Version 8.61.020.5611 (June 26, 2020)
New Features for Deep Freeze
- Support for Latest Boot Camp
Deep Freeze supports Boot Camp v6.1.7748 and up.
New Features for Cloud Connector
- Update WSUS Server
Implemented mechanism to forcibly update Windows Update status to WSUS server during Windows Update task.
Version 8.60 (January 17, 2020)
- Thaw for Multiple Restarts
Set the number of Thawed reboots from the Cloud Console. Option available for Reboot Thawed or Reboot Thawed Locked action.
- Pause Scheduled Task
Choose to pause or resume Scheduled Tasks in the Cloud Console. Click the Pause or Play button in the Deep Freeze Schedules grid.
- Install All Windows Updates
In addition to Security, Critical, and Feature updates, choose to install all types of updates when downloading Windows updates from Microsoft (vs. WSUS).
- Launch Batch, VB, PowerShell Scripts
In addition to .exe and .msi file types, now you can also launch .cmd, .bat, .vbs, .ps1 file types via the Remote Launch and Push & Launch actions in the Cloud Console.
- Specify URL or FTP for Remote Launch
Instead of specifying an existing file path for Remote Launch, now you have the option to specify a web URL or FTP location. The file will be automatically downloaded from the specified location and launched on the computer.
- Windows XP End of Support
To ensure Deep Freeze continues to take advantage of the latest technologies, Faronics is officially dropping XP and Server 2003 support in this version of Deep Freeze. Microsoft officially ended Windows XP support on April 8, 2014 and Server 2003 support on July 14, 2015.
Version 8.37 (March 2017)
- Support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Enhancements to prevent longer system startup on Advanced Format (AF) 4k sector hard drives (up to 2X faster boot time).
Version 8.30 (November 2015)
- Support for Windows 10
Version 8.10 (September 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.1
Create a virtual drive hosted on a local Frozen or Thawed drive where data can be saved permanently without being deleted by Deep Freeze during a reboot.
- Thaw Newly Discovered Hard Drive
Option to retain changes made on newly discovered hard disk.
- Thaw External Hard Drives
Option to retain changes on external USB or IEEE 1394 (FireWire) hard disk.
- Support for Brazilian Portuguese
- Deep Freeze Standard Cloud Connector
Evaluate and purchase a web-based, add-on subscription service designed for Deep Freeze Standard customers. Current customers will see a new Cloud Connector tab within Deep Freeze Standard once a registered license key is entered. Click this tab to connect your computer todeepfreeze.com.
Deep Freeze Standard Cloud Connector helps you centrally manage your Deep Freeze Standard computers from any location using a web browser. You can also apply various services such as Software Updater, WINSelect, Anti-Executable, Anti-Virus, and Power Save. As a Deep Freeze Standard customer, you are eligible to try Deep Freeze Standard Cloud Connector for free for 30 days.
Don’t have your credentials? Click the “Email me my credentials” option during installation or within Deep Freeze Standard after installation.
Version 7.71 (October 2013)
Deep Freeze notification messages are now displayed on all active user sessions on Remote Desktop Server (Windows Terminal Server) and Windows Multipoint Server. This feature is not supported on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Multipoint Server 2012.
Version 7.60 (December 2012)
- Supports Windows 8
- Windows 8 Start Screen Enhancements
Display Deep Freeze notifications for shutdown, restart, maintenance etc. on top of Start Screen. Display Deep Freeze Administrator and Enterprise Console tiles.
- Support for Windows To Go
Deep Freeze can be installed on Windows To Go to boot and run from mass storage devices such as USB flash drives and external hard disk drives.
- Disable System Refresh and Reset
Disable Windows 8 System Refresh and Reset when Frozen. Learn more about the difference between Deep Freeze and Microsoft System Refresh and Reset.
- Support for BitLocker “Used Disk Space” Encryption
Deep Freeze is compatible with “Used Disk Space Only” encryption in BitLocker on Windows 8. Learn more.
- License Key Activation
This version will include the ability to activate the license key. Activation is simple and painless and does not require the user to input any personal or authentication information. Learn more.
Version 7.50 (July 2012)
- Protect Master Boot Record (MBR)
Deep Freeze prevents a virus from injecting into MBR.
- Support for Hard Drives larger than 2 TB
- New and improved Deep Freeze Workstation Service with Logging
Enables our Tech Support to help with any corner cases.
Version 7.3 (March 2012)
- Improvements in Deep Freeze WMI Classes.
- License expiry notification displayed in the system tray.
- Enhanced security.
- Officially supported on Windows 7.
Deep Freeze now employs the same licensing scheme as other Faronics products. Therefore, a valid License Key must be entered into the product in order to prevent it from expiring after a 30-day evaluation period.
- Simplified Chinese localization added.
- Rewritten and expanded user guide.
- Windows 95/98/Me support dropped.
Rewritten password security functionality to resolve a reported potential security vulnerability in which a malicious user may be able to bypass the Deep Freeze password dialog when running as a Windows administrator user.
- The Boot Control window provides the ability to Reboot Now
- System tray icon no longer flashes when machine is Thawed
- Windows Vista support
- Windows XP 64 bit support
- Localization to English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese languages
- Installable on Vista for experimentation and testing. However, installation on Vista is not supported by Faronics. For the latest compatibility information, go to our Deep Freeze Vista information page at: https://www.faronics.com/dfvista
- Updated graphics and user interface
- Improved program performance
- Enhanced password security
- Improved program performance
- Japanese localization
- The Clone option was added to the Deep Freeze logon window to prepare workstations for the imaging process.
- Enhanced password security.
- Enhanced user interface.
Improved detection of dynamic disks on Windows 2000/XP. Freezing of software-implemented mirrors is now allowed and Freezing of software-implemented stripes or RAIDS is disallowed.