizeConnections.
Insight 7.74 (February 18, 2014)
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for Windows 8.1 tablets with touchscreen interface (supports Blank Screen, Limit Web, Remote Control, Show Screen etc).
- Support for scaling settings when either Teacher or Student is on a tablet (supports Show Teacher/Student with font scaling 150% scaling).
- Fixed Limit Web feature introduced by Google in Chrome browser version 29+.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Teacher crashed on Mavericks when removing a Wake-on-LAN list entry.
- Resolved an issue in the Windows version where White/Black List Web limiting does not work correctly with Internet Explorer on non-English Students.
- Resolved an issue where Web Limiting in Chrome could be circumvented using Incognito mode.
- Resolved the issue where Web Blocking can be circumvented on Internet Explorer
- Resolved an issue where Mac Students occasionally not loading with a Class List through Insight Connection Server.
- Resolved an issue where Web limiting does not work correctly on Ubuntu student.
- Resolved an issue where Active Directory Security locks out authorized Teachers, under certain circumstances.
- Resolved an issue where the Test result displayed on the Student machine on completing a test is incorrect. (Chinese version)
- Resolved an issue where some of the resources referenced in .admx file are missing in appropriate .adml file.
- Resolved an issue where Insight Android Student crashes when receiving a Test, when running on Android 4.3.
- Resolved an issue where some students not showing through the Insight Connection Server when 32+ Teachers are running.
- Resolved an issue where Insight Student cannot Limit Web on Chrome 29 and above.
- Resolved an issue when using Insight Connection Server in password protected mode, a ‚Missing Student…‘ label is displayed on all the students in the console.
- Resolved an issue where cancelling a test resulted in loss of test data.
- Corrected scaling issue that results when font size is set to 150% specifically on high-resolution, high-density screens (Show Screen feature).
- Resolved an issue where Mac Daemon hangs while trying to close the Insight Connection Server thread.
- Corrected position of horizontal divider on iOS Student screen when changing device orientation while in browser.
- Resolved issue with buffer overrun causing crashes when loading/opening class lists.
- Resolved issue with the Sticky bit being resent on /var/tmp causing some features (testing, Remote Control, etc.) to not work.
- Fixed re-broadcast problem with multiple Insight Connection Server re-sending Wake-on-LAN (WOL) packets.
- Improved Mac crash logs with required information.
- Resolved an issue of too frequent requests to lsversion.txt causing poor performance.
- Updated keystroke log and URL history files to prevent corruption and allow simple extraction.
- Added code to StudentDiagnostics to show GDIPlus DLL information in the installation page.
- Resolved an issue with MultiRC not working with Insight Connection Server.
- Mac Teacher now shows student name properly on small and medium thumbnails.
- Resolved an issue where where custom Mac Teacher install package wipes out Insight Connection Server and Relay Server settings upon upgrade.
- Resolved issue where Wake-on-LAN fails when Console set to Directed Broadcast to the Insight Connection Server.
- Resolved an issue with Internet Explorer Web Limiting being able to show Blank.html page when the NoRun policy is set.
- Cannot unblank Students from Teacher’s System Tray menu. (Case No: IEGC-376-23127)
- Mac Students may show distorted desktop image being broadcasted by Windows clients.
Insight 7.73.2289.7730 (August 08, 2013)
7511 Resolved an issue where the snapshot feature grayed out for students logged in with a local account. (Case No: QQM-132-68718)
Insight 7.73.2288.7730 (July 18, 2013)
New Features and Enhancements
- New ‚Speak‘ section consolidates audio options from Show & Control and provides a new Audio pop-up dialog to notify when audio is enabled. Two new features are available:
– Speak to class.
– Let student speak to class.
- Ability to use other functions of the Teacher Console after enabling screen blanking.
- Network Tampering Controls will monitor, the wired and wireless networks for adapter disconnects. This feature must be enabled on the Student computer (Initially on Windows Only).
- Find/Filter options in the Teacher Console details, thumbnail, and manage class list views.
- Insight Connection Server support for Thin Clients.
- New Windows Multipoint Server 2012 Support.
- New logic added to Status Notification of Teacher Connection in student system tray: Enabled only if a teacher is on the same channel.
- New safety mechanism/warning dialog to confirm disruptive actions.
- Added tool tips for Mac Console.
- New student count to manage class list interface.
- Color reduction option for Screen Feed, enable\disable in Console preferences Teacher tab.
- Changed default selection mode in thumbnails view to be standard selection, not toggle section, and added an option in preferences to switch.
- New On-demand options.
- Enable channel select command line option for students.
- Teacher Console that does not require class list integration.
- Insight Student configured for the Connection Server now supports DNS name.
- New Utility ;DisableAudio.exe‘ removes audio capabilities on a Windows Teacher Console.
- Support added for Mac to send automated crash logs back to Faronics.
- New option enabled by default for Insight to automatically check for Insight updates (Teacher – Preferences -Notifications)
- New ‚SwitchToTeacher‘ utility for Mac allows the ability to have both the teacher and student agents installed on the same device.
- Android Insight Connection Server and Distance Teaching Support. *Requires an updated Android Student to be release post 7.7.3
- Android students can now be added to class lists. *Requires an updated Android Student to be released post 7.73.
- Resolved issue with Show Teacher not showing to Insight Connection Server Students if wireless students are present.
- Fixed issue with iOS Teacher Assistant not pairing with Insight 7.7.2 Teacher Consoles.
- Addressed various crashes with iOS student.
- Corrected situation with Insight Connection Server and Multi-Remote Control double typing.
- Improved application limiting for executable where internal name does not have .exe.
- Resolved issue with Mac Test Builder de-selecting the ‚True/False‘ radio button when editing a True/False question.
- Resolved Windows Teacher Limit Web drop-down menu being disabled for iOS students.
- Fixed Mac Student for the iMac so that video corruption did not appear.
- Improved Insight Connection Service when faults are encountered.
- Addressed Report Server install issues with Windows 8.
- Improved performance of Group Chat.
- Corrected issue with Dynamic Class List dialog and the ability to differentiate class names.
- Updated ‚Ask technician a question‘ to reduce confusion. Only enabled if Tech Console is discoverable on the network.
- Resolved issue with teacher console displaying Android students as capable of Windowed Show Teacher.
- Addressed magnification issues generating a white border rather than the thumbnail.
- Fixed issue with Draw Screen not minimizing teacher console.
- Removed bell on Mac 10.8 when class join occurs.
- Improved speed in updating current application field from details view.
- Added tool-tips for missing buttons.
- Corrected issue with web limiting twitter also inadvertently limiting Google.
- Fixed various student crashes.
- Improved non-connection message for students configured to use the Insight Connection Server.
- Mac Teacher can now switch to show student during a remote control with that student.
- Improved performance of Mac Teacher’s ‚Show Student‘ to Mac or Linux (Ubuntu) students.
- Corrected issue with Custom Folder listbox being disabled during file transfer.
- Addressed Chat issue with spacing on the first line.
- Fixed dual Insight student indicator on Linux (Ubuntu).
- Corrected Run Program failure with Linux (Ubuntu) students.
- Resolved issue with Teacher Console freezing when viewing URL history.
- Improved Mac Student hardening against malicious threats to stop the agent.
- Improved test summary results to handle essay questions.
- Fixed issues with a licensed console viewing lite students.
- Corrected issue with Mac Teacher install not launching correctly if Fast User Switching is utilized.
- Addressed issue with iOS students not stopping limit web if the teacher connection goes away.
- Corrected issue allowing ‚Pokki‘ application to be limited with limit apps.
- Improved iOS student random test questions process.
- Fixed a problem on Tech Console, which did not prompt for user credential for logging off Linux (Ubuntu) clients.
- Fixed the Task Manager not being disabled when load new class.
- Fixed ‚Add Selected Student Back into Class‘ being disabled on a password protected Console after removing a student from class.
- Fixed a ‚Missing Student…‘ label being displayed on students in loaded class when using the Insight Connection Server in password protected mode.
Version 7.72.2279.7720 (January 2013)
- Windows 8 support.
- Ubuntu Linux 12 and 64-bit support.
- System Tray student notification of teacher connection.
- Insight Connection support for Tech Console.
- Group Chat – Multiple students can chat in a group with a Teacher.
- New Unload options for On-demand students.
- Increased the amount of time student have to review ‚Timed tests‘ results.
- iOS App Enhancements:
– iPhone 5 student support.
– iOS Universal Student Agent (merged Student app from 2 to 1).
– iPhone Student testing support.
– iOS Class List support.
– iOS Students support for Insight connection server.
- Added Customizable background image for Blank Screen for Mac Teachers. (Windows support was added in the previous 7.7.1 release).
- Windows Multipoint Server Plug-in now shows the IP address in the details view.
- Wildcards support for Application limiting.
- Support for Simplified Chinese (Windows only).
- Fixed not dismissible application blocking notification on Ubuntu Students.
- Fixed the defect of classroom thumbnails locations being not saved, when switching into Classroom Layout mode (Teacher Windows and Mac).
- Improved Insight Connection Service communication with students.
- Improved iOS browsers ability to show internet history with double byte characters.
- Resolved iOS teacher assistant issue with seeing higher port students.
- Fixed issue with View keystroke and application history only showing keystrokes.
- Corrected issue with iOS Teacher Assistant not handling UAC properly with Remote Control.
