Version 8.71.x.5734 (November 2023)
· Modern Standby & Hibernation Compatibility – Deep Freeze workstations now support Modern Standby, Hibernation, and Fast Startup power options, which can save energy and improve battery life. Requires compatible systems.
· Uninterrupted Maintenance – Deep Freeze workstations now remain powered on during the Workstation Task period, ensuring the system does not go into a power-saving mode.
· Improved Local Wakeup – Deep Freeze now ensures the local wake timers under Windows Power Options are enabled when the 'Attempt to wake up locally' option is selected for Workstation Tasks.
· LAPS Compatibility – Deep Freeze is now compatible with Windows Local Administrator Password Solution to avoid synchronization issues with the Domain Controller when the computer is in a Frozen state.
· Deep Freeze Log Files – Automatically back-up Deep Freeze logs on the client side for optimal performance.
· Manage Virtual Memory – Selecting this option under Advanced options allows Deep Freeze to manage paging file size to better handle performance issues on workstations with limited RAM.
· 3745 Resolved an issue where the workstation went into sleep mode during Windows Update task period.
· 27722 Resolved an issue where the error message 'Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window' was showing up on Deep Freeze Enterprise when restoring from the system tray during Remote Desktop connection. (Case No. SZR-389-33085, QCB-157-88427)
· 28006 Resolved an issue where systems may randomly hang during Frozen state. It is recommended to always enable the new 'Manage Virtual Memory' checkbox to allow Deep Freeze to manage paging file size in order to optimize efficiency. (Case No. KBK-301-15788, HFG-902-80256, TXW-714-46790, DCK-357-11563, VVQ-945-75978)
· 28183 Resolved an issue with Windows Defender blocking Deep Freeze executable files. (Case No. LYC-936-29805)
· 28590 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Server Enterprise displayed incorrect Operating System information. (Case No. OAF-550-47539)
· 28689 Resolved an issue with incorrect French translation in the UI. (Case No. WIN-719-77573)
· 36341 Resolved an issue in the Deep Freeze console where resizing the columns resulted in the columns being permanently hidden. (Case No. UUI-187-46693).
· 36506 Resolved an issue where Combination Tasks did not work properly when sub-tasks crossed midnight. (Case No. GFB-313-88651)
· 38240 Resolved an issue where touch screens were unexpectedly disabled after unlocking the workstation. (Case No. MGV-509-90169, VLZ-244-83797, EOW-424-34769)
· 40436 Resolved an issue where the laptop battery would drain at a faster rate when the computer entered modern standby mode. (Case No. RLB-437-39845)
· 42541 Resolved an issue where services running in the background unexpectedly triggered and installed Windows Updates. (Case No. CGX-669-80714)
· 42861 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Windows Updates task did not remove some of the temporary files from the Windows Updates cache location.(Case No. KNR-107-43428)
· 44096 Resolved an issue where Windows 10 and 11 (version 22H2) computers were being incorrectly displayed on the console. (Case No. TVQ-923-36063)
· 43848 Resolved an issue with being unable to add Additional Scheduled Tasks when using the Spanish version of Deep Freeze Enterprise. (Case No. LPV-635-34685)
· 43933 Resolved an issue where the touchscreen function gets disabled overnight and the device manager displayed error code 22. (Case No. TVQ-923-36063)
· 43598 Resolved an issue where workstations were randomly hanging with no discernable pattern. (Case No. WPD-530-71307)
· 11387 NTFS Storage Spaces not supported. BSOD occurs on reboot on Windows 8 and higher computers with single or multiple NTFS Storage Spaces. (Case No: EGF-242-16878)
· 12344 Deep Freeze console does not sort IP Address column correctly. (Case No: TRV-310-98644)
· 12491 Deep Freeze console columns may show wrong status or the console may show error messages when connected remotely through LogMeIn or RDP session. Restart console to resolve. (Case No: ZME-498-42392, NES-367-79748, XQL-319-44460, YAE-971-22805)
· 18513 Installation of Deep Freeze workstation fails if user login name contains double byte characters. (Case No: OWZ-638-83495)
· 19676 The workstation column width in the Enterprise console may revert to zero after it has been moved. (Case No: SVY-817-92683)
· 20074 Installing Deep Freeze on workstations in some circumstances results in slow login when in a Frozen state. (Case No: VBL-745-23572, STU-985-82769, VGT-978-35363, ELK-520-80502, UJG-539-53162...)
