Version 5.51.2100.659 (December 2018)
24487 Resolved an issue where the keyboard and mouse stop working when Secure Boot is enabled. (Case No. RAV-194-37077, OJE-634-70524, TWN-216-31782)
3668 Newly created Policy should not have Files / Publishers / Folders pre-populated from the Default Policy.
4703 Filter is not available for blank Publishers on Central Control List and policy.
4704 On Policy details dialog, Alert node « Block notification message » box is overlapped on « Please wait… » message.
5408 Multiple confirmation prompts while adding multiple files to the Control List.
6237 When Faronics Core Service is restarted, the Anti-Executable Loadin DLL is not loaded properly.
6689 Same Domain/Local user can be added twice into the « AE Trusted » users list.
7385 AE and VMPlayer compatibility, sometimes BSOD after installation of Anti-Executable. (Case No. PUG-523-40514)
7611 Anti-Executable Enterprise uninstaller typo. (Case No.EAE-176-60020)
24515 Under Publishers, Faronics Core gets added under Microsoft Corporation.
Version 5.50.2100.655 (September 2018)
- Monitor VB and PowerShell Scripts – monitor the execution of .vbs and .ps files and block execution of all unauthorized scripts.
- Ability to automatically update the Faronics Code Signing Certificate and any other certificate thumbprints on the fly.
- Ability to add bin files to the Anti-Executable whitelist.
19969 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable makes network applications perform slowly. (Case No. CNR-391-54465)
20609 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable is unable to display accents in the alert. (Case No. VWE-767-93274)
18260 Resolved an issue where DLL files are not being added during Maintenance Mode initiated from the Core Console despite DLL scanning being enabled in the policy. (Case No. DJG-156-61013)
14216 Resolved an issue where BSOD caused Anti-Executable whitelist to revert to blank. (Case No. SFI-268-52300)
14217 Resolved an issue when Anti-Executable service is hanging on machine start-up if Local Execution list has more that 10K entries in it. (Case No. DKF-906-85852)
19082 Resolved an issue where OpenOffice is unable to launch (bin files blocked) after Anti-Executable is installed. (Case No. SMM-711-78721)
20624 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable is causing random BSOD when switching into Maintenance mode. (Case No. VXC-558-50345)
Windows Anniversary Update Fix (9 November, 2016)
Customers running Anti-Executable Enterprise on Windows 10 may experience issues with using the keyboard or mouse on the client workstations after upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Build 1607).
Run this utility on the affected systems using the Remote Launch feature in Faronics Core or use Windows RDP to directly download and run on the affected systems. Any issues with keyboard and mouse will be resolved after running this executable. Contact Technical Support for further assistance.
Version 5.40.2100.631 (30 October, 2015)
- Support for Windows 10
Version 5.33.2100.621 (13 November, 2014)
12008 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable did not block programs running with OutPost Firewall Pro installed. (Case No: KDU-654-76952)
Version 5.30.2100.606 (February 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.1
Note: Support for Identifile discontinued.
9761 Resolved Anti-Executable Policy modification error. (Case No: PQF-859-10766)
7313 Resolved an issue when initiating a Local Control List Scan where executables from the mounted StorageSpace were not added to control list.
Version 5.20.2100.562 (November 2012)
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Ability to open the log file directly from the UI.
- Anti-Executable is now available in Portuguese (Brazilian).
4453 Resolved an issue where, after adding the sysvol and netlogon folders to the Central Control List, login scripts were still being blocked.
5392 Resolved an issue on standalone Faronics Core Console: if Anti-Executable Loadin was upgraded from previous release to 5.10, new reports were generated empty.
5404 Resolved an issue where an incorrect report name was displayed while report was being generated.
6125 Resolved an issue where Scan Progress Bar during installation did not show detailed information as it is shown when scanning files from the Anti-Executable UI.
