Version 7.71 (October 2013)
- Deep Freeze notification messages are now displayed on all active user sessions on Remote Desktop Server (Windows Terminal Server) and Windows Multipoint Server. This feature is not supported on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Multipoint Server 2012.
Version 7.60.070.4298 (December 2012)
- Supports Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Start Screen Enhancements
- Display Deep Freeze notifications for shutdown, restart, maintenance etc. on top of Start Screen. Display Deep Freeze Administrator and Enterprise Console tiles.
- Support for Windows To Go
- Deep Freeze can be installed on Windows To Go to boot and run from mass storage devices such as USB flash drives and external hard disk drives.
- Disable System Refresh and Reset
- Disable Windows 2012 System Refresh and Reset when Frozen. Learn more about the difference between Deep Freeze and Microsoft System Refresh and Reset.
- Support for BitLocker “Used Disk Space” Encryption
- Deep Freeze is compatible with “Used Disk Space Only” encryption in BitLocker on Windows 2012. Learn more.
- License Key Activation
- This version will include the ability to activate the license key. Activation is simple and painless and does not require the user to input any personal or authentication information. Learn more.
Version 7.50.070.4100 (July 2012)
- Protect Master Boot Record (MBR)
Deep Freeze prevents a virus from injecting into MBR.
- Support for Hard Drives larger than 2 TB
- New and improved Deep Freeze Workstation Service with Logging
Enables our Tech Support to help with any corner cases.
Version 7.3 (March 2012)
- Improvements in Deep Freeze WMI Classes.
- License expiry notification displayed in the system tray.
- Improved Deep Freeze performance related to Terminal Services and Roaming Profiles.
- Enhanced security.
- Officially supported on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Deep Freeze now employs the same licensing scheme as other Faronics products. Therefore, a valid License Key must be entered into the product in order to prevent it from expiring after a 30-day evaluation period.
- Simplified Chinese localization added.
- Rewritten password security functionality to resolve a reported potential security vulnerability in which a malicious user may be able to bypass the Deep Freeze password dialog when running as a Windows administrator user.
- Windows Server 2008 support
- The Boot Control window provides the ability to Reboot Now
- System tray icon no longer flashes when machine is Thawed
- Windows Server 2003 64 bit support
- Localization to English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese languages