Version 7.72.020.4535 (December 2013)
8831 On Windows 8 systems: Resolved an issue where AncillaryDev key disappears after upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, resulting in a failed uninstallation process.
9110 On Windows 8.1 RTM: Resolved an issue where the Fast Startup option failed to turn off while installing Deep Freeze.
Version 18.104.22.16899 (October 2013)
Deep Freeze notification messages are now displayed on all active user sessions on Remote Desktop Server (Windows Terminal Server) and Windows Multipoint Server. This feature is not supported on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Multipoint Server 2012. Learn more about Deep Freeze behavior when installed on Remote Desktop Server.
7766 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze installed incorrectly on Session 0.
7795 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze service reported an invalid current state 0 in the Windows Event Log. (Case No: YOC-456-50071)
Version 22.214.171.12460 (July 2013)
7311 Resolved an issue where the DFDiskLow drive caused BSOD on Windows XP systems with a FAT32 system partition. (Case No: RLM-498-27897, YKA-210-55431)
7053 Resolved an issue where data on Thawed partitions larger than 1TB was inaccessible with IO error due to large data sets. (Case No: MQD-872-12018)
Version 126.96.36.19920 (March 2013)
7156 Resolved an issue on XP systems where the error ‘Not enough server storage available’ was displayed on Deep Freeze workstations with certain third party software that utilizes IRPStack system resource. (Case No: JVU-655-36949)
7240 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze caused a deadlock on system startup if there was a zip drive present. (Case No: XBI-364-81148)
7307 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze 7.6 caused Blue Screen on computers with Microsoft BitLocker enabled on the system drive. (Case No: ZIH-859-63089)
7327 Resolved random Blue Screen issues on systems with a many disk devices . (Case No: TIW-271-41633/SUT-748-38530)
6351 – Lock Keyboard and Mouse command fails on workstations with touch screens.
6950 – On XP, whenever the Windows Screensaver is active on logon screen, remote Deep Freeze actions do not kick-in. (IQA-512-62854)
7051 – Deep Freeze installation on workstation images – “hanging at shutdown” during Login Script. (CFF-939-12971)
7311 Deep Freeze causes Blue Screen on XP systems where system partition is FAT32. (Case No: RLM-498-27897)
7342 Deep Freeze sets the exFAT partition to Frozen state regardless of the Deep Freeze configuration of which drive to Freeze. (Case No: KVC-818-40780)
Version 7.60.070.4298 (December 2012)
- Supports Windows Server 2012
- Support for Windows To Go
- Deep Freeze can be installed on Windows To Go to boot and run from mass storage devices such as USB flash drives and external hard disk drives.
- Disable System Refresh and Reset
- Disable Windows 2012 System Refresh and Reset when Frozen. Learn more about the difference between Deep Freeze and Microsoft System Refresh and Reset.
- Support for BitLocker “Used Disk Space” Encryption
- Deep Freeze is compatible with “Used Disk Space Only” encryption in BitLocker on Windows 2012. Learn more.
- License Key Activation
- This version will include the ability to activate the license key. Activation is simple and painless and does not require the user to input any personal or authentication information. Learn more.
- 6762 – Workstation Blue Screen when ejecting ESATA devices. (XCN-236-87261)
Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Specific Fixes
- 5511 – When remotely accessing Windows 8 workstations while Thawed and Locked, keyboard and mouse remain locked and black screen shows.
- 5512 – Remotely accessing a Windows 8 workstation in a Frozen or Locked state and then Locking it will cause the target workstation to reboot unexpectedly.
- 5537 – Workstation will Blue Screen when DF is installed with Windows 8 Storage Spaces.
- 6085 – Workstations Blue Screen when creating ThawSpace on ReFS.
- 6085 – On Windows Server 2012: ThawSpace hosted on ReFS partition is not accessible.
- 6104 – Windows Server 2012 will Blue Screen while performing a backup
- 6234 – On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: The workstation Blue Screen when installing ThawSpaces on Windows Storage Spaces.
- 6265 – On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: Deep Freeze workstation does not show pop up messages on Windows Start screen.
- 6306 – On Windows Server 2012: Deadlock on startup, when boot into Frozen state on the system with Storage Spaces hosted on physical disk
- 6338 – Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: Storage Space drive remains Frozen when configured as Thawed.
- 6713 – On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: Sent Message is not displayed on the target workstation which is automatically logged in.
- 6735 – Windows 8: Cannot manually shutdown Deep Freeze workstation with « Fast Start up » option enabled. Learn more.