6171 Resolved an issue where deadlock exception occurred in Anti-Executable ReportingDatabaseHandler and related memory leak in Anti-Executable Loadin.
6238 Resolved an issue where it was not possible to apply Anti-Executable policy to machines. (Case No: WEK-333-34999)
6571 Resolved an issue where on applying « Initiate local ECL Scan » from Faronics Core, Anti-Executable Engine service hangs and files added to local ECL are not displayed.
Version 5.10.2100.540 (July 2012)
- Active Directory Integration
Active Directory users and groups can directly be added as Anti-Executable administrators and trusted users.
- New Reporting Database
Efficient reporting possible with the new Reporting Database.
- New Reports
Two new reports Top Blocked Programs and Top Violated Machines now available.
- UI and UX Improvements:
- Detailed information displayed to the user when a file is blocked.
- Detailed progress bar with time estimations is now visible while scanning the computer.
- Anti-Executable is now launched by double-clicking the Anti-Executable icon in the system tray.
2330 Resolved an issue where the short-cut to launch Anti-Executable was incorrectly mentioned in Online Help.
3124 Resolved an issue where the Anti-Executable Loadin was installed on the default location even if Faronics Core Server was installed in the custom location.
3277 Resolved an issue where the custom alert icon was not displayed when the blocked message is displayed. (Case No: YSH-611-42007)
3311 Resolved an issue where MMC closed unexpectedly with an error message when trying to open a policy, which has files currently not present in Central Control List.
3328 Resolved an issue on English database: If the product name has Japanese or Chinese characters, it is displayed as a string of question marks (????).
3330 Resolved an issue where the Scan with FAVE is not grayed out if Faronics Anti-Virus is not installed.
3331 Resolved an issue where the total disk space usage for log files was displayed as zero.
3332 Resolved an issue where the files added during Maintenance Mode by selecting Add to Central Control List, displayed as blocked on the Local Control List.
3379 Resolved cosmetic issues in localization.
3534 Resolved an issue where when trying to run executables from a renamed folder, unauthorized executables are not executed, but alert is not displayed.
3535 Resolved an issue where authorized files could not be run from a renamed folder.
3536 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable notification was not displayed as expected. However, when running .com, .bat files, Windows message was displayed.
3537 Resolved an issue where there was a small increase in memory usage when logging on to a computer with any user.
3669 Resolved an issue where tasks did not have AEE prefix.
3684 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable Initialization task was run multiple times after Anti-Executable was installed.
3685 Resolved an issue where it was not possible to uninstall Anti-Executable when it was in Maintenance Mode.
3687 Resolved an issue where the install task was not successful when installing/upgrading Anti-Executable on a workstation that already had the latest version installed.
3791 Resolved an issue where events were not sent to the Faronics Core Server after Maintenance Mode.
3864 Resolved an issue where Identifile was visible in Silent Mode.
3875 Resolved a cosmetic issue.
3927 Resolved an issue where registry keys were left behind during uninstallation and hence new installations rolled back.
4400 Resolved an issue where a workstation which did not have Anti-Executable installed, was included in the TEM and local addition report.
4401 Resolved an issue where a workstation which did not have any entries, was included in the TEM and local addition report.
4624 Resolved an issue where the exported Temporary Execution Mode report in CSV and TXT format did not contain workstation and server name.
4664 Resolved an issue where Initiate a Local Control List Scan task did not have AEE as prefix.
4257 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable was blocking access to Windows resources. (Case No: IKS-557-89233)
Version 5.00.2100.515 (April 2012)
- Central Control List
The Central Control List represents a collection of all files and publishers that can be used to create and enforce Anti-Executable policies. The entries in the Central Control List do not contain Allow or Block parameters and such actions are configured via Anti-Executable Policies.
Policies are used as the vehicle for enforcing specific configurations of Anti-Executable. A policy contains configuration of file, folder, publisher control attributes, alerts, temporary execution mode details, and general settings.