- Improved iOS Teacher Assistant Screen Blanking with Insight Connection Server (ICS).
- Fixed issue with iOS Teacher Assistant Vote questions not recording responses via ICS.
- Added Sample Tests for On-demand Teacher Consoles.
- Resolved iOS students not showing web limiting icon during a web limit.
- Improved Teacher Assistant pairing with Teacher Console.
- Resolved Remote Control and View Student un-toggling Application limit.
- Corrected VMware ESX\vSphere issues with student.
- Fixed issue with demo iOS students not communicating with Teacher in Multicast mode.
- Improved Taskbar Icon status for Ubuntu 11.10 students.
- Removed Android ability to appear in Manage Class List.
- Correct issue with Teacher not displaying ‚?‘ icon when Android students ask questions.
- Fixed issues with Insight connection server unloading.
- Improved message to Teacher with Android student changes channel.
- Improved Student hardening for PC students configured to use Insight connection server.
- Fixed various Insight teacher and student crashes.
- Resolved situation with Mac Teacher not displaying name entered by students taking a test.
- Corrected issue with Remote Control Menu-bar not enabling the ability to switch from Remote control to view.
- Improved Mac student daemon to eliminate crash with ICS and lack of a network connection.
- Insight Connection Server Service will default to restart if interrupted.
- Fixed issue with Insight ICS connected student not appearing in the WOL list.
- Addressed issue with Mac Tech Console not setting the correct focus when right-clicking on a extra-large thumbnail.
- Corrected Special Folder destination combo box remaining disabled after send.
- Improved Mac thumbnail view where wrong thumbnails expand.
- Addressed issue with Mac students not always returning the student name.
- Fixed issue with Android students not showing question mark in details view.
- Resolved incorrect version numbers.
- Correct Mac Lite teacher and student ability to access the ICS configuration screen.
- Mac console will not persist in saving the test answers settings.
- Addressed issue with PC teacher not showing ampersand characters in the teacher message history list.
- WMS 2011 student details view now shows the designation for ICS students.
- Corrected issue with Teacher console not receiving votes from Linux students.
- Addressed issue with Student thumbnail being stuck at ‚updating through ICS‘.
- Added reconnect logic to students configured for ICS mode.
- Resolved issue with install not passing Secure Mode settings with /qn
- Corrected missing mouse cursor on teacher console during ’show student‘.
- Improved student hardening around upgrading Insight.
- Fixed issue with iOS students leaving channel and not updating thumbnail appropriately.
- Improved iOS room # updates based on changing channels.
- Corrected logic for iOS teacher Assistant Remote Control of students.
- Improved Linux Student display message where message contained an ampersand character.
- Corrected remote update issues with demo students to regular students
- Improved background image for blank screen performance.
- Resolved issue with iOS Teacher Assistant sending wrong first keystroke.
- Corrected iOS Teacher Assistant blank screen issues.
- Fixed issue with Rebuilding ‚Power On‘ list using Insight Connection Server model.
- Improved iOS student test for visible differentiation between single-select and multi-select.
- Resolved issue with duplicate keystroke logging with a Mac teacher becomes a student.
- Corrected issue with resending a test to iPad students causes previous answer to be lost.
- Fixed wrong score being reported from essay questions on iPad students.
- Improved keystroke logging when using Insight connection server based students.
- Addressed issue with teacher console crashing on export of test.
- Improved iOS students’ performance with ‚Show Teacher‘ session.
- Corrected iOS TA ability to receive long questions from students.
- Fixed various remote control issues in Teacher Consoles.
- Addressed ICS students not properly dismissing from class.
- Resolved iPad Teacher Assistant crash when changing blank screen message.
- Improved icon status in teacher console so higher priority items appear on top.
- Fixed issue with remote updating a PC student from a Mac teacher turning on the problem reporter.
- Corrected issue with ICS PC students incorrectly reporting it is not Deep Freeze capable.
- Fixed screen misalignment after logging into a PC student via remote control.
- Improved iOS Teacher Assistant logic on remote control button.
- Improved On-demand PC Teacher preference settings persistence.
- Addressed iOS Teacher Assistant seeing students that have changed to a different channel.
- Fixed issues with Mac students and new Retina Displays.
- Corrected issue with save student answers failing if the student name contained a forward slash.
- Improved visible indicator with student is denied due to ICS not having correct security settings.
- Addressed issue with Keystroke logging showing deleted keystrokes from ICS students.
- Resolved issue with Safari 6 not following teachers co-browse.
- Resolve issue with Android short answer questions being incorrectly scored if they have a leading space.
- Corrected crash with remote controlling a student while also performing Co-browse.
- Addressed Localization string issues on French PC teacher.
- Fixed issue with Deep Freeze students receiving multiple ‚You’re about to be logged off‘ windows when multiple commands are sent.
- Resolved inconsistent behavior when using Deep Freeze between Mac & PC Tech Consoles.
- Addressed issue with collecting files from students would fail if the teacher’s destination was different from the student source folder.
- Fixed issue with students unable to join a dynamic class list if their login name is the same as the teacher.
- Insight Connection Server installer leverages preexisting secure mode settings.
- Resolved issue with Mac students sending inventory directly to the report server rather than via the Insight Connection Server.
- Mac Students using the Insight Connection Server no longer receive an error when attempting to use the Deep Freeze Tech Console capability.
- File Transfers to Linux students can now be deleted.
- Improved Time Test reset logic if a user logs out during a test.
- Better error message in ‚Show Video‘ when the video codecs are missing on the student.
- Fixed Random On-demand Mac Teacher crash when awaking a sleeping computer with Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolved issues with Mac Teacher failing on Remote Updates.
Version 7.71.2264.7710 (September 2012)
- Apple OS X Mountain Lion Support (10.8)
- Brazilian Portuguese (Windows Only)
- Additional Insight Connection Server feature support
– Limit Printing
– Limit Drives
– Keystroke History
– Application History
– Power on Student
– Banned word support
- Customizable background image for Blank Screen (Windows Teacher Only)
- Linux students report capabilities back to teacher consoles
- New Insight Connection Server configuration options in ADM and ADMX files
- Insight Connection Server debug log option
- Improved student connection indicator for Insight Connection Server
- Resolved student Mute and Unmute issues.
- Fixed some occurrences of student and teacher crashes.
- Corrected Teacher Console being stuck in Screen Feed mode.
- Addressed in-private browsing issue with Internet Explorer 9 browser.
- Resolved Tech Console Active Directory Secure mode lock out issue.
- Changed the default button with focus to the ‘OK’ button in Deep Freeze Management.
- Improved French PC Teacher ‘Register Product’ translation.
- Improved Graphics card inventory information.
- Fixed Web Limiting issue with an oversized allow list.
- Correct Insight system tray icon not removing after exiting the console.
- Improved Insight system tray icon for Thin Clients.
- Corrected install logic for Insight Connection Server enablement on students.
- Fixed system tray dialog messages that were previously cut off.
- Resolved error with file transfer to students if the folder was previously removed.
- Corrected Mac student install issue if space in .pkg path.
- Improved file transfer technology on large files.
- Fixed ‚Block Now‘ issue with Mac students if a space existed in the application name.
- Corrected Co-browse issue with the Insight connection server.
- Improved file collection on Linux students.
- Addressed issue with Mac Students not working correctly with Thunderbolt displays.
- Resolved issue with Mac students not sending web history through Insight Connection Server.
- Fixed issue with PC teacher not able to remove Teacher Assistant pairing.
- Improved ability to maintain settings during Insight upgrades.
- Improved web limiting hardening.
- Resolved issue with manual license validation.
- Corrected Linux student inappropriately limiting the web when not selected.
- Allowing iOS students channel to be set to 16001.
- Improved Insight Classroom Server Web Service information.
- Addressed issue with Insight removing HP TouchSmart 9300 Drivers.
- Improved Mac Tech Console functionality enablement for Android students.
- Corrected Mac student opening a browser for run commands.
- Improved Multi-Remote Control through the Insight Connection Server.
- Resolved resolution issue between student and teachers.
- Adjusted On-demand Windows students for better in Private browsing blocking.
- Fixed issue with sample test saving causing crash with test builder.
- Improved student thumbnails refreshing.
- Resolved Mac teacher crashing during screen feed.
- Improved Student sleeping support in Insight Connection Server.
- Addressed Tech Consoles lack of ability to clear teacher question.
- Resolved issue with Mac Teacher who becomes a student not able to display thumbnail.
- Improved file collection for students’ names that contain a slash.
- Reordered the Remote Login order to comply with Windows login standards.
- Address PC teacher hang with attempting to load a dynamic class list.
Version 7.70.2258.7700 (July 2012)
- New Insight Connection Server, client-server model for improved support in VLAN & Wireless environments.
- Expanded iOS Teacher Assistant with Remote Control Students and Remote Control Teacher.
- Expanded iOS Student capabilities with receive ‚Show Teacher‘, ‚Show Student‘, Draw on Screen, iOS web browser with Limit web and web history reporting.
- New Android Student.
- Insight Tech Console centralized Faronics Deep Freeze Control and threaded software install.
- Improved Inventory Scanner for Windows to leverage native WMI.
- Insight default startup view now thumbnails.
- Added ability to pass KIOSK mode into Terminal Server Teachers.
- Improved student state detection in teacher consoles.
- Insight Teacher Consoles can communicate on high port (11796) for operating systems that can not listen on lower privileged port (796).
