Copyright © 1996 – Faronics Corporation All Rights Reserved
All personal information held or collected by Faronics is protected by either the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) or the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act (the “PIPA”). “Personal information” means all information about an identifiable individual.
Collection of Personal Informationv
Faronics will only collect personal information for the following reasons:
- to develop, manage and deliver our products and the Services to our customers;
- to contact our customers, either directly or through one of our resellers, to offer them the option to renew the Services;
- to contact our customers directly about products and services that may be of interest;
- to ensure high standards of service to customers;
- to contact customers with product and service updates, upgrades and enhancements;
- to meet regulatory requirements; and
- to verify a customer’s identity.
Faronics will try to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless authorized by that individual to collect it from a third party or as otherwise permitted by law. We will only collect personal information through lawful methods and we will not collect information indiscriminately.
Faronics’s products and services help simplify computer management and our products are designed to help protect your privacy. Using our cloud agent, our services allow your computer to call into our secure cloud console on a regular basis and transmit to our servers certain information relating to your computer (including IP address, computer name, user name, list of hardware and installed software). With your consent and participation, certain of our products may also collect additional asset-related information for certain other purposes designated by you, such as hardware/software inventory, lease management, PC migration and software license compliance.
Faronics may monitor Website usage and traffic patterns in order to optimize our Website design and content.
Faronics’s Website may contain links to third party sites and we recommend and encourage you to read the privacy policies posted on the third party sites. Faronics is not responsible for the privacy policies of any third party.
Use, Disclosure and Retention
Faronics will only use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or as required or permitted by law. We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- To a member of our group, holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Direct contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event (whether perspective or actual) of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Faronics’s assets, in which case personal information held by Faronics’s about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the (prospective) buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Faronics, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Faronics will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required for legal or business purposes. Any personal information you provide to us will be destroyed, deleted or made anonymous once your account has been inactive for two years.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Faronics takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that all personal information under our control is properly safeguarded against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, duplication or modification. We use security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, which may include electronic security measures such as access control systems, passwords and encryption software.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Requests for Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You have the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in your personal information. Faronics’s Privacy Officer will assist you with your request. This includes:
- Identification of personal information under Faronics’s custody or control.
- Information about how your personal information may be or has been used by Faronics.
- The names of any individuals and organizations to which your personal information has been disclosed by Faronics.
We will respond to written requests (which may be made by fax or email) within thirty (30) days of receiving such request. If Faronics cannot provide a copy of your personal information, you will be provided with a response in writing that documents the reason for refusal.
Accountability and Responsibility
If the Faronics Privacy Officer is unable to address your concerns, the issue may be escalated to the office of the CEO. At any point, you may also contact the BC Privacy Commissioner.