- 6819 – Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: Notifications with a Cancel button consumes 100% CPU even after clicking on it.
Accepted Behavior for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- 6147 – Windows 8: If there are any ThawSpace existing, recimg.exe fails to create backup image. Learn more.
- 6151 – When backing up the workstation in a Frozen state, both the backup application and the system hangs. Do not backup when workstation is Frozen.
- 6332 – Status of Dynamic StorageSpace drives on Windows 8 workstations are reported as « Healthy (At Risk) » in Disk Manager. Learn more.
- 6811 – Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: When the Notification displays on the logon screen it does not stay on top of the Start screen.
- 6821 – Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012: A new Notification window does not popup if another Notification window is running in another user session.
Version 7.51.070.4170 (September 2012)
- 5471 – Resolved issues related to insufficient space on system drives when installing Deep Freeze. (Case No: YBK-318-94672)
Version 7.50.070.4100 (July 2012)
- Protect Master Boot Record (MBR)
Deep Freeze prevents a virus from injecting into MBR.
- Support for Hard Drives larger than 2 TB
- New and improved Deep Freeze Workstation Service with Logging
Enables our Tech Support to help with any corner cases.
2504 – Resolved an issue where there was a random deadlock on startup while installing/uninstalling Deep Freeze or creating/deleting ThawSpaces.
4037 – Resolved Blue Screen issue with certain keyboard and mouse drivers. (Case No: ZYP-187-69083, DCK-331-46840, OLV-592-70831)
4255 – Resolved Blue Screen issue when Express Cache is installed. (Case No: HMT-966-41631)
3572 – Resolved an issue where the task failed with License Expired error when trying to reboot workstations with expired license into Thawed mode.
3900 – Resolved translation issues. (Case No: OTU-350-44687)
Version 7.30.070.3852 (March 2012)
|Improvements in Deep Freeze WMI Classes.|
|License expiry notification displayed in the system tray.|
|Improved Deep Freeze performance related to Terminal Services and Roaming Profiles.|
|FB1922||Resolved a Blue Screen at login on Frozen computers after updating from Deep Freeze 6.22 to 7.21. (Case No: TTR-416-23714)|
|FB2557||Resolved an issue on systems with custom Windows folder: Secure Channel Password was not being managed when Deep Freeze was in a Thawed state (Case No: DGV-558-22897)|
|TT2254||Resolved an issue where after uninstalling Deep Freeze on the workstation, Deep Freeze entry is not removed from Faronics Product under WMI.|
|TT2620||Resolved a Blue Screen on Dell computer with RAID hardware controller (PERC card) (Case No: RYF-134-76780)|
|TT2621||Resolved a Blue Screen. (Case No: OYK-134-64403)|
|TT2627||Resolved an unexpected shutdown error on a computer with hardware RAID controller. (Case No: IIA-307-84690)|
|TT2695||Resolved a Blue Screen issue after upgrading Deep Freeze. (Case No: MIS-143-20157)|
|TT2697||Resolved a cosmetic issue in the Status of Next Reboot option. (Case No: RLX-148-27814)|
|TT2774||Resolved an issue where the Windows Program Compatibility Assistant displayed a warning when Deep Freeze installation was cancelled.|
|1902||Resolved issue where the keyboard shortcuts on the workstation did not work.|
|2245||Resolved a Blue Screen issue while logging off Windows 7. (Case: 130-33089)|
|2299||Resolved issue where the Embedded Events show inaccurate message time.|
|2323||Resolve a Blue Screen issue while logoff. (Case: 223-40305)|
|2326||Resolve a Blue Screen issue while logoff. (Case: 42-39496)|
|2328||Resolve a Blue Screen issue while logoff. (Case: 153-42051)|
|2325||Resolved issue where the number of Thawed restarts field was not wide enough to show two digits and was not limited to 9.|
|2339||Resolved issue where DFC crashed when launched from Windows folder.|
|2349||Resolved issue where Deep Freeze command line password was not limited to 63 characters.|
|2352||Resolved issue where D drive shows as Frozen even when it is Thawed and has a page file on it. (Case: 121-43697)|
|2354||Resolved issue with Deep Freeze and Ramdisk.|
|2363||Resolved issue where the Error Notification is not displayed when incorrect network settings are set via Deep Freeze.|
|2370||Resolved issue where the blank password dialog must expand and the scroll bar was not displayed.|
|2371||Resolved issue where the MaximumPasswordAge registry is not reverted back to 30 whenDeep Freeze is uninstalled from the workstation.|
|2372||Resolved issue where the Deep Freeze UI items disappear when Alt button is pressed.|
|L226||Resolved issue where Anti-Executable was partially installed when Faronics Core remotely installed Anti-Executable after Deep Freeze is remotely installed.|
|2271||Resolved issue where Windows entered a boot loop when Deep Freeze was installed on an SSD supporting the ATA TRIM command. (Case# 76-37482)|
|2330||Resolved a password security issue.|
|2238||Resolved issue where Deep Freeze was unstable after running Last Good Known Configuration. (Case # 153-29637)|
|2246||Resolved issue where the Deep Freeze Workstation Installer hanged when it failed to write to the registry (due to a registry protection software blocking system registry access).|
|2308||Resolved issue where Deep Freeze looped infinitely in the Please Wait dialog when double- clicking the Install button.|
|2336||Resolved issue where FrzState login is not protected against buffer overflow and crashes if a long password string is entered.|
|2257||Resolved issue that could prevent roaming profiles from synchronizing correctly upon user log off.|
• Enhanced security.