· 20439 Unable to mount a virtual disk of Encase software when Frozen. (Case No: VIZ-411-82001)
· 21171 Unable to install apps from the Windows App Store once Deep Freeze is installed. Enable Windows Update service as a workaround. (Case No: ADD-325-21916)
· 21568 Issues with Dell full disk encryption software when Deep Freeze is installed. Knowledge Base. (Case No: ARY-947-73520, VNO-419-59600)
· 22504 Deep Freeze will not freeze systems on a Hyper-V Gen 2. (Case No: OKY-847-65054)
· 22765 Workstations showing offline status in the console after partially upgrading in some circumstances. (Case No: XZN-809-34880)
· 24222 OS column in Deep Freeze console is unable to filter by Windows 10 OS build number. (Case No: ZNT-428-53234)
· 25020 System crashes when loading virtual disk image using Arsenal Image Mounter software while in Frozen mode. (Case No: ELF-471-54366)
· 25585 Deep Freeze workstation cannot be Thawed on Intel Compute Stick device. (Case No: JGX-581-64326)
· 26698 Windows To Go displays a warning not to remove USB devices when booting the computer to Frozen state. (Case No. AUU-154-57782)
· 26892 Error running VIAware when Deep Freeze is installed. (Case No. GUG-407-78542)
· 27702 Workstation column disappears from view from the Deep Freeze Enterprise console. (Case No. EUW-250-81829)
· 27756 External exception in FRZSTATE2k is reported when logging into computer. (Case No. UQY-750-68354)
· 27914 Deep Freeze console reapplies the Anti-Virus policy when the policy did not change. (Case No. FDM-221-57586)
· 28177 Subscription license key for Faronics Anti-Virus does not get carried over when upgrading to the latest Deep Freeze version (v8.6).
· 28202 Remote Desktop sessions disconnect from workstations if the keyboard and mouse are locked by Deep Freeze. (Case No. WJL-510-71190, FCV-449-24759, FBD-471-75003)
· 28494 Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) running the latest Deep Freeze is not restoring data upon reboot when Frozen. (Case No. OGZ-156-74801)
· 28686 BSOD in the Synaptics Touchpad driver when Deep Freeze locks keyboard and mouse. (Case No. GYI-525-58287)
· 28713 Unable to upgrade Windows 10 on computers where user profiles are located or redirected to ThawSpace. (Case No. BHN-830-35926, KPE-990-78407)
· 28944 Windows 10: Computers are slow to load when the system is Frozen. (Case No. PHH-637-76241, KBA-751-40608, OSW-251-37007, AWB-641-62005, MVO-952-88290)
· 28946 Deep Freeze causes a boot loop on computers locked by Absolute CompuTrace Software. (Case No. RZN-608-11663)
· 29310 Deep Freeze Enterprise LDAP Connector is returning with error Unable to extract data from LDAP Server if TLS 1.0 is not enabled. (Case No. TUW-924-35940, DNG-125-80864, QWG-359-68636, HGY-442-25699)
· 29842 Systems running Deep Freeze will not boot with Virtualization Based Security enabled. (Case No. AGS-503-14300)
· 29932 User defined groups are not correctly synchronized between Deep Freeze console and Cloud console. (Case No. LZQ-473-83874)
· 30015 Deep Freeze uninstall does not return REAgentC system file to its proper place. (Case No. XST-909-54528)
· 30308 User Setup screen is displayed after the install of a feature release during Deep Freeze Maintenance. (Case No. DPS-576-19538)
· 31652 Deep Freeze Machines getting into a boot loop cycle after enabling Memory Integrity in Core Isolation settings. (Case No. KGE-734-30441)
· 31689 Deep Freeze status screen on workstation not resizing with High Resolutions. (Case No. LWM-776-78457)
· 31781 Idle time task not firing on Touchscreen devices without physical keyboard and mouse. (Case No. WAQ-822-88425)
· 36241 Workstation columns disappear from the console when the computer goes to sleep. (Case No. PWT-290-57810, YVM-665-39262)
· 36310 Unable to install Deep Freeze on Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session (Azure-hosted). (Case No. KCV-628-85430)
· 36627 Audio device issues after installing Deep Freeze. (Case No. ZFJ-523-11474)
· 36814 Deep Freeze Enterprise console is slow to respond when there are too many computer Workgroups appearing in the console. (Case No. FFD-257-82802)
· 39439 Incompatibility issues between Deep Freeze and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Software Metering feature. (Case No. SYJ-950-69155, CQX-777-33380)
· 39653 Dell Precision Laptop touchpad drivers get disabled when Reboot Thawed and Locked. (Case No. NQJ-277-49552)
· 40205 Deep Freeze Installer sees the virtual Google Drive as a volume that can be Frozen. (Case No. EGK-724-68412)
· 40552 Deep Freeze Enterprise client will not install with Virtualization Based Security (VBS) enabled. (Case No. QJR-121-47260)
· 40746 After upgrading seed from 8.63 to 8.64 DFServ is not getting signed.