- New Insight Student command-line install options: LCS= (IP address of Connection Server) RELAY= (IP address of webNetwork Relay).
- New Insight Connection Server Port configuration registry key:
ConnectionServerPort REG_SZ <NewPortNumber>
- Once the new port is defined on the Insight Connection Server (LCS), student machines also required to modify the port to match the port value on the LCS:
ConnectionServerAddress //32-bit PCs
ConnectionServerAddress //64-bit PCs
- Increased the data limit log for keystroke and application logging from 500KB to 1MB
- Fixed situations of keyboard and mouse not disabled during show screen and screen blanking.
- Resolved issue with remote run running an application as a system account
- Improved EnableChannelSelect utility to indicate when it fails to change the channel due to insufficient rights.
- New error message when attempting to install students to channel 0 ‚Invalid Channel‘.
- Resolved Linux demo student to retail channel upgrade issue.
- Improved Mac Teacher Console menu and button graying logic for iOS.
- Resolved some occurrences of student and teacher crashes.
- Improved Web Limiting on Mac Students using a Chrome browser.
- Removed the join class notification for students running in stealth mode.
- Student Chat dialog box will no longer come up as 2nd window.
- Improved task manager limiting logic.
- Fixed version information for iPhone Students.
- Resolved WMS 2010 Teacher who becomes a student going to channel 1, instead of the teacher’s channel.
- Corrected issue where remote control of a teacher while the teacher is preforming a show screen to students was causing problems.
- Improved performance of inventory reporting on PC students.
- Removed the redundant channel setting on iPad student application Settings\Student Settings.
- Improved Linux web limiting to leverage wildcard characters.
- Send crash reports option was added to ADM and ADMX templates.
- Improved performance of keystroke monitoring on student machines.
- Fixed issue with Task Manager remaining disabled after on-demand agent is removed.
- Resolved situation with Terminal Services not being able to join a dynamic class list.
- Tech Console Virus Protection and Malware now detect 64bit version of Security Essentials.
Version 7.63.2240.7630 (April 2012)
- Support for NComputing M300 thin clients.
- Corrected occurrences of a sticky mouse and keyboard. Mouse and keyboard movement would appear to hang for a second or two and then catch up.
- Resolved situation where screen data was off by a tile or two.
- Fixed case when students sometimes don’t display results and the Teacher doesn’t gets an indication that they’re done, when ‚Show Test Score to students‘ is selected.
- Correct cases where Show Teacher screen is showing up as a Windowed screen with Full screen option set.
- Fixed situations where the view keeps scrolling to top or bottom after refreshing a PC or Mac Console with many Thumbnails.
- Fixed situations where the Mac Teacher view scrolls to the top after refreshing the details view.
- Added Linux student machine names so they show up when creating class lists.
- Fixed Updating a Student from a loaded Class List updates Student’s base channel.
- Corrected issue where web limiting stops working when using an empty ‚Allowed Sites‘ list.
- Resolved case in which Mac Teacher would fails to apply Limiting button states from a Default Profile.
- Fixed some situations where students stop responding to all network traffic.
- Corrected problem where a Web Limited XP Student could block Control Panel and Recycle Bin.
- Fixed the ‚Get Info‘ dialog to be properly displayed on a Mac OS X 10.5 Teacher.
- Resolved issue where a Mac Teacher Details View truncated student question by one character.
- Fixed bug where Student waking up from Standby was not picked up by a Teacher without a manual refresh.
- Resolved issues where students were circumventing blank screen using certain key combinations.
- Resolved issues where students were avoiding Web Limiting under some situations.
- Resolved situations where some AD secured students appear as ‚Security Locked Out‘.
- Fixed the PC Install to not apply selected Security Settings unless ‚Enable a security mode‘ box is checked.
- Fixed PC Teacher Keystroke History initial view of all keystrokes based on the selected option.
- Added correct RC option enablement for Students who are already being Remote Controlled.
- Enabled the ‚Run‘ tool bar button in the WMS 2011 plug-in.
- Corrected situations where WMS students fail to blank screen with there is a wireless student on the same channel.
- Corrected situations where Teachers console was crashing when loading dynamic class list.
- Resolved occurrences of student and teacher .dmp crashes.
- Fixed situation where class list is loaded and muted students speakers unmute.
- Resolved issues with VMware View over RDP.
- Corrected situation where PC students regain control of keyboard and mouse intermittently while being multiple remote controlled by a Mac Teacher.
- Improved display issues of the Show Teacher feature when showing Teachers of certain resolutions to Mac Students.
- Fixed situation where Mac keystroke history shows some un-displayable keystrokes.
- Improved error checking for tool bar buttons and profile loading.
- Remove the ability for the Mac teacher install to be set to channel 0.
- Improved support for ’show teacher‘ across wireless environments with Mac Teacher and Mac students when sending custom cursors.
- Resolved situations where remote control and show student does not show mouse movement by student.
- Fixed problem where extra characters were being added to questions from Students.
- Resolved Linux Student issue where blank screen messages that were changed while blanking would not display to the Student.
- 1114 Resolved an issue where an error occurred when attempting to Open Student Folder on Linux Student.
- 1118 Resolved an issue where the Student folder on Linux was named Faronics Files when it should be named Insight Files.
Version 7.62.2232.7620 (January 2012)
- Added support for Linux Students on Ubuntu 11.10.
- Added the ability to associate a profile with a Class List on a Mac Teacher (already available in Windows).
- Mac Only: Added the ability to display custom cursors (like those used in a Photoshop-type of application) on the student during a Show Teacher or Remote Control session (not available on Windows).
- The base home channel of a Student could sometimes be changed inappropriately if it was updated while loaded in a Class List.
- If a Student was at the login screen when a Blank Screen was performed by the Teacher, the Student could break out of the Blank Screen state by pressing Alt+F4. That resulted in the Student showing up as if it was still in the Blank Screen state within the Teacher console, however the Student was able to login and use the computer without being blanked.
- Added a number of keys and their translations to keystroke filter including: Pause, Esc, Insert, Delete, Scroll Lock, Num Lock, Prnt Screen, End, and Home.
- Removed the Register for Updates prompt for the Demo version of Insight.
- Prevented a busy URL in web limiting, where a student could flood the browser address bar by holding down and sending a letter key, or a combination like CTL + F4 among other methods, after entering a forbidden URL on Internet Explorer.
- Prevented a possible crash that could occur in the Teacher console when closing a Class List.
- Prevented a possible error that could occur when loading a Dynamic Class List in the PC Teacher Console while that list was already being edited by another process, like Excel.
- Prevented an error that occurred when a very long Student question was sent. It is now limited to 400 characters.
- Added a new command-line argument IgnoreRegPrompt that bypasses the Registration dialog for mass deployments.
- Allowed the Show Student screen for Labquest devices from the Teacher console.
- Prevented a possible crash in the Mac Teacher console when a very large number of Terminal Server students (> 3000) were listed.
- Prevented a problem with Students disappearing from Class Lists in the case where the network connection failed, as a timer to fully re-initialize it is now set, ensuring that within at most 3 minutes the Student will again be connected and be displayed in the list.
- While administering a test to a Student, if the student went into standby mode, the Teacher would show their status as Testing Cancelled.
- Answers are now scored correctly for those test questions which were previously of type Short Answer but were changed to T/F or Multiple Choice at some point in TestBuilder.
- Corrected the configuration setting options when a Profile was saved on a Mac Teacher.
- In primarily Terminal Server environments, Students could sometimes toggle frequently between a Not Responding and a normal connected state.
- On terminal server, task manager needed to be disabled when doing Show Video.
- Corrected a problem with passing <Alt><Tab> through to a Student machine during Remote Control.
- Added better handling of Thin Client Students, who could get into a state where the software was still active on the device, but it would not be displayed on a physical Desktop. This could allow a new Student to be discovered with that connection address, though it was already seen as belonging to a different user. This caused the console to continually re-discover students and potentially caused a student’s name to cycle between the connected and not-connected user.
- Optimized the performance of the Clear Desktop message so that it goes much more quickly to all students when the list is large.
- Corrected a problem when Student connection state information could be lost when their channel was changed in certain cases.
- On NComputing X-series devices running operating systems newer than Windows XP, the Student.exe was incorrectly running as a service, causing those devices to be listed with the incorrect machine identification and be displayed with the wrong name.
- The station identification of an NComputing L-Series device was not guaranteed to be unique for a certain segment of computers within a particular range of serial numbers.
- Corrected a problem in Class Lists in the Mac Teacher where the Teacher Name was corrupted before saving.
- Prevented a possible Mac Teacher crash while monitoring keystroke logging.
- Added input control by a Student when switching from Remote Control to Show Student in Mac Teacher.
- Prevented the view from scrolling to the top or bottom of the screen after refreshing a PC or Mac Console with many Thumbnails.
- Fixed a problem showing which Teacher has the student loaded in a class on Mac systems. Tiger does not allow hiding and showing menus, so this feature in not supported on this version of Mac OS X.
- Mac Student Web Limiting failed to properly block sites on Firefox 8.0.1.
- Mac Teacher classroom layout was not being saved correctly.
- The Become a Student option was not enabled in Mac Teacher when a Lite Student was selected.
- The Mac Teacher View menu was disabled when selecting a Lite Student.
