Version 8.21 (October 2018)
- Support for Windows 10 version 1803
- Ability to run user session up to 24 hours
- Ability to generate number of session codes up to 1000
Version 8.20 (June 2017)
- Support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Windows 10 Creators Update.
Version 8.10 (February 2016)
Windows 10 features that WINSelect now allows you to control:
- Hiding Windows Action Center.
Blocking Start Menu items:
– Control Panel
– File Explorer
– Sign out
– Most used
– Programs and Tiles on right-hand side of Start Menu panel
– Shut down
– Start Button Context Menu
– Taskbar and Start Menu
– Store Metro App
- Limiting functionality:
– Uninstall of apps
– Pinning of apps to Taskbar
– Right-click on tiles and customization of Start Screen
Version 8.0 (March 2015)
- Control Windows 8/8.1 Charms
Block the Windows 8 Search, Share, Start, Devices and Settings Charms.
- Control the Windows 8/8.1 Start Screen
The following options are available to control the user experience:
– Disable the Windows 8/8.1 Application Bar
– Disable the Windows 8/8.1 Task Switching Bar
– Disable the right-click on Windows 8/8.1 Start Screen tiles
– Disable the uninstall of Windows 8/8.1 apps.
– Disable the pinning of Windows 8/8.1 apps to the Taskbar
– Prevent customization of the Windows 8/8.1 Start Screen
- Boot to Desktop
Option to always boot to Desktop, instead of the Windows 8/8.1 Start Screen.
- Disable Start Button Context menu
Disable the context menu that appears on right-clicking the Start Button in Windows 8.1.
- Disable Internet Explorer Address Bar
Disable the Address Bar in Internet Explorer 9.X onwards (In Windows 8/8.1, the address bar can be blocked in the desktop version of Internet Explorer only).
Version 7.60 (February 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.1.
- Support for Internet Explorer 11.
Version 7.50 (May 2013)
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Firefox up to version 20.
- Support for Internet Explorer up to version 10 (metro Internet Explorer not supported).
- Support for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013.
- Support for Internet Explorer 9.
- Support for 64-bit Operating Systems.
- Enhanced compatibility with Deep Freeze Enterprise v7.1 and higher:
By providing a seamless integration, IT administrators can now configure and enable WINSelect from the Faronics Core Console without having to Reboot Thawed. This removes steps in the maintenance process and still ensures that workstations can be locked down with WINSelect without altering or disabling the original Deep Freeze configuration.
- Simplified Chinese localization added.
- Support for Windows 7.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2007.
- Support for logon scripts.
- Visual indication of menu recording status.
- Fast enable/disable via system tray icon shortcuts.
- Countdown timer that indicates the remaining user session time.
- Indicator that shows if printing is or is not allowed as well as the number of remaining pages from the printing quota.
- Warning message can be shown a pre-set number of minutes before the user session expires.
- Increased control over user session codes.
- Improved session code generation for increased readability.
- Logoff / Logon is not required while applying WINSelect parameters.
- Installation file is now an EXE and is therefore localized in English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
- First release of WINSelect 7.x.