· 42980 Pulling the 'Schedule' bar up in the left pane on the Deep Freeze console results in the 'Network and Groups' being empty after the 'Schedule' bar is pulled down. (Case No. HNQ-361-60490)
· 43092 Windows Updates is failing when trying to utilize Windows Update cache. (Case No. YUO-599-78441, OLU-439-16665)
· 43183 Unable to extract data from LDAP server when TLS 1.0 is disabled. (Case No. XJM-738-77659)
· 43228 Scheduler XML data is lost. (Case No. LOF-336-72624)
· 43505 Data gets corrupted on the data partition with FAT32 file system.
· 44077 Iron Key USB device incorrectly detects disk free space when Deep Freeze is installed. (CN #22824).
· 44170 Blue welcome settings screen pops up when rebooting the computer in Frozen status. (Case No. VDE-575-57649)
· 44401 In particular condition, Deep Freeze gets installed with 'Manage Virtual Memory' option and less than 10% free space left on system drive.
· 44429 In particular condition, Deep Freeze stopped monitoring Page File settings even when the 'Manage Virtual Memory' option is enabled and Page File was set by Deep Freeze.
· 44473 'Manage Virtual memory' option is not getting enabled if RDX file is applied through Deep Freeze Cloud via User of Admin group.
· 44670 Deep Freeze functionality does not work when UEFI is enabled.
· 44707 'Manage Virtual Memory' option does not turn off if free space on the host drive of the Page File becomes less than 10%.
· 45212 Some Deep Freeze functions are not accessible when using NVDA screen reader. (CN# 404928, 404988)
· 45574 In Frozen mode, LAPS registry is created with value '0' when that registry was deleted in Thawed state.
· 45820 DFInstall.log does not log notification messages in the Japanese and Chinese languages.
Version 22.214.171.12434 (July 28, 2021)
· 28484 Resolved an issue where Windows 10 workstations randomly hung when Deep Freeze was in Frozen state. (Case No. DCK-357-11563, QFR-533-92927, VVQ-945-75978, MZX-943-50816...)
· 31618 Resolved an issue where rebooting Deep Freeze to Frozen status from RDP resulted in Deep Freeze rebooting to Frozen & Locked status. (Case No. UFN-737-75949)
· 31717 Resolved an issue with being unable to uninstall Deep Freeze Server Standard from a computer with nComputing vSpace installed. (Case No. OXR-655-83849, FAQ-337-37149).
· 31754 Resolved an issue with being unable to lock the mouse/keyboard on a Lenovo Touchpad laptop. (Case No. TWX-508-88232)
· 33350 Resolved an issue with being unable to install on-premise Deep Freeze Enterprise after uninstalling Deep Freeze Cloud Agent and vice versa. (Case No. UZN-971-68888, UCK-583-96692-1)
· 34781 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstations could not boot Frozen when Windows Update system history had permanent entries with Staged status. (Case No. ESK-568-54530, MMR-516-77876)
· 36010 Resolved an issue where workstations were randomly disappearing from the master console and remote consoles after updating to the latest Deep Freeze Enterprise version. (Case No. KBP-466-59587)
Version 126.96.36.19930 (December 08, 2020)
Note: Deep Freeze 8.62 supports Windows 10 up to version 21H1, which has been extensively tested without any known issues detected.
