We’re happy to announce the release of Faronics Insight 8.0. We have boosted the performance of Insight and focused on enhancements for e-Safety, Chromebooks, and Android enhancements.
This release includes vast performance enhancements allowing Thumbnails, Show Teacher/Student and Remote Control to be up to 8X faster.
With the performance boosts, Insight gets more cool features:
- Turbo Mode – See up to 800% performance increase with 6-10 frames per second with the new Turbo mode.
- Image Quality – Ability to select performance based on speed vs. image quality. With new Turtle mode, Rabbit mode and Cheetah mode to set the desired speed vs. image quality.
- Draw on Screen – Allow the Teacher to draw with a red pen on the screen with enhanced usability.
- Active Display – Ability to select a single monitor, or multiple monitors to be displayed during the show session.
The thumbnail monitoring feature now uses half the amount of data compared with previous editions resulting in lower bandwidth usage overall. The Show Teacher and Student screen is approximately 400% faster with 4-6 fps and gets up to 800% performance increase with 6-10 frames per second with the new Turbo mode. You can also Remote Control using similar performance results like the Show screen feature.
This version also includes major improvements to the Reporting Server with a focus on e-Safety.
The brand new report server allows you to record and analyze technology utilization with reports such as website visits or application usage by a student or computer. In addition, it lets you monitor safety within the environment with Banned Words\Keystroke alerts. It sends a snapshot to the teacher console when a banned word event is triggered by an Insight student. The e-Safety integration with Insight Report Server gives a centralized perspective on events in the Insight environment.
Chromebook Student Enhancements
While customers are loving our 18+ existing Chromebook features (including thumbnail monitoring, blank screen, show teacher/student, and website limiting), we are committed to further enhancing our offering. New enhancements include:
- Battery and Power Status information in the Teachers Console.
- Ability to select random Insight Student.
- Enhanced security with Password Secure mode.
- Trial\Demo mode option for evaluating customers.
Android Student Enhancements
The Insight Student for Android has been completely overhauled with one of our best breakthroughs – the ability to monitor student activity even when they are outside our app! Enhancements include:
- Thumbnail monitoring even outside of the Insight student application.
- New Blank screen and Chat feature for better control.
- Newly redesigned Student interface for enhanced usability.
- Ability to sign-in with the Google profile to allow Insight to use the student’s login name.
- Optimized app to work with Android 7.0 Nougat.