- Regain control of your classroom with Faronics Insight. Now you can monitor all user activity from the convenience of your own workstation. Forget about trying to fight distractions. Simply remove them with the ability to limit Web, applications, print, and drives. Getting classes started is a challenge everywhere. With the ability to blank student screens and lock keyboards/mice, you can command attention the second the bell rings.
- Promote collaboration and deliver an interactive lesson that keeps students engaged. Using the audio, chat, and broadcast features, you can communicate in new ways. Sharing your screen or a student’s screen with the rest of the class gives students a hands-on learning experience. Involving students in decision-making is easy with the quick voting tool, and you can replace the traditional clicker system to get a quick pulse on student understanding.
- Central management is made possible with the new free Tech Console. Now you can eliminate the headache of managing multiple labs, schools, and networks. It’s easy to provide remote support to teachers and students alike, so you can minimize lesson disruptions and help classrooms out even in another building. It includes many basic desktop management tools that help you stay on top of inventory, assets, software updates, security, and even control Faronics Deep Freeze. Life just got a lot easier.
Faronics Insight works with any combination of computers running Windows 2000, Windows XP-32, Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/ 64-bit), Windows 2003 and 2008 Terminal Server, Windows MultiPoint Server, NComputing X, L, U and M-Series, and Mac OS X (10.4 and higher)., iOS4 on iPads, iPods, and iPhones, and Android v2.3.3 and higher. The Mac teacher console requires an Intel processor running Mac OS X 10.5 or higher. Linux Ubuntu (32/64-bit) v10 and v11. Insight is optimized for 800×600, 1024×768, and 1280×1024 screen resolutions.
Faronics Insight puts teachers back in control of the classroom. Using the simple Teacher Console, you can eliminate distractions from surfing the web to online gaming. Sometimes it’s difficult to know that students are actually working on the lesson. Now you can be confident students are on-task thanks to handy monitoring features like the ability to randomly rotate through student screens and project them to the front of the class.
Engaging students has never been easier. Insight promotes interactive learning with broadcasting and sharing features. The built-in chat allows teachers and students to have one-on-one conversations without disrupting the rest of the class. Getting lost students back on track is quick with the remote control features. Planning the perfect learning pace is possible with the testing and voting features that help you gauge student understanding.
Managing a network of labs with so many computers can sometimes be overwhelming. Thanks to the handy Tech Console, IT professionals can provide remote support to teachers and students alike. Loaded with basic desktop management features, it helps IT to schedule tasks remotely that used to be performed on-site. It also helps IT to monitor security risks, keep machines up-to date, report on technology usage, and even control Faronics Deep Freeze.
- Easing the Burden of Monitoring Students
The teachers at the Bangor Township Schools were struggling to monitor student activities. It was easy to see what students were working on when standing over their shoulder, but it was impossible to stand behind every student at once. After installing Faronics Insight in their five schools, teachers are enjoying full control and better student attention. As an added bonus, Insight helped teachers to create a more interactive learning experience by communicating in new ways. And the best part is that even with 150 workstations, there was no sign of network congestion.
Read the complete case study»
- Keeping Students Focused on Learning
Instructors at Lewis & Clark Community College found themselves wasting too much time trying to manage distractions. They also realized that some students were too shy to disrupt the class by asking for help, creating gaps in understanding. The decision to deploy Insight campus-wide on over 2000 machines made a world of difference. Now computers are being used productively and students are focused on learning. Instructors find Insight easy-to-use and they love that classroom distractions are kept to a minimum.
Read the complete case study»
- Connecting with Teachers and Peers
Keeping public access computers up and running was a difficult task at Oklahoma City University. Teachers needed a better way to communicate with students other than visiting each individual workstation. After seeing how simple and effective Insight was at controlling distractions, they installed it immediately. It allows instructors to educate, assist, monitor, and communicate with an entire class from one central computer and, as a result many classroom distractions became a thing of the past.
Read the complete case study»
Featured ResourceGetting the most out of your classroom
In this webinar we'll discuss how classroom management solutions like Faronics Insight put teachers back in control of the classroom and boost student engagement. Computer-aided learning is an integral part of today's schools, yet it introduces a variety of challenges. From surfing the web to online gaming, student distractions are endless.
- Webinar: How to Harness Technology in the Classroom
- Webinar: Improving Student Achievement With Faronics Insi...
- Webinar: Technology in the classroom...without the headac...
- Webinar: Insight 7.7 now with Free Tech Console
Managing a computer-based learning environment can be extremely difficult for IT Administrators. From providing support in-class to maintaining computers in every classroom, it’s tough to be in so many places at one time. But not anymore! With the addition of the new free Tech Console in Insight 7.7, IT professionals can do more with less. Now administrators are reclaiming lost time by providing remote support to teachers and students, while also performing common desktop management tasks without even leaving their desks.
With the Tech Console, you can:
Featured ResourceI.T. Friendly Classroom Management with Insight
Insight empowers instructors with the ability to educate, assist, monitor, and communicate with an entire computer lab from one central computer. Want to be a teaching rockstar? Check out this video!
- Computer Lab Management Made Easy with Insight
- Faronics Insight [Tutorial]