· 34699 Deep Freeze workstation installer blocks installation when Windows Update system history has permanent entries with 'in-progress' status. (Case No. CGO-193-91377)
· 33606 Deep Freeze workstation cannot boot Frozen when Windows Update system history has permanent entries with 'in-progress' status. (Case No. POZ-194-76529)
· 33571 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Enterprise displayed incorrect Operating System information for Windows 10/Server version. (Case No. IYS-681-67600)
· 33288 Resolved an issue with Deep Freeze Enterprise console experiencing lag in a performance. (Case No. ENU-938-71943)
· 31488 Resolved an issue where installing the latest version of Deep Freeze Enterprise 8.61 on a computer with newly installed Windows 7 (64-bit) resulted in a boot loop. (Case No. IOG-911-81868)
Version 188.8.131.5211 (June 26, 2020)
· 30244 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Windows Update task would not install Windows 10 Feature Update (Case No. MEU-255-95916, MLE-626-95801)
· 30033 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation did not update its Windows Update status to WSUS.
· 30011 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze was not Freezing the system installed on a virtual machine. (Case No. OKE-281-16420, WFW-730-29196, ZQT-583-96442, MPD-903-69440, XIX-289-66884, JXE-230-35147, WML-590-15039, BXC-114-94358, QHX-323-14369)
· 29950 Resolved an issue where the 'OK' button remained grayed out when editing available configurations and trying to switch between Windows Updates options radio.
· 29248 Resolved an issue with not being able to connect Deep Freeze console to Cloud if any port number is more than 4 digits.
· 28999 Resolved an issue where Windows Updates performed even when the computer was Frozen. (Case No. URD-581-61432)
· 28997 Resolved an issue where Cloud console was not updating the status of Frozen/Thawed computers connected to Enterprise console (Case No. KUC-906-85270)
· 28939 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze weekly workstation task was unexpectedly interrupted if it crossed midnight. (Case No. BAY-634-50844, YXA-414-64185, ODQ-313-60579, HJC-988-91014, QXW-830-37060)
· 28916 Resolved an issue where Frozen computers were crashing if using FSLogix Profile Containers . (Case No. OHB-259-10454)
· 28687 Resolved an issue where DF driver and executable files had a redundant SHA-1 signature. (Case No. WUF-812-94110)
· 28458 Resolved an issue of BSOD when installing Deep Freeze Surface Pro X. (Case No. KBX-769-82870)
· 27940 Resolved an issue where workstation went into BSOD when OWC ThunderBlade drive was attached to system running Deep Freeze. (Case No. IZR-806-26623)
· 27715 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Server Enterprise installer displayed 'Deep Freeze Enterprise’ in the progress indicator box. (Case No. IZP-241-12241)
· 28660 Resolved an issue where BSOD shows after installing Deep Freeze on Mac computers running Windows with Boot Camp. (Case No. IRM-264-45062, VCB-287-72593, ZAC-651-60338, PFR-210-37123,JFU-543-19250, OFF-204-88841, UKW-410-49368, YXZ-530-89015, HMC-808-64854)
· 27465 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze caused Windows 10 to become unresponsive in Mac computers running Windows with Boot Camp. (Case No. ACV-984-59982, XVE-469-61078, RVN-804-68279, QWZ-290-32385, VGJ-427-12358, AEP-334-57621)
· 26627 Resolved an issue where new version of Cloud Agent was not pushed to Deep Freeze workstations from Deep Freeze Enterprise console. (Case No. QAH-521-14216, PPS-515-49614 )
· 26325 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze installer displayed the wrong notification when it failed to mount the Event log folder. (Case No. KOX-815-70072)
Version 184.108.40.20682 (October 25, 2019)
Note: You will need your new v8.6 license key during the upgrade.
· Auto Grow ThawSpaces
Mark ThawSpaces to grow automatically if they get 75% full, up to a specified maximum size.
