We Are Hiring
As an equal opportunity employer, Faronics is always looking for bright, talented, and ambitious people to join our Vancouver-based team. We offer a warm and friendly environment where employees are encouraged to develop and present their own ideas.
Post Date: June 24th, 2016
Duration: Full Time
We are looking for an senior software engineer with solid experience in building applications for the Mac OS platform. You will be responsible for all aspects of designing and developing solutions at both the kernel and application level. You will be part of a small team where team work and creativity is encouraged. The position offers large scope variety and direct involvement with complex, innovative technology.
You will be working on Deep Freeze Mac, Power Save Mac, and other new Mac products we have on the roadmap. Deep Freeze is our flagship solution used by over 30,000 customers, the Mac product specifically is used by some of the world’s largest retail stores and education institutions.
Faronics is a 20-years-old established software company with an excellent track record for developing customer-centric products that IT Administrators fall in love with. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, on top of Pacific Centre.
- 5 years of software development experience in Mac OS environment
- Proven project management experience and managing small teams
- Experienced in Objective-C, C/C++, OS X Frameworks (Foundation, AppKit), and Auto Layout, proven track record of designing and building applications for OS X.
- Experience in TCP/IP networking, multi process/thread programming
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining user-facing OS X applications
- Passion for delivering a seamless user experience and a keen eye for details
- Familiarity with modern cloud and web architecture
- Ability to work on individual assignments and as part of a small team with strong focus on timely delivery and quality
- Ability to interface with offshore development and QA teams as necessary
- Capable of switching focus in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
- Flexible with project assignments and comfortable working with Windows technology when necessary
- Windows programming experience is a plus
- iOS programming experience is a plus
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience developing software in a market driven environment
- Demonstrated track record of commitment, initiative, and dedication to delivering successful products within the agreed-upon project schedule