New Solution Enables Education IT Administrators to Centrally Manage, Update and Secure Deep Freeze Workstations Anytime, from Anywhere
VANCOUVER, B.C. and SAN JOSE, C.A, June 30, 2014. – Faronics, a global leader in simplifying, securing and managing multi-user computer environments, announced today the release of Deep Freeze Cloud Connector.
“Deep Freeze Cloud Connector enables them to handle management, updating and securing tasks from any location at anytime of day or night. It offers a wide range of attractive features that improves the productivity of IT administrators.”
Faronics is announcing the availability of Deep Freeze Cloud Connector at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2014 conference, being held at the Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, GA., June 28 – July 1.
Faronics is exhibiting in booth #2848. Additional details about the conference are available
“Cloud computing creates exciting opportunities for IT administrators to take advantage of new services and improve the efficiency with which they manage their school district’s IT infrastructure,” said Heman Mehta, product management leader at Faronics. “Deep Freeze Cloud Connector enables them to handle management, updating and securing tasks from any location at anytime of day or night. It offers a wide range of attractive features that improves the productivity of IT administrators.”
Deep Freeze Cloud Connector is a web-based, add-on subscription service for Deep Freeze Enterprise customers. Deep Freeze Cloud Connector helps IT administrators centrally manage, update and secure all Deep Freeze workstations from any location using a Web browser. It seamlessly integrates with existing Deep Freeze Enterprise Consoles in seconds.
It also includes the following features:
Web-based Deep Freeze management
- Freeze and Thaw workstations using a Web browser
- Webify existing Deep Freeze Enterprise Consoles in seconds
Update popular products on Deep Freeze workstations via a browser
- Automatically update software on Deep Freeze workstations
- Schedule updates and maintenance windows
- Intelligent tasking automatically thaws and refreezes Deep Freeze workstations
Web based Anti-virus* and security
- Anti-virus that seamlessly integrates with Deep Freeze
- Comprehensive protection that combines anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit, firewall, and web filtering in a single solution
- Secure and lockdown workstations by disabling certain applications or Windows Functions, web filtering
- Convert computers into locked-down kiosks by allowing only authorized applications and menus
* Requires Connector Premium plus Anti-Virus option
Central and multi-site management with single login
- Manage all Enterprise Consoles from one location
- Dashboard and alerting
- Granular user management that allows administrators to assign independent permissions
- Generate more than 20 detailed reports
- Tag and organize workstations based on location or custom keywords
With a well-established record of helping businesses manage, simplify, and secure their IT infrastructure, Faronics makes it possible to do more with less by maximizing the value of existing technology. Faronics is the only endpoint security software vendor to offer a comprehensive layered security solution consisting of anti-virus, application whitelisting, and instant system restore protection. Incorporated in 1996, Faronics has offices in the U.S., Canada and the U.K., as well as a global network of channel partners. Our solutions are deployed in over 150 countries worldwide, and are helping more than 30,000 organizations.
For more information visit www.faronics.com.
UPRAISE Marketing + Public Relations
Christina Yang, +1 415-397-7600