· Thaw for Multiple Restarts
Set the number of Thawed reboots from the Enterprise console. Option available for Reboot Thawed or Reboot Thawed Locked action.
· Pause Scheduled Task
Choose to pause or resume Scheduled Tasks in the Enterprise console. Right-click on the Scheduled Task to pause or resume.
· Install All Windows Updates
In addition to Security, Critical, and Feature updates, choose to install all types of updates when downloading Windows updates from Microsoft (vs. WSUS).
· Launch Batch, VB, PowerShell Scripts
In addition to .exe and .msi file types, now you can also launch .cmd, .bat, .vbs, .ps1 file types via the Remote Launch and Push & Launch actions in the Enterprise console.
· Specify URL or FTP for Remote Launch
Instead of specifying an existing file path for Remote Launch, now you have the option to specify a web URL or FTP location. The file will be automatically downloaded from the specified location and launched on the workstation.
· Console Log Improvements
Determine how the Deep Freeze state has changed. Example: determine if Deep Freeze was Thawed from the console, locally on the client, or via Command-Line.
· Set Default Location for Installers
Enterprise console can now remember where you prefer to save newly created workstation installers and configuration files. Set the default location while saving the file to your desired location.
· Windows XP End of Support
To ensure Deep Freeze continues to take advantage of the latest technologies, Faronics is officially dropping XP and Server 2003 support in this version of Deep Freeze. Microsoft officially ended Windows XP support on April 8, 2014 and Server 2003 support on July 14, 2015.
· Windows Server 2003 End of Support
To ensure Deep Freeze continues to take advantage of the latest technologies, Faronics is officially dropping XP and Server 2003 support in this version of Deep Freeze. Microsoft officially ended Windows XP support on April 8, 2014 and Server 2003 support on July 14, 2015.
· 4438 Resolved an issue where the user was able to boot into Advanced Boot Options from Frozen state. (Case No. BES-706-81851, YHL-467-37473, PXW-694-49668, KJX-247-38795, VCL-337-59421)
· 23710 Resolved an issue where the hyperlink “View Release Notes and Download” in the Deep Freeze Enterprise console did not work.
· 25400 Resolved an issue where system crashes when some specific software is installed on Deep Freeze workstation (such as PUBG, Fortnite, Easy Anti-Cheat, BattlEye). (Case No: FJM-423-95146, IXF-940-78041, ELV-682-66939, MTA-529-99421)
· 25716 Resolved an issue with systems running Deep Freeze Enterprise console when New Japanese Era is configured. (Case No. CYS-819-38990)
· 25984 SMART Board device touch function does not work correctly when Deep Freeze locks keyboard and mouse. (Case No: SLO-583-99238)
· 26714 Resolved an issue where Windows machines with Seed installed shut down instead of reboot. (Case No. ZQI-145-22099, PPJ-382-23951)
· 26731 Resolved an issue where users were not able to log on after installing Deep Freeze on client machines. (Case No. OBL-315-41640)
· 23687 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Server Enterprise console downloaded non-Server edition when trying to upgrade from the update reminder notification.
· 27714 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Server Enterprise upgraded to Deep Freeze Enterprise, (Case No. BXV-106-36841)
· 27721 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Server Enterprise showed options to connect to the Deep Freeze Cloud. (Case No. XYB-166-77774)
Version 220.127.116.1144 (May 6, 2019)
26282 Resolved an issue where Windows Updates did not install all approved updates from WSUS during Windows Update task. (Case No: NWC-473-23257)
Version 18.104.22.16842 (March 20, 2019)
10: Windows Update Cache Drive Letter
Addressed Deep Freeze Windows update caching issue on Windows 10 by assigning a drive letter to the cache folder. A Deep Freeze workstation upgrade will automatically assign drive letter B:\ to the cache folder which can be updated in the Deep Freeze configuration. The caching letter will be hidden in Windows Explorer.
10: Feature Update Support
Now the Windows Update Task supports the installation of Feature Updates so customers can easily upgrade from build 1709 to 1809 for example. Deep Freeze will respect the Windows Update advanced options that can defer such updates.