- Enabled the Ctrl-Alt-Del option when Remote Controlling a Linux Student.
- Enabled support for Front motion version of Firefox.
- Fixed the ability to select a PKG file for Software Distribution in Mac Tech Console on Lion (OS X 10.7).
Version 7.61.2228.7610 (November 2011)
- Support for Internet Explorer x64 URL detection and web limiting for Windows.
- 1982 Insight Lite students were misrepresented as being controllable from a Teachers Assistant, but you now you get appropriate messaging that you can’t control Lite students. Lite student cannot be web or app limited, blanked, or sent a message or vote. Lite students can only be observed.
- 3017 Remote credentials were not being checked correctly when a Student was logged off and you attempted to power down the machine on windows only.
- 3019 In either a PC or Mac Teachers Console (English or French), if you select a French PC Student and choose the View User Keystroke and Application History option, when the keystrokes are displayed, they would show all of the whitespace characters (like Backspace, Enter, the cursor arrows, etc.), even when the Show All Keystrokes option is deselected.
- 3147 While remote controlling the Vernier Student, clicking on the Home menu button seemed to produce no result.
- 3238 iPad: Significant changes in the way status messages are displayed during pairing in order to make the initial pairing and student discovery more robust. Removed URL and support e-mail address from Info view in order to satisfy App Store review team for the iPad/iPhone release.
- 3265 Control was not returned to the Vernier Student when switching from Remote Control to View mode in the Teacher Console.
- 3402 Incorrectly loaded the right Chinese language we support, causing Chinese Traditional to by displayed when it should have been Chinese Simplified (CHT or CHS).
- 3431 File copy feature reported success even when a file was truncated due to a destination disk out of space condition.
- 3454 Linux: Added functions to support <ctlr-alt-del> and <alt-tab> key combinations from the teacher to the Linux student.
- 3475 When performing a Show Teacher (Full Screen) or Show Student, the screen that’s displayed on the Ubuntu Student did not block the student from opening other applications and using them.
- 3565 Linux: Changed from moving the Linux student’s mouse, to drawing a fake mouse on the screen like windows does. To do this, I needed to copy the image resize function from X11 display and store the resulting Cairo surface so we can later use that surface as a background to transparently paint / animate the cursor.
- 3628 Linux: Added a menu option to clear the last question for the Linux student.
- 3642 Linux: Added an option to change/set the multicast base address on Linux student.
- 3688 Modified the iOS headings in the toolbars where the titles were getting truncated with ellipses.
- 3711 Enhanced the Teacher to use True Machine name (in addition to a possible alias) when loading a class list based on Machine Name when a student has an alias.
- 3718 Linux: Added support for the group logon to Linux student.
- 3724 Added essay questions and answer file to iOS Testing.
- 3800 Ensured the power and security states return the correct values on Vernier LabQuest students.
- 3876 Linux: Added support for updating the Linux student channel, stealth mode, keyboard/internet/task monitoring settings during remote update from the Tech Console. Also included additional icons for displaying status in the panel application.
- 3888 Added the ability to change and save channels via the UI in the Ubuntu Student icon.
- 3893 Linux: Added an additional data type, and structure to the student status requests from that applet to store additional information like the IP address for the about box.
- 3902 Linux: Added icon switching to show web, app limiting and question states. Added functions in the student connection handler so the applet can query the student states for the Linux student.
- 3902 The Ubuntu student did not display a Web Limiting or App Limiting Icon when it’s being limited.
- 3905 Linux: Fixed the runAs to run as the current user if the specified uid is ‚0‘ for Linux student.
- 3910 Added support in Dynamic Class Lists for students who don’t have an assigned IP address when the List was generated.
- 3923 During Show Teacher to an Ubuntu student, the mouse cursor was not tracking with the teacher activity and instead was static.
- 3925 Added support in the Ubuntu student for updating and cycling through messages shown during a screen blank by the teacher.
- 3947 Testing answer files were always copied to the Testing folder instead of being included with the rest of the Test Results.
- 3951 Transferring files to a student went to C:\Insight Files regardless of the destination chosen, preventing file transfer to a secondary drive.
- 3957 On some hardware, the Student mouse cursor would pause on the screen after a thumbnail update on the Teacher.
- 3958 In Citrix environments, when connecting to a VM through RDP the Student.exe process would crash.
- 3960 Fixed a crash in the Teacher when the network changes underneath it.
- 3961 Mac Dynamic Class Lists does not work when values in the .csv file were quoted.
- 3964 Added the option for essays in the Windows test builder.
- 3965 WMS 2011 help menu contained an item named <Missing>.
- 3968 Linux: Remove the installed sqlite libraries on uninstall on Linux student.
- 3972 WMS: Show teacher’s screen windowed on terminal server can be killed by task manager on WMS.
- 3975 Mac test student won’t show an image in the first test question.
- 3976 Mac Teacher would sometimes not pair correctly with an iOS Teacher Assistant.
- 3977 The Screen feed view leaked memory after, causing a crash of the console after running it for an extended period of time.
- 3979 Provide support for licensing validation through various proxy servers.
- 3984 Japanese tests come up blank on a Mac Student if the test name contains Japanese characters.
- 3986 Modified Class Lists to treat the classId as a string rather than a number in order to handle alphanumeric class IDs.
- 3988 Added support for v13 of Chrome as it changed it’s URL’s Window Class Name breaking web limiting.
- 3993 Mac Teacher failed to collect files from a custom folder of PC Students as the first character Was being removed from the file path.
- 3994 Backslashes in file collection path of students were included in the created file name.
- 3997 Improve parsing to handle quotes with embedded commas and empty fields in .csv files for Dynamic Class Lists.
- 4011 Modified the about entry on the applet context menu in the Ubuntu student to show the product version.
- 4016 Added support for demo versions of the Ubuntu and Vernier LabQuest students
- 4017 Handle the case where a Ping response from a student takes longer than 500 ms.
- 4018 Corrected the screen clipping feature available with multi-monitor supported that was causing black boxes to be displayed on the screen.
- 4021 If a second Teacher display was to the left of the primary display, then the screen geometries would cause the Teacher screen to seem to be missing, when actually it was showing up in unavailable areas off screen.
- 4026 After using Show Teacher, some student machines would lose their task bar when the session ended until remote controlled again.
- 4027 Fixed a number of branding issues for Faronics builds of the Ubuntu student.
- 4032 Mac Teacher who becomes a student did not display web history correctly.
- 4037 When a class list is loaded, student speakers unmute if they were muted by the student rather than the teacher.
- 4038 Updated the Teacher.adm files to remove the Teacher Video Accelerator setting which is no longer needed do to the removal of the mirror driver.
- 4039 Mac Screen Feed hangs on one screen when the network connection is temporarily interrupted.
- 4041 In localized product versions, certain characters in the address path would cause the tab or browser to close when using FireFox.
- 4043 Corrected Japanese translations in several places.
- 4044 Student input was disabled after an unexpected termination of an RC session.
- 4047 Faronics Mac Teacher cannot Become A Student.
- 4055 Disabled the Browse for Students button in the Manage Class List dialog as in large environment where there are thousands of students in a school (or connected district) as the response time can be so long as to be unusable.
- 4056 Mac Book Students not showing in Class List after going to asleep.
- 4057 Even if when not domain joined, get the extended user name in order to return the renamed username on machines where the username was changed using the User Accounts control panel applet.
- 4058 Added ClassListShim Utility files to Teacher and Multipoint 2010 and 2011 installs in order to always enable the Dynamic Class List menu item.
- 4063 Prevented a mouse cursor flash that resulted from Student thumbnail acquisition in the Teacher console.
- 4064 Linux: Added handling for the MSGTYPE_PROPER_IP_ADDR from the teacher and functions to enumerate, validate, and update the internal IP address reported to the teacher to the Linux student.
- 4081 Add Alt+Tab to the Remote Control button.
- 4082 Linux: Added an option in the student.conf, and handling in main.cpp and Network.cpp for a flag useall-multicast-addrs to enable 16000 multicast addresses for use with Linux students.
- 4083 The teacher would only use the 802.11 enhanced broadcast if any selected student was wireless. If an Implied All was in use, then the teacher would revert back to broadcast/multicast.
- 4084 Mac Teacher/Student installers allow Password Secure mode option to be selected with a blank password.
- 4085 Linux: Mac Teacher crashes when attempting to load a Class List file *.LSC, which is delimited with Mac-style 0x0D line endings.
- 4087 Mac Teachers Console won’t change to channel 0.
- 4089 Replaced the ShowTeacherScreen gray border rectangles with a single gray window which is below the Show Teacher window and better handles cases where the Teacher and Student screens do not have the same resolution.
- 4093 Allow the iPad student to fail gracefully if sent corrupted test files.
- 4094 Removed a copyright Insight notice from the Faronics Ubuntu student.
- 4095 Insight Mac Teacher who becomes a student shows as being version 0.0.0.0.
- 4097 Prevent a possible teacher crash caused by receiving a bad packet that was extremely large.
- 4099 If an X series NComputing student logged out and then a new student logs back into that same machine, the new student will not show up in the console until the teacher forced a refresh of the student list.
- 4100 Main menu titles were translated in Japanese WMS in the Faronics WMS 2011 plugin.
- 4103 Added Insight directory to CommonAppDataFolder to save private key and license files (in Teacher and Tech Console) and test scores (in the Student) in this special folder.
