With Deep Freeze Server, a simple restart is all it takes to restore your server from such disruptive incidents, keeping your business running smoothly.
Deep Freeze ensures 100% server recovery with every restart. Customers report an average reduction of 63% in IT tickets.
Reduced server downtime means increased IT productivity.
Provide administrators with unrestricted access while preventing permanent configuration changes.
Avoid the necessity of adopting restrictive defense or reactionary approaches for maintaining security.
Prevent servers from straying from their baseline configurations.
Eliminate degradation issues which lead to servers slowing down over time.
Deep Freeze provides a simple and effective way to clear all malicious changes to your server, including zero-day threats.
Deep Freeze removes all software installed without your authorization with a single reboot, helping your organization achieve license compliance.
Our system restore software ensures 100% server recovery with every restart, so you can watch that mountain of support tickets shrink. Customers report an average reduction of 63%. You can also forget about accidental configuration changes, malicious software, and operating system degradation.
Server downtime means reduced productivity and increased help desk calls. Deep Freeze guarantees that expensive server assets are kept running at 100%, ensuring uptime and productivity while drastically reducing support costs for server problems.
The non-restrictive, reboot-to-restore concept involves technology that allows administrators unrestricted, available, and perfectly functioning servers, whose desired configuration is always restored upon reboot. Therefore, IT staff does not need to spend valuable time rebuilding or re-imaging servers.
Locking down servers in order to secure them isn’t ideal from an administrator’s standpoint, while a reactionary security maintenance approach like rebuilding or reimaging servers is time consuming. On the other hand, Deep Freeze offers the ability to standardize server configurations, which are completely restored on restart, thereby eliminating all software related issues.
By restoring servers to their initial desired state with a single reboot, Faronics Deep Freeze prevents them from straying from their baseline configurations. However, administrators can carry on working as usual and still save any necessary documents, media and data.
By restoring servers to a pristine desired configuration upon reboot, Deep Freeze eliminates degradation issues which lead to servers slowing down over time. This means a longer life for your servers and a reduction in costs associated with upgrading them.
Zero day threats exploit previously unknown vulnerabilities and can be near impossible to detect with an antivirus solution. Deep Freeze provides simple, yet effective protection against zero-day threats as a reboot would clear out any malicious software, including zero-day threats.
Your IT personnel may inadvertently install unlicensed or unauthorized software. By using Deep Freeze, such unlicensed or unauthorized software can be removed with a single reboot, helping your organization achieve license compliance.
It’s easy to say just how easy Deep Freeze can make your life, but you’re probably asking how exactly it will do that. It’s simple, just like this!
- Secure the Master Boot Record (MBR)
- Encrypt all components with a unique Customization Code
- Preset multiple passwords to be used on a server or via the Command Line Control with varying activation and expiration dates
- Generate encrypted One Time or One Day Passwords
- Disable keyboard and mouse during Thawed Periods or on demand
- Boot Control window provides ability for immediate reboot
- Use Stealth Mode to hide the Deep Freeze Server system tray icon
- Customized configuration makes setting up Deep Freeze Server for your environment a breeze.