- Granular control of Publishers
Publishers can be controlled on four different levels: Certificate, Product Name, Program File and File Version.
- Three New Reports
Three new reports are available: Additions to Local Control List, Addition to Central Control List – Files, and Addition to Central Control List – Publishers.
- User Interface Improvements
The following user interface improvements are available: In-column search and filtering when navigating control lists, Provisioning of Anti-Executable users based on local and domain accounts, and Alert dialog.
- Dedicated Whitelist or Blacklist
Having a dedicated whitelist of blacklist can be confusing to a user as the same executable can be allowed to run on one computer, but blocked on another. This is why an execution control list has been created and the local control list is augmented by policies that specify whether a program is blocked or allowed to run. Blocking action always takes precedence.
- Blocking of Publishers
Anti-Executable no longer provides an ability to block a specific Publisher. Since Anti-Executable works on default deny principle, only programs that are explicitly allowed to run will execute, leaving any unauthorized program as blocked. With the added flexibility of publisher control on publisher, program, file and version levels, an administrator can allow only a specific version of a particular file within a program entry of a publisher certificate. This will eliminate program version fragmentation and only allow a specific version of a product to run.
2865 Resolved an issue where both ‘Primary’ and ‘Backup’ configuration files got corrupted on the workstation. As a result, the Anti-Executable icon did not appear in the System Tray and the user could not get access to the Anti-Executable UI.
Version 4.21.2100.492 (January 2011)
- Initiate Whitelist Scan
Initiate a Whitelist Scan on the managed workstation from Faronics Core Console allowing administrators to re-scan, re-create and re-apply the Whitelist.
TT506 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable was displayed as an Evaluation even when the proper license was applied. (Case No: FGX-389-48780)
TT507 Resolved an issue where Anti-Executable was not able to update license key using the AEC command. (Case No: FYM-602-23234)
FB789 Resolved an issue where the tasks remained active for a long time (up to 3 minutes) while executing an action on a workstation that did not have Anti-Executable installed.
FB2144 Resolved an issue where the Temporary Execution Mode settings were not included when exporting the Anti-Executable configuration and importing it back.
- Integration with Faronics Anti-Virus
Automatically scan the files using Faronics Anti-Virus before adding them to the whitelist.
456 Resolved issue where Anti-Executable prevented all permissions on the folder if the folder name had .com, .jar or .bat in it.
496 Resolved issue where Anti-Executable blocked SBAMSvr.exe when Faronics StorageSpace was a mounted folder and Anti-Executable was installed with an initial whitelist scan.
497 Resolved issue where no files were added to a whitelist if Faronics StorageSpace was scanned from a level up (for example, Faronics folder).
500 Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable configuration files could be deleted if Faronics StorageSpace was a mounted folder.
502 Windows XP only: Resolved issue where the computer crashed after 3 to 4 hours if Deep Freeze Enterprise, Faronics System Profiler, Faronics Anti-Virus and Anti-Executable were installed.
503 Windows XP only: Resolved issue where the files copied to the mounted Faronics StorageSpace folder during maintenance mode are not added to the Active whitelist.
505 Windows Server 2008 R2 only: Resolved issue where the computer kept rebooting in a loop if the computer is rebooted after installing Anti-Executable, enabling Protection with an empty whitelist.
485 Resolved issue where Anti-Executable did not function and could not be uninstalled. This occurred only on Windows 7 and Windows Vista systems with a wireless adapter.
487 Resolved issue where Anti-Executable UI did not launch while changing the status with the Administrator or Trusted User password enabled. Anti-Executable relogin or clicking on the Anti-Executable icon in the System Tray was required.
- Better control on .dll files
Unauthorized .dll files loaded from a network location are now blocked on Windows Vista.
- Enhanced Security
Various operating system components are more secure due to enhanced security.