- 4115 Cannot access Insight tab in German and French WMS 2011 – Student is launched instead of wmsTeacher.
- 4121 PowerPC students may not load in class lists
- 4130 Insight graphic is not extended over the entire background in the Faronics Insight DMG’s on Lion.
- 4143 WMS: Blank screen on Terminal Services & WMS Students is not working in some isolated cases.
- 4150 Mac: Mac Teacher IP and MAC address columns editable.
- 4152 Windows: Problems with the layout on Windows teacher not being saved correctly because we were looking at invalid coordinates when determining if the location was a valid drop spot if the computer we were comparing against hadn’t had the location saved yet.
- 4154 iPad/MacTeacher: iPad Student doesn’t show as Done taking test when the Show Test Score To Students option has been selected on Mac teacher.
- 4156 Lion only: Cannot RC Lion student whose display is asleep.
- 4161 Insight branding: The change channel applet wasn’t getting the Faronics build definition and switching the text accordingly on the Linux student.
- 4166 WMS: Duplicate students are displayed in WMS 2011 Dashboard if the Student.exe crashes on a WMS station.
- 4175 Linux: Added support for Run Program on Linux Student
- 4178 Windows: Optimize the parsing of the UI list in the Teacher console to make it both more efficient and done less often for those schools with a huge number of students.
- 4181 Mac: Color Reduction Mode causes Mac to Mac Show teacher to show Blank Black Screen.
- 4182 Mac: Unable to perform a block all in web limiting with new Firefox update on Mac.
- 4183 iPad/Windows Teacher: Faronics PC Teacher doesn’t show up in the Teacher Pairing list of an iPhone/iPad TA.
- 4189 Class Lists – Mac: Mac Teacher sending empty packets in some Class List files.
- 4196 Linux: When enabling all web browsing, make sure to reset the packet send size.
- 4202 Linux: Added checks to see if the connection handler socket was initialized correctly. If it wasn’t, we’ll retry the initialization the next time check is called.
- 4206 Windows: The second time you go into screen feed view, the console could crash due to trying to delete an invalid uninitialized object. This bug was a side effect of the fix for bug 3977.
- 4213 Mac: 188.8.131.52 Mac update takes over 2 minutes to logoff student.
- 4227 Linux: Make sure the Group Membership packet gets to all multicast groups.
- 4228 Class Lists: If a Machine Name Class List is loaded and we detect that the student has really gone away, don’t delete the student’s machine name or we will never find that student again.
- 4229 Networking: Properly zero-out the UDP receive buffer so one command can never interfere with a later one.
- 4230 New Test app: Implemented a UDP Mirror feature for Student Replicator.
- 4232 Class Lists-Mac: Browsing for students can change main list.
- 4233 Class Lists-Mac: Updating students in loaded class lists changes channel permanently.
- 4235 Mac: Mac student shows multiple alerts for Safari web limiting.
- 4238 Class Lists – Mac: Some students don’t revert ot base channel when ClassList dismissed.
- 4239 Class Lists: When discovering a ClassList student update his IPAddr in the ListView.
- 4158 4159, Linux: Added timeout checks for app/web limiting to disable both if we haven’t received a packet from the teacher after a few seconds ~20.
- If using Active Directory Security, Insight now pre-cashes a security descriptor to speed things up when a Teacher on the same domain tries to authenticate.
- When testing for initial group membership, don’t assume the domain from previous connections.
- Added the ability to store a validated teacher session for up to 3 minutes so multiple commands only require a single authentication.
- When the console was resized, Show Teacher did not always scale correctly.
- A Mac Lion student did not correctly tile the background when viewing full-screen in Screen Feed view mode.
- Changed the default machine name to use the MAC address of the LabQuest device, as this is almost always going to be unique and solves the problem where multiple labquest devices showed up as the same name on the Teacher software. The device name is now shown as the logged in user since that is always going to be root. Changing the display name on the teacher will change the saved machine name.
- Fixed broken button connection that was preventing images from zooming when touched.
- Demo versions of iOS were not interacting with Demo Insight teachers correctly.
- Added diagnostics for Technical Support for the iOS products which can be displayed by double-tapping the Insight logo.
Version 7.60.2217.7600 (August 2011)
- Administrative Enhancements
– Third-party integration with SIS vendors for class list importing i.e. PowerSchool (PC & Mac)
– Linux student Beta – Ubuntu v10 and 11 with Gnome desktop and Firefox 4 for browser only
– Mac OS X 10.7 Lion support
– Windows Multipoint Server 2011 support
– WMS Console Plug-in
– Configurable install option: Internet History Logging
- Testing Enhancements
– Secure test booklet (PC and Mac Support)
– Add student to test after it has started (PC and Mac Support)
– Test response buttons easier to access for netbook users: 400×400 resolution
- Control Enhancements
– Send/Collect folders and directories (PC and Mac Support)
– Screen Feed – Full screen thumbnail rotation (PC and Mac Support)
– Blank screen before login (PC and Mac Support)
– Close buttons on Windows to work on netbooks: 400×400 resolution
– Mac Firefox web limiting white/black listing support
– Workstations sortable by IP Address in details view
- Third-Party Device Support
– Vernier Support (Science lab device. Will be able to view its screen, blank screen and send messages.)
– Linux Students will support the following features
– Broadcast Teacher screen to students
– Broadcast student screens to other students
– Blank screens
– Remote control
– Thumbnail Monitoring
– Limit web
– Limit apps
– – Voting
– Send/Collect files
– Shutdown, Log-off, Restart
– Students questions
– Send message
– Wired and Wireless support
- 338 Resolved issue where the student had no way to answer a question if it had more than 35 lines in 1024 X 768 resolution.
- 697 Resolved issue where an overwrite warning was not displayed when overwriting an existing test result at the same location.
- 862 Resolved issue where the mirror driver was not installed if the Student was installed over the Teacher and the Student was uninstalled.
- 997 Resolved issue of an incorrect behavior when sending a file which had a size larger than the available space on Student machine.
- 1030 Resolved issue where the text was incomplete in the Spanish installer UI.
- 1101 Resolved issue where Insight student was still launched after uninstalling the student and re-logon in a Terminal Services environment.
- 1108 Resolved issue where the Send Question to Students dialog was not grayed out.
Version 7.51.2183.7500 (April 2011)
- 1083 Resolved issue where Insight did not allow access to websites with HTTPS. (Case:153-43266)
- 1085 Resolved issue where FireFox did not work and Internet Explorer crashed. (Case:153-44270)
- 1086 Resolved issue where Web Limiting was not working. (Case:153-44347)
- 1089 Resolved issue where a website caused Insight to increase CPU utilization exponentially. (Case: 121-45647)
- 1110 Resolved issue where the Voting feature in the Teacher’s assistant was not working.
- 1114 Resolved issue where Insight does not block the Chrome browser when Web Limiting is set on the Teacher Console.
- 1115 Resolved issue where the Web Limiting feature did not work on the FireFox browser.
- The PC Student was unable to log Web History in some cases.
- Web Limiting could fail with ZoneAlarm firewall on 64 bit Windows 7.
- Conflicts with the Microsoft Application Virtualization Client.
- Issues getting to the web when Insight and the Cisco Security Agent were both installed.
- Problems printing to HP 4250N when Insight Student was installed.
- The browser would hang when attempting to access certain allowed web sites if web limiting was applied.
- There was a conflict with Lightspeed proxy filter.
- Students were unable to publish documents to Microsoft Sharepoint Server.
- PC Students failed to be removed from a loaded Class List.
- Ctrl-Alt-Del keystroke was not always adequately blocked on Vista and Windows 7.
- Under rare conditions the PC Teacher could crash while web limiting.
- Remote Login would fail when the Student PC was configured to show a Logon Notice Screen before the login screen.
- In some cases, keyboard control was lost after clicking on the Windows key during a remote control session of a PC Student.
- Remote Control did not always work correctly with UAC on Windows 7.
- The Student process could be killed on an NComputing station whose host was running vSpace on Windows 7.
- The Mac Student could cause Microsoft Excel to crash.
- In the Mac Teacher console, the Clear Student Desktop menu item was improperly disabled when multiple Students were selected.
- Web Limiting did not limit Internet Explorer 7.
- Block All would shutdown Internet Explorer instead of just blocking the web traffic.
- Firefox Web History would fail to record websites with double-byte characters in the title.
- Web Limiting in Netscape would not close the browser when cancelling the prompt to close multiple tabs.
- Web Limiting in Internet Explorer could fail if the student had restricted file system rights or the NoRun group policy applied.
- Remote Controlling multiple students who were at the login screen would only control the first one.
- The Mac student could stop logging keystrokes.
- Web Limiting in Internet Explorer could fail if a standard student on Windows 7 or Vista had the Remove Run Menu from Start Menu group policy applied.
- Improved Student Monitoring
- Strengthened Teacher Control
- Enhanced Lesson Quality and Student Experience
- Mac Feature Parity
- Improved Wireless Technology
- Support for Insight iOS Apps
- 881 Resolved issue where the Padlock sign is displayed for each student screen on the Insight Teacher Console when using Insight in NComputing.
- 892 Resolved issue where Web Limiting did not work for latest version of FireFox (version 3.6).
- 894 Resolved issue where Internet Explorer failed to allow IP browsing when in Allowed Web Sites mode.
- 895 Resolved issue where Insight shows students as locked even when it was not installed as locked.
