It’s the day after Labor Day. You may be thinking about what to wear tomorrow, now that all of your white clothes are passé. But when it comes to your computer can you afford to be picky?
Application whitelisting is the one white thing you can’t be without—all year round. Below are the top 5 reasons why you should invest in an application whitesliting solution.
- Endpoint Security. Blacklisting anti-virus solutions aren’t enough to combat today’s malware threats. Why? Blacklisting is reactionary and can’t fight against zero day and targeted attacks. Whitelisting reduces the chances of running malicious, unwanted, and vulnerable applications.
- Employee Producitvity: Are your employees wasting time playing games and chatting? By limiting the applications that run, your staff can focus their time on their job.
- Software Compliance: Figuring out what’s installed where it’s installed on each computer can give even a verteran IT staff a headache. And it’s even tougher in larger enterprises. With application whitelisting only management-approved software is allowed to be installed. Simple as that, making IT staff happy! Management are too since they don’t have to worry about a visit from the Business Software Alliance.
- Regulatory Compliance: Worried about that next audit? Compliance with industry and government standards is increasing. Whitelisting only allows authorized devices and software to run. This helps with acts like HIPPA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Reduced IT Support: IT support tickets are decreased since only whitelisted software needs to be supported.
See, you can wear white after labor day! In fact, wear it all year round!