473 Resolved issue that prevented the product from being uninstalled on Windows 7 SP1.
471 Resolved issue that prevented the product from being installed on Windows 7 SP1.
Checks files against a signature database to gather more information on the file. Reports on manufacturer name, file hash, version, how many applications use a file and whether file is malicious.
- Temporary Execution Mode (TEM)
Allows unrestricted file execution for a specific time period.
- TEM Reporting
Ability to run a report on executed programs during Temporary Execution Mode.
- .dll File Control
Anti-Executable now optionally supports .dll files.
Stability and Security Enhancements
- Numerous stability and security enhancements have been added with an improved embedded driver. These enhancements require a reboot of the target workstations after installation.
271 Multiple violation entries are made to Event Log every time an unauthorized .bat or .com is executed on the workstation.
378 When a shared folder mapped with a local drive letter (not a UNC path) was added to an Active Blacklist, Anti-Executable was unable to block executables in this folder if this executable was also added to an Active Whitelist. This issue has been resolved.
401 Resolved issue where no icon was displayed and the short-cut key did not work. (Case#: 153-39334)
403 Resolved issue where BSOD occurred after referencing AEFILTER.sys. (Case#: 153-39790)
406 Resolved issue where BSOD occurred due to AEFILTER.sys. (Case#: 153-36648)
414 Resolved issue where alerts were not displayed if a Windows XP system was accessed using RDP.
442 Resolved issue where, if a file has Product Name, Publisher Name, File Name and File version its corresponding columns in the Whitelist and Blacklist editor are not populated with the information.
454 On Windows Vista and higher: Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable upgrade process failed and Anti-Executable is partially uninstalled if there was a large Whitelist or Blacklist.
462 Resolved issue of BSOD while trying to launch maps.google.com from Internet Explorer.
- Publisher Entries for Whitelist and Blacklist
Anti-Executable can now allow or block the executables based on the digital signature.
- Granularity in Export or Import of configuration
Anti-Executable configuration can now be exported or imported based on Active Whitelists and Blacklists, alert image, and Anti-Executable users.
- Improved Whitelist and Blacklist Editor
Whitelist and Blacklist Editors now display number of files in the list and number of files selected. The columns in the Whitelist or Blacklist Editors can be displayed, hidden, or rearranged.
326 Resolved issue where the Restart Faronics Core Service dialog was not displayed after repairing the Loadin.
354 Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable entry was not removed from Faronics Product under WMI after uninstall.
370 Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable workstation agent could not be uninstalled on French Windows 7 systems (32 and 64-bit).
- Supported on Windows 7.
- Supported on Faronics Core v3.1 or later.
222 Faronics Core Console now validates the Anti-Executable License when applying to remote workstations.
248 Resolved compatibility issue with Sandboxie.
294 Resolved issue that could cause Anti-Executable to disable access to network connections and device manager.
309 Resolved issue that could cause a Trusted Folder on a Novell network share to not function correctly.
336 Resolved minor localization issues.
- Compatible with Deep Freeze Maintenance Mode (requires Deep Freeze Enterprise v6.61 or later)
Anti-Executable can be configured to automatically enter Maintenance Mode when Deep Freeze enters its Maintenance Mode.
- Black List Option
Any program on a Black List will not run even if it is present in the Active White List.
- Export to CSV
White List and Black List files can be exported to CSV format.
- UNC Path Option
Administrators can optionally add files to a White List or Black List by entering the path to the target file or folder.
- Event Log Viewer
The Event Log can be opened directly from the Anti-Executable UI.
- Stealth Mode Granularity
Stealth Mode now allows for three options to be configured independently: Hide notification, Hide icon on system tray, and Hide splash window.
- Command Line (CLI) Improvements
The Anti-Executable password can now be specified in the same line as the actual command, allowing the CLI to be more suited for use in unattended scripts or batch files.Additional CLI options added.
202 Resolved issue in which using the command line to apply the White List in a special case had the undesirable side effect of incorrectly setting the password, even if it was disabled through the user interface.