- 900 Resolved issue where updating Insight Student 7.2 from Teacher console using Update Insight on Selected Students failed if the student has been installed using setup.exe.
- 913 Resolved issue where the Insight installer skipped a page when running it for the second time to repair or uninstall.
- 925 Resolved issue where White/Black list blocking list does not properly display non-English characters in website names (Internationalized Domain Names).
- 880 Resolved issue where Insight does not uninstall when updated remotely from version 7.2 to 7.4 after launching the 7.4 installer locally.
- 881 Resolved issue where the Padlock sign is displayed for each student screen on the Insight Teacher Console when using Insight in NComputing.
- 882 Resolved issue where Ctrl+Alt+Del keyboard shortcut brings up the option screen in Windows 7 instead of the screen being blanked.
- 895 Resolved issue where Insight shows students as locked even when it was not installed as locked.
- 898 Resolved issue where the maximum number of Install Options for .adm files was 33. The number has now been changed to 31.
- 899 Resolved issue where students are displayed as locked even though no security was set in the NComputing environment.
- 906 Resolved issue where Insight failed to rediscover students after changing Specify Network Interface Card option in Administer > Preferences > Network tab.
- 913 Resolved issue where the Insight installer skipped a page when running it for the second time to repair or uninstall.
- 918 Resolved an issue with the USB limiting feature where the USB remained disabled until the next reboot.
- 920 Resolved an issue where BSOD occurred on the Terminal Server if a thin client is assigned as a teacher with erratic settings in LskTSDat.ini configuration file.
- Windows 7 support added.
- 878 Resolved issue in the Mac Teacher Console that could prevent a program from being limited if it had a space in its name.
- Mac OS X Teacher Console
- Firefox Web Limiting (Windows)
- Internet Explorer 8 support
- Activity Directory Group Membership security
- 696 Resolved issue that could cause unexpected behavior if a non-existing Teacher Profile was loaded.
- 705 Resolved issue that could cause the Console’s Enrollment messages window to overlap the toolbar in certain circumstances.
- 789 French Localization Only: Resolved some minor cosmetic issues.
- 843 Resolved issue that could cause a secure Mac student computer to remain locked if a password with special (16-bit) characters had been used.
- 856 Resolved issue that could prevent tests from displaying their associated image files in certain circumstances.
- Limit IP Address Browsing
By entering the IP address of a website (i.e. http://184.108.40.206), students were sometime able to bypass the web limiting feature.
Insight now has the option to block all web browsing via IP addresses.
- Choose Random Student
Allows the teacher to let Insight randomly select a student. The winning student is notified that they have been selected.
- Co-browse the Internet
Allows teachers to simultaneously launch a browser on all or selected student workstations and have the students view the web browser on the teacher’s computer. This feature is perfect for teachers that want to demonstrate the navigation of a website (Microsoft Internet Explorer only).
- Randomize Test Questions
Questions are now presented in a random order to prevent students from copying the answers of their neighbors. Teachers still see questions in a consistent order for progress tracking.
- Available Websites
Teachers can now implement a launch page that displays the websites that a student is allowed to browse or the websites they are not allowed to browse.
- Enhanced Web Limiting
In previous versions of Insight, if a student was browsing the web when the teacher clicked Limit Web, the student could continue to view any page they had currently loaded. This feature has been modified. Now, if a teacher clicks Limit Web, any web browsers that are open on the student machine will be redirected to the Insight Available Websites page if the website is blocked via the white or black list.
- Unlimited Internet History
Insight now prevents students from deleting their Internet Explorer browsing history. This feature is not supported on Internet Explorer 8.0.
- Auto-Refresh of Running Applications
The running applications window now automatically refreshes so that a teacher can view what applications a student is running in real-time.
- Windowed Broadcast Memory
In the past, if a student resized the teacher’s broadcast windows, that size would be lost during the next broadcast. Insight now remembers the size and position of the broadcast windows.
- Multi-Platform Voting
Teachers can now send out class votes to both Mac and Windows student workstations.
- Increased Workstation Support
In the past Insight was limited to 250 students in the thumbnail or details view. The Insight Console now supports 3000 students, however when selecting a subset of students it must not contain more than 250 students.
This further enhances the use of channel 0 so that a teacher or technician can view and control any student workstation and see all action commands from any teacher workstation on all the channels across the network. Channel 0 can not view teacher workstation’s screen; it can only see what their actions are via a live info box at the bottom of the channel 0 console.
- Teacher Profiles
Teachers can now save their console settings and customizations that they can easily load in the future. The following settings are saved in a profile: class lists, thumbnail layouts, allowed and blocked websites, allowed and blocked applications, limit task manager status, limit IP address browsing status, limit print button state, limit USB button state, limit Mute button state, and custom blank screen messages. Allows teachers to have a custom set of settings for each class they teach because each class is not always the same. Teacher profiles are also useful for teachers who share computer labs but want to control the lab in different ways.
- One-to-One Enhancements
Insight v7.3 includes several enhancements to support one-to-one schools, including class lists that automatically locate student machines and change their channel to the teacher’s channel, profiles that load according to class lists, and student notebook power level monitoring.
- 242 Resolved issue where the Teacher Console’s Status Messages window and Security utility erratically displayed Show Teacher Screen ended event after returning from Multiple Remote Control.
- 329 Resolved issue where the icons in the Status column disappeared if the column was resized and a workstation was selected.
- 473 Resolved issue where the Cancel button in the Options>Network tab unexpectedly saved the IP transmission settings (if changed), but did not change the IP transmission mode.
- 482 Resolved issue where the test did not run on a limited Student account, if the same test was sent to another user on the same Student computer. This issue occurred on Windows XP only.
- 516 Resolved issue where it was not possible to create a New Folder within a New Folder.
- 519 Resolved issue where the Test Builder created an erratic test file while opening a non-existent .lst file. This occurred when a non-existent .lst file name is entered in the File Name field through the Test Builder.
- When Insight Client was installed on workstations, the workstations disconnected from the wireless network and reconnected as soon as the Student.exe service started. This occurred because the Start/Stop control was being sent to the Zero Configuration Wireless Service.
- Support for Mac OS X: Insight Student now supports Mac OS X v10.4 and v10.5.
- Insight supports thin client, fat client and a mixture of both thin and fat clients. The following thin client environments are supported: Windows 2003 Terminal Server and NComputing. The Muting, Limit USB, and Limit Printing features are not supported on thin clients.
- Student Testing
Teachers can create up to 100 question tests that can include graphics (.jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp). The tests can then be sent out to one or more students and tracked in real-time. Teachers can optionally time the test and export the results to a .csv file.
Teachers can mute the sound on student computers.
- Allow Task Manager
By default, the Windows Task Manager is disabled to prevent students from hacking the computer. In some instances, students need access to Task Manager. The Task Manager can now be enabled via Insight.
- Toolbar Configuration
The toolbar can be customized by adding, rearranging or removing the icons.
- Student Name from Active Directory
Insight normally displays the Windows or Novell login name. Now, if the Student Display Name is available in Active Directory, it is displayed in the Login Name column.
- Insight Teacher Kiosk Mode
The Insight Teacher Console can be run in Kiosk mode. In Kiosk mode, the console cannot be minimized or closed.
- Secure Mode
Insight can be configured to require a password to access the console. This password must match the password that is entered during the secure student install. If it does not match the password that is entered during the secure student install, the student screens on that channel will appear frosted out and the rogue teacher console has no control over the students on that channel.
- Key logging will not capture passwords when in a Windows Security dialog.
- File transfer is now available from a right-click while hovering over a student workstation.
- Blank Screen Enhancements: The last 10 blank screens messages are saved and easily accessible through the arrow to the right on the blank screens button.
- When the blank screen message appears on the student computers, it is now sized to better fit the screen.
- Real-time Keystroke Monitoring : When the keystroke monitoring window is open, it refreshes automatically and shows student keystrokes in real-time. If you scroll back to view previous keystrokes, the automatic refresh is disabled until you scroll back to the bottom of the list.
- The Console’s Status Messages window and Security Utility shows duplicate messages for the Remote Control Start event.
- The Console’s Status Messages window and Security Utility unexpectedly shows three Remote Control events on starting and stopping Show Student.
- The Teacher conflict notification was displayed erratically if two Teachers have same channel number for single channel mode, but one of teachers switched to multichannel mode with channels numbers different from default single channel.
- Insight terminates when a network card is disabled when it was specified in the Console’s network settings, or when trying to configure a network card and no network card was available.
- On Windows XP Japanese, the Task Manager stays blocked after uninstalling Insight Student.
- The White/Black list of applications or web sites will be saved erratically on saving the shorter list by overwriting the existing .lsa file (White/Black list for application limiting) or .lsu file (White/Black list for URL limiting).
- The White/Black list of applications or web sites performs an erratic check for duplicate entries.
- Teacher: The student’s ability to access a USB drive can be limited through the Console. This feature does not affect the USB keyboard and mouse. This feature is only supported on Windows 2000 or higher.
- Teacher: Monitor all applications and keystrokes on a student’s computer. This feature does not capture keystrokes at the login prompt.
- Teacher: Thumbnails can now be arranged in the shape of the classroom. Each thumbnail has its own layout that is automatically saved.
- Student: Students can now type a question to the teacher through Insight. The question can be viewed by the teacher by hovering the mouse over the thumbnail or from the Last Question column in the details view.
