The updated iOS and Android app lets Deep Freeze Administrators do more through their mobile devices
VANCOUVER, B.C. and PLEASANTON, Calif., March 4, 2015 – Faronics, a global leader in simplifying, securing and managing multi-user computer environments, today announced the launch of the Deep Freeze Administrator mobile application version 2.0 for Deep Freeze Connector and Cloud customers. Moving far beyond the capabilities of its predecessor, version 2.0 expands the IT administrator’s ability to easily manage many activities of their company’s Deep Freeze deployment from their mobile devices.
“The Deep Freeze Administrator mobile app 2.0 vastly enhances the IT administrator’s abilities by extending beyond the management of a single computer via the scanning of a local QR code,” said Heman Mehta, Manager of Product Management at Faronics. “Version 2.0 performs this function, and also displays all of the computers that are available under the Deep Freeze On Demand page. From the comfort of their mobile devices, IT teams are now empowered to perform critical tasks such as Freezing, Thawing, and tagging multiple computers.” The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded from the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store.
The Deep Freeze Administrator Mobile Application Version 2.0 will enable IT teams to:
- Freeze and Thaw – Manage Deep Freeze functions anytime, anywhere from the convenience of a mobile phone
- On Demand Actions – Perform routine Deep Freeze Cloud actions on multiple computers from the comfort of a mobile phone without logging into the Cloud website
- Filter by Status – Filter Deep Freeze computers by their Frozen or Thawed status
- Organize with Tags – Tag computers with normal, ticket, and location tags; easily filter computers with one or many tags
- Powerful Search – Search and identify computers by their name, assigned tags, policies or groups
- Leverage QR Codes – Scan computers using unique QR codes for each computer and perform on-demand actions
- Push Cloud Agents – Push cloud agents on new computers using the phone without having to carry installers by simply scanning a local QR code
- Safely Sign In – Securely sign into the Cloud Console by scanning a local QR code, without having to enter credentials on any computer
- Provide Feedback – Voice opinions from within the application
- Enjoy Multi-platform Support – Use the Deep Freeze Administrator mobile app on an iOS or Android device
With a well-established record of helping businesses manage, simplify, and secure their IT infrastructure, Faronics makes it possible to do more with less by maximizing the value of existing technology. Faronics is the only endpoint security software vendor to offer a comprehensive layered security solution consisting of anti-virus, application whitelisting, and instant system restore protection. Incorporated in 1996, Faronics has offices in the USA, Canada and the UK, as well as a global network of channel partners. Our solutions are deployed in over 150 countries worldwide, and are helping more than 30,000 organizations.