Improvements in Deep Freeze maintenance recovery process when Windows updates are not marked properly, reducing the number and duration of Thawed restarts necessary to return the computer to a Frozen State.
System Drive from Deep Freeze Protection
Customers can now optionally configure a system drive to be Thawed.
for NVMe Drives
Deep Freeze is now compatible with NVMe drives using Advanced Format (4K) technology (often used in modern Mac computers).
for iSCSI Drives
Deep Freeze is now compatible with iSCSI drives.
14289 Resolved an issue where the system became unbootable after installing Deep Freeze workstation on computers with NVMe drives using Advanced Format (4K) technology. (These types of drives are mostly used in modern Mac computers.) (Case No: WZO-787-28402, TXF-901-23028, RNT-781-75265, OFF-204-88841, UKW-410-49368, VAX-697-27714, UUM-608-63483, DWW-823-13577, IWL-914-59873, BFH-281-40319, HAR-528-31695, IYT-443-31430, EAC-132-14941, EPU-732-62414, YGZ-595-25016, VAS-893-64477, RZM-809-97482, LZV-882-12751, YXZ-530-89015, LBS-708-14472, WVG-493-15181, VFY-155-31231, CBK-673-63317)
20567 Resolved an issue where, on latest versions of Windows 10, Windows updates failed to download when “Cache Windows updates” option was enabled in Deep Freeze. (Case No: TVW-834-44465)
21075 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console nodes were collapsing after remotely connecting to the computer using Windows Remote Desktop Connection. (Case No: NQT-733-92350, QTS-243-79896)
22238 Resolved an issue where Windows OS did not start up while Imation device was attached. (Case No: MEQ-143-10262)
22254 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation booted into Recovery Screen due to some system settings being reverted by third-party software or after upgrading Windows. (ZPO-620-77452, HBP-156-15706, MTK-296-19494, EMO-786-68958, QDS-114-83260, LBG-498-60820)
23893 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation was unable to complete Windows Updates due to Windows 10 Feature Update failing to install. (Case No: SHW-308-32156, VPO-428-85709, WZA-837-86304, KJJ-203-63620, BNA-931-26907, RXL-684-47162)
23938 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation occasionally did not exit Deep Freeze task when keyboard and mouse were locked. (Case No: KZH-397-82588, DEV-371-75754, DYM-226-41474, EHI-414-72325, UYR-501-91650, UUW-771-82762, PYK-405-36256, LPZ-483-54567, BKR-168-45756)
25630 Resolved an issue with connecting to an iSCSI target while Deep Freeze workstation was installed. (Case No: KQH-777-87287)
Version 22.214.171.12405 (November 13, 2018)
25167 Resolved an issue where online activation for multiple workstations fails. (Case No. HKR-635-39152, GGG-498-87799, VWZ-512-97026, JNX-520-73584, GOZ-988-87655, DQI-132-73516, SCR-595-15811, NZP-965-35443, CWG-465-92183)
25191 Resolved an issue where users are unable to control workstations from the Deep Freeze On Demand page when Deep Freeze Enterprise console is connected to the Cloud through the Cloud Connector.