- Teacher: Teachers can change student channels from the console. In previous versions of Insight, the only way to change the channel was to re-install Insight or run setchannel.exe. This must be enabled by an administrator with the EnableChannelSelect utility.
- Teacher: The console now has four thumbnail sizes to choose from. The smallest size allows you to see more than 80 student machines on a 15′ monitor without having to scroll.
- Teacher: A drop-down menu has been added below the Web and Application limiting buttons to make it easier to configure these features.
- The performance of the Console, Remote Control, and Thumbnails have been enhanced for greater speed and reliability.
- Teacher: The Web Limiting configuration now recognizes the wildcards ‚*‘ and ‚?‘, making it easier to limit web sites with similar URLs.
- Teacher: The Application Limiting feature has been enhanced. With this feature, students will no longer be able to rename files to get around Application Limiting.
- Teacher: The Voting Results feature has been enhanced to view how each student answered the question and export the results to a text file.
- The Power On dialog will find and add all machines to the list on a particular channel. You can now delete machines from that list.
- Teacher: It is now possible to switch between Remote Control and View Only by clicking the arrow to the right of the Control button. In previous versions, you had to stop the session to switch.
- The console’s Status Messages window and Security Utility displays the ‚Blanking Screen‘ event even if the selected screen is unblanked.
- The question mark does not clear from Teacher’s screen.
- The Insight installer deploys resource files for unsupported languages: Chinese, Italian, Portuguese.
- In the multiple choice vote, a student can vote without clicking on any of the five choices.
- The Console fails to get into Multiple Remote Control sessions if the first workstation in the multiple selection has ‚removed from class‘ status.
- The user is not allowed to type more than the limited number of characters in the ‚Blank Screen Message‘.
- Launching the ‚Show Teacher Screen‘ through the workstation’s context menu will launch the ‚Full Screen‘ session disregarding the settings specified in Options>Teacher>Show Teacher’s Screen.
- The count-down message ‚Please wait…‘ in the Demo 30-days reminder message box is not localized.
- When the screens of multiple workstations are blanked, upon selecting two or more workstations with unblanked screen, some restricted features (vote, run program, remote control, snapshot, chat and shutdown) become available.
- On some Vista Ultimate and Vista Home workstations, after removing Insight from Windows Firewall Exception list, Insight sometimes starts producing a noticeable load on the CPU.
- After launching the security.exe utility on Windows XP and Windows Vista systems with firewall enabled, a blocking message with an unknown publisher is displayed.
- On Windows Vista systems with ‚Windows Program Compatibility Assistant‘ and UAC turned on, the warning message which appears after upgrading Insight or after canceling the installation process, displays the current executable name as a publisher.
- Student: Right mouse click on student should open the Insight folder.
- Teacher: When limiting apps right now, we make it so that the students cannot run task manager.
- Student: We need to increase the speed at which we limit applications. Right now it takes a while for the application to go away.
- Teacher: Let the teacher know when another person has blocked or unblocked Internet, applications, etc.
- Teacher: If you left click on the Show Teacher system tray icon while showing the teacher screen, it should stop the Show Teacher and bring up the console. If you right click, the shortcut menu should appear and you can bring up the console that way as well. However, through the shortcut menu would not automatically stop the Show Teacher session. This will remove one mouse click from the Show/Stop teacher process.
- Student: Added code to prevent IE7 from being loaded on the student machine with browser helper objects disabled.
- Teacher: Fixed problem with channel grouping.
- Student: Improved student hardening to not allow the students to get around web blocking by quickly killing the student process and browsing before the student reloads.
- Student: Allow teachers to block taskman.exe on the student to stop them from getting around web blocking.
- Student: LskHook.dll not working correctly in Vista which would cause slow remote control.
- Teacher: Fixed problem with thumbnail view or remote control sometimes taking 5 seconds to display the view.
- Teacher: Fixed a problem with web, app, and print limiting when the teacher changes channels while limiting.
- Student: Fixed a problem with screen corruption when broadcasting the teacher screen to a student.
- Teacher: Disabled the performance option in the UI if the Insight mirror driver is not installed on the teacher machine.
- Teacher: Fixed a problem where a really long list of blocked URLs will make the student block all URLs, resulting in the browser on the student closing. We now truncate the list of blocked URLs if it is too long.
- Teacher: Fix ‘implied all’ selection to work in the case of non-responding students that haven’t been removed from the class by the teacher.
- Teacher: Fix crash when using File Send or Receive on Japanese systems.
- Setup: Setup.exe during uninstall prompts to reboot ‚to finish install‘.
- Setup: Reboot prompt dialog window of setup. exe has two buttons ‚No‘ and ‚Cancel‘ with the same functionality. Suggested to remove one redundant button.
- Student: The text in the Voting dialog window on workstation appears selected (hightlighted) for no reason. This happens only in multiple-choice mode, the true/false mode shows as expected.
- Student: Student’s application icon looks badly blurred (probably enlarged from smaller image).
- Student: In the chat mode the chat window on the Student’s workstation shows ‚Chat with Student‘. Suggested to change for ‚Chat with Teacher‘ as more appropriate.
- Student: Students could get around web blocking with the Real Player.
- Student: Enhanced student and studentdiagnostics to show last blocking teacher.
- Student: When you chat or vote the student thumbnail doesn’t update just in the area around the chat or vote dialog.
- Student: Disappearing Menus on Student machines fixed.
- Student: Printer Limiting does not work on w2k,XP, or Vista limited students.
- Teacher: On German localization in Voting dialog window ‚True/False‘ shows as ‚Wahr/Falseh‘ (which is correct), but it is abbreviated accordingly to English, showing ‚T/F‘. Must be ‚W/T‘
- Teacher: Menus have two similar items in different places: ‚Demonstrate–>Run Program on student machine…‘ and ‚Administer–>Run Program on Selected Students‘. They sound a bit different but both point to the same feature.
- Teacher: After clicking ‚NO‘ on the ‚Allow Multi-RC dialog‘ window, the RC button stays toggled down when it should not be.
- Teacher: Voting feature counts not logged-in workstation as a valid voter (included in the total of voters).
- Teacher: In Web Limit and Apps Limit Configuration tabs changing the allowed/blocked webs/apps list by loading the list from file does not make ‚Apply‘ button available – it stays grayed out.
- Teacher: ‚Run program on Student Machine‘ feature will erratically run Windows Explorer with the program folder loaded, if click OK in the ‚Run program…‘ dialog window after canceling ‚Browse–>Open‘ window.
- Teacher: In the ‚View Thumbnails‘ or Listview mode unable to switch into ‚Remote Control‘ mode by double-click on the workstation, if at least one workstation in the list has ‚Blank Screen‘ status. Don’t allow RC if any student machines are blanked.
- Teacher: Remove ‘Color Reduction’ checkbox from Student options tab since it shares the same setting with the one on the Teacher options tab.
- Teacher: Console gets ‘stuck’ when trying to show options dialog when minimized.
- Teacher: Multi remote control in ‘Selected Only’ thumbnail view controls all students.
- Teacher: Grouping lets in ungrouped channels.
- Teacher: Shapshot of Workstation, switched from Teacher using ‚Administer–>Become a student machine‘, will be shown as a black screen.
- Teacher: Make a registry key to control the refresh time, set the default time to between 1 and 2 seconds. The new registry key is at HKLM\Software\Insight\ThumbnailDelay It is a DWORD and should be between 1 and 60000 (for 1ms to 60 seconds)
- Teacher: If we detect a TCP timeout on a thumbnail refresh, go onto the next thumbnail.
- Teacher: Remove the 100 ms wait on status back from the student.
- Teacher: Snapshot mode does not remember user’s preference for the last chosen folder.
- The ’save‘ window always starts with default folder ‚My pictures‘, if ‚My Picture‘ folder renamed/deleted, then customer has put a path of destination every each time save snapshot.
- Teacher: Windows Explorer with browsed folder name, containing ‘%’, will be erratically shown in the Consoles ‚Monitor–>View Student’s Running Programs‘.
- Teacher: If a teacher has another teacher do an ‚action‘ feature on the same channel, a message should pop up.