215 Resolved issue in the Server edition that caused the update link in the Configuration dialog to be missing in both the Console and workstation.
226 Resolved cosmetic display issues when rendering a White List.
278 Increased speed of scanning and adding new files to the White List at the conclusion of Maintenance Mode.
296 Resolved issue that could allow Anti-Executable to be disabled by an unauthorized user in one specific circumstance.
297 Resolved issue that could prevent the White List Editor’s Merge, Export, and Save As buttons to be non-responsive in certain circumstances.
298 Resolved issue that could cause Faronics Core Console to crash when creating a report from a History node containing workstations that had been deleted from the database.
307 Resolved issue that prevented Anti-Executable from being installed on a Windows 2008 server that is a domain controller.
- Support added for the Active Tasks feature of Faronics Core Console v2.42.
- Maintenance Mode
Temporarily disable Anti-Executable protection while software updates or new software are installed. When the installations are finished, Anti-Executable will automatically incorporate any new or modified executable files to the active White List.
- Automatic White List
Optionally set Anti-Executable to create and apply a White List on installation.
- White List Date Stamp
The White List Editor has a new column showing the date the executable was added to the White List.
- Support for Windows Server 2008 (32- and 64-bit).
259 Resolved issue that could allow newly created .bat files to be executed in a particular corner case.
- Remote White List scanning of workstations.
- Ability to scan multiple locations in a single operation when creating a White List.
- Search field added to the White List Editor.
- Merging White Lists.
- Automatic selection of the appropriate MSI installable file while pushing installation to a target machine from Faronics Core Console.
- Automatically retrieving the configuration of a workstation whenever a single workstation is selected.
- Events logged to a custom log within the Event Viewer.
- Anti-Executable Administrator requires a password.
- Localization in Simplified Chinese.
55 Resolved issue where, on trying to apply the License to a workstation where Anti-Executable has been uninstalled, the action failed and an exception occurred during execution of action error is displayed.
77 Resolved issue where, after connecting to a remote workstation and when trying to uninstall Anti-Executable from a workstation with the credentials of the Local Administrator and the Local Administrator was not the Anti-Executable list administrator, the action failed with the message Only the Administrator can uninstall Anti-Executable.
175 Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable Loadin icon was not displayed in the About tab of the Faronics Core Console Properties dialog when installed on Windows XP.
187 Resolved issue where, if Protection is enabled and user terminated AEEngine.exe and Antiexecutable.exe from Task Manager and uninstalled Anti-Executable, the Anti-Executable application was uninstalled successfully. However, on trying to reinstall Anti-Executable, the error message Anti-Executable cannot reinstall was displayed.
208 Resolved issue where the Alt + S key combination was duplicated in the White List Editor.
209 Resolved issue where the Alt + R key combination was duplicated on the alert message dialog.
212 Resolved issue on Windows 2003 where, AntiExecutable.exe did not start unless an unauthorized executable was launched.
247 Resolved issue where a White folder did not function properly and no executable could be run from it if Anti-Executable was installed on a dynamic disk.
249 Resolved issue where Anti-Executable Loadin installed on Faronics Core Console crashed the console when the Windows Regional Format was set to any Chinese language.
250 Resolved issue where Anti-Executable did not prompt for an Administrator password.
253 Resolved issue where the button names were not displayed properly for Japanese systems.
260 Resolved issue where no message was displayed while upgrading from Anti-Executable 3.1 to Anti-Executable 3.2.
- Loadin installer is now an executable file (.exe)
The installer detects the system Locale and starts the program in the appropriate language.
- Modified White List Editor
While editing an Active White List through the White List Editor, an Apply button appears on the White List Editor instead of the Save button. On clicking the Apply button, Anti-Executable will immediately apply the changes made to the Active White List.
- Command Line Interface
The Command Line Interface is now a separate application (AEC.exe).