- Create customized installation files using the Configuration Administrator
- Pre-select Frozen Drives and selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed drives
- Schedule automatic Restart/Shutdown times
- Restart server on Logoff
- Shutdown servers after a preset length of inactivity
- Automate Windows Update installation and detect when installation is complete to reboot Frozen or shutdown
- Schedule multiple Thawed Periods to perform Windows updates (through the Internet or WSUS) or run a custom batch file to update other software
- Create up to eight ThawSpaces on a server that can be used to store programs, save files, or make permanent changes
- Specify the size of the ThawSpace and host drive
- Cache Windows updates by downloading updates even when in Frozen state
- Schedule restart, shutdown, Wake-On-LAN, Freeze, Thaw, and Thaw Locked tasks dynamically to take place once or regularly
- Change server task schedules on the fly
- Manage servers easily with User Defined Groups
- Quickly populate multiple groups or sub-groups with smart automatic filters or import groups from Active Directory
- Update all pre-existing installation files automatically
- Invoke system maintenance on demand with “Thaw Locked” mode
- Launch RDP and VNC sessions through the Deep Freeze Console
- Create customized Enterprise Consoles with tailored features
- Remotely deploy, execute, and control software on servers
- With Faronics Core keep scheduled actions “active” to ensure updates on offline servers
- With Faronics Core manage servers with dynamic groups, perform actions on server groups, view server activity status, and remotely wake-up offline servers via the web
- Offers silent install option for rapid network deployment
- Provides option to deploy on multiple servers as part of a master image
- Deep Freeze Command Line Control Utility for remote management
- Integrate Deep Freeze protection into any desktop management solution capable of executing command line control
- Create, edit download, and share XML-based Deep Freeze Action Files to interact with other programs via the Enterprise Console
- Communicate with servers over a LAN, WAN, or combination
- Support for multiple ports and automatically authorizing them
- Seamless malware definitions on servers protected in a Frozen state with Faronics Anti-Virus
- Malware definitions for other anti-virus solutions can be easily retained through use of Thawed Periods
- Integration with Faronics Anti-Executable and Faronics Power Save to detect Deep Freeze Thawed Periods
- Guarantees 100% server recovery upon restart
- Provides password protection and complete security
- Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
- Supports multi-boot environments
- Compatible with Fast User Switching
- Supports SSD, SCSI, ATA, SATA, and IDE hard drives
- Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, basic and dynamic disks
- Compatible with NComputing solutions
- Localized in six languages
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003
- WWindows Server 2003 R2
Hard Drive Space
10% free space required
- The Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator and Enterprise Console are supported on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2 (32 & 64 bit) and Server 2012.
- The hardware requirements are the same as the recommended requirements for the host operating system.
Philadelphia FIGHT (FIGHT) is a non-profit organization designed to improve the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS. Its Critical Path Project to provide digital literacy in the most vulnerable neighborhoods has a very small Information Technology staff to manage all the machines across all their centers. A high volume of support tickets across their centers would simply be unmanageable for a team of this size. Faronics Deep Freeze helped to provide the community of Philadelphia with a positive computing experience, free from malware, configuration changes, and computer downtime, with minimal support staff.
“I can’t imagine a public computer center or public library not running Faronics Deep Freeze & WINSelect.”
Manager of Information Systems
Freedom First’s IT department was searching for ways to minimize the lost IT and employee productivity that occurred when their endpoint computers were compromised. They had no way to determine that a machine was compromised until after the problem occurred and required troubleshooting. PCs that did require a rebuild were often unavailable for several hours and required reimaging. Since Deep Freeze was implemented, IT simply reboots the workstations every evening to eradicate any possible issues.
"Deep Freeze has really simplified our lives. Now, there are two choices for each malfunctioning workstation: it’s a hardware problem, or we simply need to reboot."
Ballston Spa Central School District was facing a plethora of IT infrastructure issues - system errors, blue screens of death and busted DVD drives. Staff would rebuild and reimage computers weekly and their anti-virus efforts came with a price to network and system performance. Faronics Deep Freeze gave Ballston Spa Central School District an alternative to computer imaging that worked seamlessly with a network-efficient anti-virus solution.
“Faronics Anti-Virus and Deep Freeze have simplifed our job and allowed us to focus on other critical projects.”
Coordinator of Technical Support Services
For an overview of how Deep Freeze could benefit your industry, please select an industry below.
Deep Freeze is designed to work on almost any existing computer system, so you’ll never need to upgrade your hardware. Whether it’s a stationary library or lab computer, or a student’s laptop, or even a laptop on a laptop cart, Deep Freeze ensures that these can quickly recover from a system crash, so you can focus on your core activity of imparting education.
Designed to Work On:
- Lab Computers
- Library Computers
- Student Laptops
- Laptops on Laptop Carts
- Thin Clients with Citrix, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.
- And more!
View product page