- Teacher: 005580: In ‚Draw on Screen‘ mode, draw window title bar system buttons ‚Restore‘ and ‚Minimize‘ erratically assigned ‚window close‘ functionality. Probably, they must be removed or assigned the appropriate functionality
- Teacher: If no network available on the Console it shows notification of existing Console on the same channel and local-host address
- Teacher/Setup: 5693: This happens only on Vista and only if install Teacher second time on the different channel: the Console will run on new channel only until next reboot and then will revert to the previous channel number
- Student: 5705: Console, switched into Student using ‚Become student machine‘, will be set to the wrong channel, if it was running in the multi-channel mode
- Printer blocking
Allow teacher to disable printing on selected student machines
- One-to-One enhancements
Allow teacher to move between different classrooms while keeping class lists organized and updated in real time. One to One also allows the student machine to join other classrooms by changing to a different teacher channel without restarting
- Increase the allowed channels from 255 to 16,000
- Japanese localization added
- Teacher: Refresh thumbnails quickly after teacher state change to improve performance
- Set initial directory to ‘My Documents’ when loading or saving Application or Web Lists
- Student: Prevent ActiveX port blocker from disabling student
- Teacher: When you remote control, switch views, etc., pause the thumbnail view, don’t destroy it and restart it every time
- Teacher: Retrieve thumbnails from the student on a background thread
- Student: Changed the teacher broadcast window to support high color for improved clarity
- Student: Changed the teacher broadcast window to reflect the aspect ratio of the broadcasting teacher machine, and force that aspect ratio when resizing the window
- Teacher / Student: Added option to the send message dialog to force the student to read the message. Messages with this flag set are displaying using a message box on the student machine rather than the tray notification window
- Teacher: Update and show the location of the student cursor on the teacher machine while remote controlling
- Teacher: Add ‘Draw on Screen’ to the Show Teacher toolbar button’s context menu
- Teacher: Add ‘Send Ctrl-Alt-Del’ to the Remote Control toolbar button’s context menu
- Teacher: Display the student machine and login name on the status bar when remote controlling, viewing, chatting, or showing student screen
- Teacher: Add menu option to the ‘View All’ toolbar button’s context menu allowing the teacher to turn off the magnifying thumbnails
- SetChannel: SetChannel.exe will stop student and not restart it if student does not have administrative rights
- Teacher: When viewing thumbnails, if you quickly change the selection, lines paint incorrectly in the view
- Teacher: Leaking process handles when in thumbnail view
- Teacher / Student: Web Limiting not always working. Remove trailing slash from URLs.
- Teacher / Student: Web Limiting allows FireFox browsing.
- Teacher: Changed selection indicator in thumbnail view from white to red in order to make it more obvious when students are selected.
- Teacher: Allow implied select-all to work even if there are ‘removed’ students in the list.
- Teacher: Disabled ‘blank screen’ and ‘show teacher’ from main and tray menu if the teacher is remote controlling.
- Setup: Only allow uninstall option in setup if the product is installed.
- Teacher: Disable ‘Blank Screen’ and ‘Show Teacher Screen’ from the tray menu when broadcasting a student screen.
- Teacher: Disable ‘Show Teacher Screen’ ‘Stop showing teacher screen’ and ‘draw on screen’ from console main menu when broadcasting a student screen.
- Teacher: Ignore votes coming back from non-selected students, and add those students to the exception list so they will quit responding to the vote request.
- Teacher (French): Fixed incorrect application title.
- Teacher: Remember previous button state when enabling / disabling the thumbnail button so ‘refresh’ and change selection doesn’t clear the toggled state.
- Teacher: Update the Total Student count in the status bar when powering off or rebooting students.
- Teacher: If ‚My Pictures‘ doesn’t exist on a machine, remember the last saved location for screen snapshots.
- Teacher: Fixed all ‘Browse’ dialogs in Windows 98.
- Teacher: Wrap toolbar text all non-English languages to fit 1024×768 screens.
- Teacher: Remove ‚open as read only‘ when browsing for files to transfer to student.
- Teacher: Added ‘Selected Students: n’ to the status bar.
- Student: Fixed Reboot fault.
- Student: Auto-scroll to the last message in the chat window in Windows 98.
- Student: Prevent student tampering of registry by saving and restoring the Insight root key if it has been changed.
- Setup: Disable ‘Cancel’ button after setup completes.
- Setup: Fixed both radio buttons being ‚on‘ while choosing setup action type.
- Setup: Fixed the language detection code to handle minor locale differences and still load the major locale language.
- Setup: Firewall not properly configured for Insight on a Vista machine.
- Student: Fixed a crash in student when sending thumbnails to teachers.
- Student: Fixed a crash in student when shutting down while sending thumbnails to teacher.
- Teacher: Fixed a problem with the thumbnails images flashing when they update.
- Teacher: Control key getting ‘stuck’ down during a remote control session.
- Student: Windows timer causes network to reconfigure every second.
- Student: Not always auto-detecting non-English student language correctly.
- Student: Tray menus and notification messages always displaying English.
- Teacher: Fixed problem when specifying a Subnet.
- Teacher: Unallowed option ‚Show Teacher Screen‘ is available in the ‚Remote control‘ mode which makes the program crashing upon choosing it.
- Teacher: Voting dialog window on the teacher’s console is not a modal, allowing to choose other console’s features while in the voting mode. Some of other chosen features, while in the Voting mode, will crash the program.
- Teacher: Sending voting message to all students in the list with some of them ‚removed from class‘ status, counts removed students as voters, including them in total of voters, but does not actually send a voting message to them.
- Teacher: Updating workstation from the teacher’s console does not work. (Tested with Firewall set off wherever it was).
- Teacher: ‚Update Insight on Selected Students‘ doesn’t work for Vista students.
- Setup: Student’s MSI-file has failed to deploy on all Vista-systems
- Setup: EXE-installer does not perform check for previous installations made by MSIinstaller. This makes possible to install second Teacher or second Student on the same system or have them both.
- Teacher: All of the student thumbnails appear with the words ‚removed from class‘.
- Teacher: If you remove a student from class, you can never add them back again.
- Teacher: Select two thumbnails, multi-remote control, controls all computers, not just the two.
- All: On Win2K switching system locale does not affect the GUI language.
- Setup: MSI does not check for previous installations.
- Setup: Student, installed with MSI, can be removed from Windows ‚Add/Remove Program‘ list. However the console continues to start, but neither EXE nor MSI can uninstall it any more.
- Setup: ADM file can’t set student channel.
- Student: When you run www.pbskids.org or www.starfall.com and click on a link, the pages don’t load properly. It appears that the flash doesn’t run.
- Student: ‚Send Ctrl-Alt-Del‘ feature does not work while remote controlling Win98, WinMe and Vista student machines.
- Student: If you change the default path for the Insight files directory, then supdate is left behind after a push install of the client.
- Teacher: When scrolling to the bottom of the thumbnail view, the lower thumbnails paint incorrectly.
- Teacher: In thumbnail view, hit F5 to refresh, the thumbnails will sometimes get stuck on updating, click anywhere in the grey area and they will immediately show up.
- Teacher: Sorting is broken in the thumbnail view
- Teacher: Slow thumbnail acquisition
- Teacher: IE6 Internet History is blank
- Teacher: ‘Best Fit’ causes the thumbnails to paint incorrectly.
- Teacher: Limit Web and Limit Application status icons in the thumbnail view should refresh in the order selected rather than waiting until the next refresh sweep.
- Teacher: Sort thumbnails by machine name (by default).
- Utilities: EnableChannelSelect utility works only first time after rebooting, but does not make changes, when use it again (but notifies about changes done).To apply it 2nd time(for example, set it back to previous), it requires to reboot the system(or restart service).
- Student, installed with MSI, can be removed from Windows ‚Add/Remove Program‘ list. However Student continues to start, but neither EXE nor MSI can uninstall it any more.
- Student: Improved Student Hardening (both student service and browser helper object).
- Teacher: Several Thumbnail View optimizations.
- Setup: Setup.exe cannot uninstall Insight if it was originally installed using the .MSI installer.
- Setup: Setup.exe does not check to see if Insight was already installed via the MSI installer.
- Teacher: ‚Send Ctrl-Alt-Del‘ feature does not work while remote controlling Win98, WinMe and Vista student machines.
- Teacher: Auto-refresh isn’t working in thumbnail view.
- Teacher: Thumbnail view slows down significantly if you are showing the web icons in thumbnails and the student accesses an invalid web site.
- Teacher: Display error message when we cannot communicate with the back-end server while checking for product updates.
- Teacher: Right edge of the thumbnail view is not painting properly when running on multi-monitor systems where the secondary monitor resolution is greater than the primary monitor resolution.
- Teacher: If we have selected individual machines and limited them (App, Web, or Print Limiting), if we shutdown all of the selected machines from the teacher console, clear the limiting state for the UI.
- Teacher: When switching a teacher to a student machine, the machine was not reverting back to teacher correctly after the student logs off.
- Setup: Require MSI Installer v3.0 to resolve some Microsoft bugs with uninstalling MSI packages.
- Teacher: Fixed a problem with some machines never updating their thumbnail image. They would get stuck saying ‘updating’. This had to do with a problem when we would retrieve their last URL if it was larger than we expected.
- Teacher: Fixed a problem with selecting machines while in thumbnail view. When selecting machines, sometimes it would appear that a machine that was just selected would unselect itself and then reselect itself a second later.
- Teacher: Fixed a problem with left and right edges of the remote control window flickering while remote controlling a student machine.
- Teacher: Fixed paint and window placement issues when showing the status window while in the thumbnail view.
- Teacher: Fixed a painting problem in thumbnail view when viewing the console on a large secondary display.
- Teacher: In the ‘Remote Run’ dialog, set the OK button the default button and preselect the text in the edit control.
- Teacher: Fixed a painting problem in thumbnail view where sometimes the student name would display the new name on top of the previous name.
- Teacher: Refresh thumbnails quickly after teacher state change to improve performance
- Initial support for German (no .pdf documents yet)
- Initial support for French (no .pdf documents yet)
- Initial support for Italian (no .pdf documents yet)
- Initial support for Spanish (no .pdf documents yet)
- Teacher: Allow implied select-all to work even if there are removed students in the list
- Teacher: Disabled blank screen and show teacher from main and tray menu if the teacher is remote controlling
- Setup: Only allow uninstall option in setup if the product is installed
- Setup: Make license edit control read-only in setup
- Setup: Only install a single copy of the users .pdf file
- Setup: Remove the correct user .pdf on uninstall