|2152||Resolved compatibility issue with WinMagic SecureDoc encryption software.|
|Officially supported on Windows Server 2008 R2.|
|Licensing: Deep Freeze now employs the same licensing scheme as other Faronics products. Therefore, a valid License Key must be entered into the product in order to prevent it from expiring after a 30-day evaluation period.|
|Simplified Chinese localization added.|
|Rewritten password security functionality to resolve a reported potential security vulnerability in which a malicious user may be able to bypass the Deep Freeze password dialog when running as a Windows administrator user.|
|652||Windows Server 2008 only: Resolved issue where Deep Freeze files did not have proper large and extra large icons.|
|942||Resolved issue that could allow a non-administrator user to kill Deep Freeze processes resulting in the icon not being displayed in the system tray (the machine would remain Frozen).|
|1153||Resolved issue that could cause the Deep Freeze icon to not appear in the System Tray, resulting in an inability to access the Deep Freeze login menu.|
|1179||Resolved issue that could cause the Deep Freeze password dialog to become non-responsive due to a compatibility issue with Novell’s login dll (NWGina.dll).|
|1561||Changing settings Boot Control settings results in a single (formerly multiple) confirmation dialogs.|
|1802||Resolved issue that could result in a failed installation of Deep Freeze in very rare circumstances.|
|1848||Resolved issue that could result in Windows errors occurring during boot while Frozen in very rare circumstances.|
|1944||Resolved an issue that could prevent installation from occurring successfully if a workstation had been updated to v6.52 or higher, then downgraded to v6.50, then updated to v6.51.|
|2022||Resolved a potential security vulnerability that only affected Deep Freeze Standard installations.|
|2076||Resolved issue that could prevent a user from controlling Deep Freeze locally on a workstation.|
|Windows Server 2008 support|
|The Boot Control window provides the ability to Reboot Now|
|System tray icon no longer flashes when machine is Thawed|
|•||Resolved issue that could cause a Blue Screen in very specific circumstances: a non-functional place-holder SD card was inserted into a card reader slot on a machine with some versions of the Ricoh hardware driver installed.|
|•||Resolved issue that could prevent a machine from restarting correctly after installation of Deep Freeze|
|•||Resolved issue that could cause the Windows login window to fail to appear on certain computers that had Deep Freeze installed|
|•||Resolved compatibility issue with nForce RAID systems|
|•||Resolved an issue that could cause an installation to fail on computers that are not logged in (after the machine was restored from a Sysprep image)|
|•||Resolved issues that could prevent the Deep Freeze icon from being displayed in the System Tray on any machines, resulting in the computer being unable to be booted into the Thawed state|
|•||Resolved compatibility issue with SafeGuard|
|•||Resolved issue where some buttons were not localized on non-English systems|
|•||Resolved compatibility issue with Daemon Tools that could prevent USB drives from mounting on first use|
|•||Resolved a compatibility issue with Tor Privoxy|
|Windows Server 2003 64 bit support|
|Localization to English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese languages|
|•||Resolved a compatibility issue that causes Blue Screen when booting into the Frozen state|
|•||Resolved a compatibility issue with nVidia Nforce IDE drivers|
|•||Resolved an issue that caused the abnormal termination of the process that allows the user to change the Deep Freeze state locally|
|•||Resolved an issue when installing Deep Freeze Server on compressed drives|
|•||Resolved an issue that prevented accessing the Deep Freeze Server login window through the hotkey combination Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F6 if the password was changed and the confirmation message was closed automatically|