It’s that time of year again. Sure you could opt for a boring costume like a super-hero…. but we know you IT people understand the value of making a scene. Here are six costume ideas to help you make a memorable entrance to your Halloween party:
- Software pirate: Put on a trench coat and line it with burnt install discs. Or go classic with a captain’s hat, scarf and puffy shirt. Trade software for candy, other goodies, or good old fashioned cash – who knows you could make a profit this Halloween.
- Duqu: Pull out that Stuxnet costume from last year and give it a makeover! Make it even scarier and refer to Stuxnet as your father. Initiate conversations about stealing nuclear weapon secrets.
- BlackBerry: Suit up in your business gear and get ready to practice your moonwalking skills. You will be doing lots of back peddling in this costume. Don’t forget to give out lots of free apps!
- Application Whitelisting: You always wanted to be a bouncer? Here’s your chance. You get to man the door and decide who is allowed in to the party and who isn’t. If they aren’t on your list, they don’t get access to the party. Wear your tightest bouncer-esque undershirt and make sure to rough up that dude dressed as Duqu. Don’t forget to let the pretty girls in!
- Windows Vista: Wear layers and layers of bling and start peeling them off as the night goes on. By the end of the party, and likely after a few too many users, you will eventually crash.
- Siri: Put on your personal assistant attire and have some attitude. Walk around asking everyone “what can I help you with?” and respond with “I’m sorry, I don’t understand *their answer*. Search the web?”