SkyWest needed a solution that could help them remotely manage 700 computers and performance maintenance easily. Although majority of the computers were used on mobile carts by the repair and maintenance personnel, they were also used in training labs and kiosk sites across multiple locations. Download the full case study to discover how Faronics Deep Freeze benefited SkyWest.http://www.faronics.com/document-library/document/faronics-deep-freeze-skywest-airlines/
Deep Freeze 7.7 focuses on enhancing configuration management and incorporating Faronics Anti-Virus control into the Enterprise Console. To download Deep Freeze 7.7, please go to www.faronics.com/deepfreeze77.http://www.faronics.com/document-library/document/introducing-deep-freeze-7-7/
Use the complementary Faronics Data Igloo application to retain application data such as new virus definitions updates, scan history, configuration of antivirus and other data on Frozen computer.http://www.faronics.com/document-library/document/retaining-application-data-with-data-igloo-ms-essentials-example/
Version 2.1 (April 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.1
- Support for Windows Server 2003, 2008, or 2012
Version 2.0 (April 2013)
- Support for Windows 8.
- Full Command line support for all Data Igloo functionality.
- Ability to install, upgrade, and uninstall silently.
- Allow subfolders of Program Files and Windows to be redirected to a Thawed location.
- Recognizes the Maintenance Status from Deep Freeze 7.4 and higher.
- Improved the mechanism of handling registry key redirection.
Version 1.31 (December 2010)
Pre-scan Files and Folders
- Folders, including subdirectories and files are scanned for insufficient permissions prior to User Profile Redirection and Folder Redirection.
- Scan Progress dialogue provides status of scan.
- Insufficient Permissions dialogue details files and folders that do not have read permissions or are locked by a process.
Migrate security permissions
- Optionally retain folder and file NTFS permissions during User Profile and Folder Redirection.
- Optionally reflect share permissions to the newly redirected folder.
Improved Error Handling
- Proactively identifying error conditions such as locked files prior to redirecting data.
- Revised error messages that provide more detail and possible resolution.
- Error messages also links to the detailed Log File for further troubleshooting.
Log File improvements
- Moved log entries from the Windows Application Event Logs to Data Igloo Log File.
- Now lists detailed file/folder permissions if redirection fails.
- Now lists the locked file name if redirection fails (32-bit OS only).
- Workflow improvements when Redirect Newly Created User http://www.faronics.com/document-library/document/faronics-data-igloo-feature-history/