For IT Staff:
- Keep the port ‘7725’ open on the network for Deep Freeze client communications. (On both, TCP and UDP protocols)
- Documenting ‘Customisation code’ safely, in case of console machine crashing.
- Do not initiate ‘Windows updates’ while the machine is frozen.
- Do not interrupt maintenance mode of Deep Freeze.
- Always Keep keyboard and mouse locked during maintenance mode.
- Do not treat Deep Freeze as an Antivirus solution, it is always recommended to have an Antivirus installed alongside Deep Freeze on the workstation.
- It is not recommended to run any disk utilities like Disk Defragmentation, Disk Partition Magic etc.
For Student users:
- Always log in using your Student login ID on the workstation.
- Make sure to save your documents to the thawed partition/ Network Shared drive and/or personal storage devices.
- Do not disable and/or tamper any folders/files/registry keys/ services of Deep Freeze.
- Any changes made on the wallpaper, clock settings, downloaded data, or any changes made to the workstations will be reverted after the reboot.
- Do not press the power button is the machine screen displays that the workstation is in the ‘Maintenance Mode’.
For Public access workstations:
- Do not install any application or download any critical data on the workstation as it will be lost once the workstation restart.
- Please save all your documents or downloads to the thawed drive (X: drive) or on the external storage device or upload on your personal cloud storage account.
- Do not initiate any commands or press the power button if the workstation screen says that the workstation is in ‘Maintenance Mode’.