- Resolved issue where the executable names are not displayed in the Windows standard open dialog.
- Resolved issue while updating the Core Agent with protection enabled; the action failed with WMI method invocation failed error.
- Resolved issue where Windows 2003 server took more time to boot up if protection is enabled.
- Resolved issue where Stealth Mode and Configure Anti-Executable action item icons were of poor quality.
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable did not launch after installation.
- Resolved issue where, if the hardware profile is disabled, Anti-Executable does not startup after a reboot.
- Resolved issue where the progress indicator is not displayed if action is taken for more than 5 seconds (For example, open and display White List with a large number of items or add items to a large White List.).
- Resolved issue where the user was able to turn an expired Anti-Executable On.
- Resolved issue where, after the evaluation period, the Valid Until… message was displayed instead of Expired.
- Resolved issue where the focus goes to the Administrator’s Password dialog instead of the Trusted User’s Password dialog. This occurred when password is enabled for the Administrator and when trying to apply the password for the Trusted User.
- Resolved issue while accessing a Windows 2003 server remotely with multiple users logged on and with protection on. The alerts for the unauthorized executables appeared on the first user’s desktop.
- Resolved issue where it was not possible to launch executables from a remote location even if the folder was added to the Active White List.
- Resolved issue where Allow and Add to White List button only runs an executable and does not add it to the Active White List when the Configuration dialog is open.
- Resolved issue where the second user does not get any alert message when protection is on and Fast User Switch is used.
- Resolved issue where the user is able to close Configuration dialog if Active White List is opened for editing.
- Resolved issue where, if the password for Administrator or Trusted user is enabled, the user was prompted for a password in the Configuration dialog every time when New, Open or Edit was clicked on the White List tab.
- Resolved issue where the flash screen was displayed if the White List Editor was opened.
- Resolved issue where the executable name was not displayed on the confirmation dialog on removing or deleting any element from White List.
- Resolved issue where a blank screen was displayed and the user was unable to perform any action. This occurred when protection was enabled and an unauthorized screen saver was used to lock the machine.
- Resolved issue where the Update word was not displayed properly in the Anti-Executable user interface when a new version of Anti-Executable was available.
- Resolved issue where the format of a log file was incorrect in Japanese.
- Resolved issue where Google search was not disabled when multiple items were selected in a White List.
- Resolved issue where the User List could not be sorted.
- Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable was displayed as Evaluation even after it was expired.
- Resolved issue where the Import button was disabled. This occurred while retrieving the settings, making the changes, clicking Apply and clicking OK immediately.
- Resolved issue where the second last user’s Administrator check box was selected when all users were selected from the user list.
- Resolved issue where the items in the drop-down list for Log File Size Units and time units for Protection Off were replicated. This occurred on exporting and importing the configuration without closing the Configuration dialog.
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable terminated abnormally.
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable stopped responding after performing certain actions for a while.
- Resolved issue where log files in GB were not imported to a log file in MB properly.
- Resolved issue where the message You cannot import configuration in this format was displayed. This occurred when the default configuration was exported after installing Anti-Executable and restarting the computer. On trying to import the default configuration file, the above error message was displayed.
- Resolved issue where the White List was created in the My Documents folder in spite of clicking the Cancel button while creating the first White List.
- Resolved issue where the Not for Resale phrase remained in English even when the language of the application was changed.
- Resolved issue where there was no confirmation displayed when the Configuration dialog was closed by clicking X in the title bar after making changes to the configuration.
- Resolved issue where the UI closed without any user interaction. This occurred when a wrong password was entered for a user and an alert for Mismatch password was displayed. On clicking the OK button, the UI closed instead of setting the focus back to the Password dialog.
- Resolved issue where the configuration dialog displayed after importing a configuration file was not modal.
- Resolved issue where the changes to the Active White List were applied immediately on clicking Save, and without clicking the OK or Apply button.
- Resolved issue where the duplicate entries were created when a White List was generated through the command line.
- Resolved issue where the command line Whitelisteditor.exe displaywhitelist /xml [White List path] with any string other than /xml gave the same result as that of the complete command line with /xml.
- Resolved issue where Windows Explorer did not respond on Windows Vista after particular actions were performed.
- Resolved issue where the icon was not changed as expected. This occurred while the alert message was displayed on a workstation and when the Anti-Executable status was changed (enable or disable) or when the Stealth Mode was enabled.
- Resolved issue where the Loadin did not follow the Faronics numbering standards.
- Resolved issue in the User Guide in the command line section.
- Resolved issue where the log file size unexpectedly displayed as 1 MB. This occurred when the log file was set in GB and another configuration with a log file size of more than 4 MB was imported over it.
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable did not pop-up a message for the second user when Fast User Switch is used and Windows Explorer terminated abnormally.
- Resolved issues where Synaptics and UltraNav drivers caused keyboard and blue screen of death errors.
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable did not allow modifications to folder with a dot (.) in its name.
- Resolved issue where the message Unable to import new configuration was displayed. This occurred when trying to import a configuration created on the same computer.
- Resolved issue where the remote workstation was not reporting the Anti-Executable version to Faronics Core Console.
- Resolved issue where Firefox was not working properly in computers where Anti-Executable was installed.
- Resolved issue where Windows rebooted and then stayed on the login screen for a few minutes without accepting any keyboard or mouse input. Thereafter, the blue screen of death was displayed.
- New White List scanning and parsing architecture
- Multiple White Lists available
- Central White List management and deployment
- White Lists can be viewed and edited
- White Folder feature added to exempt a CD-ROM, USB device, disk, or network drive from Anti-Executable protection
- Windows 2000/XP 32-bit/XP 64-bit/Vista 32-bit/Vista 64-bit support added and Windows 95/98/Me support dropped
- Faronics Core Console support (for central deployment, configuration, scheduling, and control)
- Allow or Block execution of applications from local CD-ROM / DVD drives while Anti-Executable is On
- Block workstation mouse and keyboard input directly from the Anti-Executable Enterprise Console
- Ability to specify where the log file is saved
- Provide a SUS/WSUS server address to allow the download of Windows Updates
- Ability to minimize the white list scanning process during installation
- Improved “under the hood” Console functionality
- Resolved issue that could cause a violation message to display on the workstation after the Evaluation period had ended, even though nothing is blocked by Anti-Executable at that time
- Resolved issue where all \windows\system32\*.exe files are added to the Trusted Application list after installation of Anti-Executable if the computer had Norton 2008 installed
- Resolved a problem when installing Anti-Executable remotely in a WAN environment
- Resolved a connectivity issue regarding the use of Server Service Manager (SSM) when receiving a quit command via Telnet
- Log viewing capability centrally from the Enterprise Console
- Central log exportable to a .csv format and includes fields such as: domain, workstation name, user, date, time, and program that tried to execute
- Added an Exempted Folders feature to include all subfolders within a directory
- Added a Trusted Applications feature to include all executables recursively within a specified directory
- Removed local workstation access to the Password tab; all password changes must take place at the Enterprise Console
- Enforced the security to block MSI files
- Eliminated the “OK” confirmation message appearing at the workstation after installing Anti-Executable
- Eliminated the existing timeout on the Configuration Administrator’s window; this option was also eliminated from local workstation configuration
- Japanese localization
- Added WSUS support
- Increased reliability, performance, and executable protection
- Resolved minor problems when applying and updating Microsoft Group Policies to protected workstations within an Enterprise network environment
- Resolved an incompatibility issue that occurred when running Anti-Executable with a server monitoring tool or a Virtual Private Network client.
- Resolved an issue related to the creation of duplicate user profiles at user logon when using third-party user management utilities with Anti-Executable