Version 126.96.36.19902 (November 01, 2018)
22177 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze Seed stops reporting after applying the update command from Deep Freeze console. (Case No: NPW-677-51642, BMB-386-47608)
23236 Resolved an issue where workstation task unexpectedly quits when the task notification message is too long. (Case No. DZD-532-61853)
23667 Resolved an issue where in some circumstances where error (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) is displayed upon reboot. (Case No. JBQ-785-64557)
23770 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Enterprise workstation showed Cloud Connector expired message after installing it on the machine where Deep Freeze Cloud was previously installed. (Case No. OUG-468-62852)
23910 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation was showing the message of activation grace period expiry on already activated machine. (Case No. HYD-498-33175, LXQ-822-28317, SAQ-278-22918, TDT-959-41306, JYB-909-83889, MBP-325-20193, DCK-902-64279, FON-911-78262, WMS-196-57594, BEB-541-30566, JNF-799-56468, FWJ-454-28413, BDD-417-43150)
24292 Windows 10 version 1803: Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation does not boot after enabling Memory Integrity in Core Isolation settings. (Case No. FXX-297-69839)
24675 Resolved an issue where scheduled end time for workstation tasks may show incorrectly in the Configuration Administrator. (Case No. GNB-855-95190)
25067 Resolved an issue where set clone flag command is displaying incorrect status of Deep Freeze. (Case No. HAO-292-16321)
Version 8.53.x.5445 (April 23, 2018)
11231 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze could not be installed on devices with an eMMC based hard drive. (Case No: WKO-921-76972, WBU-981-32808, PCL-402-38865, HCK-877-61202, WKO-921-76972, WZO-787-28402, CGI-422-44547)
21021 Resolved an issue where workstations were not exiting Deep Freeze Workstation Task. (Case No: HDE-666-74734, TLI-811-34012, IGG-774-78546, JNO-503-47220, ANJ-311-67397, ABV-175-17146, WLV-318-67495, KJH-740-23136)
21227 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Service crashes if there are too many port connections. (Case No: TLI-811-34012)
21566 Resolved an issue where, switching between multiple ports in Enterprise console while workstations are reporting in, the workstations continuing to report to the wrong port after changing the active port. (Case No: EPS-318-77915)
21847 Resolved an issue where configuring custom security settings resulted in the workstation losing activation. (Case No: ZGS-909-26141)
22067 Resolved an issue where installers for Deep Freeze Seed show wrong icon. (Case No: TUK-627-84034)
22219 Resolved an issue where Remind me later option in the Deep Freeze console upgrade notification does nothing. (Case No: HXA-631-76105)
22278 Resolved an issue where the Japanese translations for install/uninstall commands were incorrect. (Case No: BBX-578-14923)
22336 Resolved an issue where clicking the Remind Me Later button when prompted to install a downloaded Deep Freeze update had no effect. (Case No: HXA-631-76105)
22474 Resolved an issue where an incorrect warning message was shown when trying to install lower version of Deep Freeze console.
22608 Resolved an issue where using a Combination Task from the scheduler creates a task out of order. (Case No: AAS-483-25243)
22644 Resolved an issue of BSOD when BitDefender Anti-Virus is installed. (Case No: RLB-899-86439, KLE-222-16689, HKL-452-29682)
23016 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Administrator shows “List index out of bounds” error.
23066 Resolved an issue where attempting to open a file when an .rdx or installer file was already open in the Configuration Administrator gave an error message.
23083 Resolved an issue where ThawSpaces got deleted on workstations when applying task through Update Workstation Task by importing an .rdx file where Delete during configuration update is enabled.
23113 Resolved an issue where using the Configuration Administrator in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (64-bit) to repeatedly save then reload a configuration file would alter the available ThawSpaces.
23311 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console reported an incorrect length of time thawed for workstations using versions of Deep Freeze below 8.50 under certain circumstances.
23583 Resolved an issue where Windows 10 system could not boot if secure boot was enabled. (Case No: XFM-358-10158, TIF-100-17677)
Version 8.52 (April 2, 2018)
Deep Freeze Enterprise 8.52 was released earlier today to all customers. Shortly after release, an issue regarding certificates was discovered, forcing the retraction of this release. An updated version of Deep Freeze Enterprise will be made available once the issue is corrected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Version 8.51.x.5387 (October 19, 2017)
22115 Resolved issue when a ThawSpace may randomly get deleted during v8.5 upgrade. (Case No: RTT-893-71028, DTS-627-72232, MGJ-850-67555)
Version 188.8.131.5282 (September 25, 2017)
20060 Windows 8.1 (64-bit systems): Resolved an issue where an invalid error message gets displayed on the workstation when performing Lock Keyboard and Mouse action with WINSelect is installed. (Case No: PKI-492-42183)
20010 Resolved an issue of blue screen with Deep Freeze 8.37 installed on workstations with RAID 0 configuration. (Case No: AXZ-261-43388)
20601 Windows 10 Creators Update: Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstation installer fails to mount SoftwareDistribution folder, when launched from a user session.
20696 Resolved an issue where computers were crashing due to corrupted disks or system files when Deep Freeze was installed. (Case No: ALT-616-417497, VUF-172-46840, KJI-659-28909, HDE-666-74734)
20128 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstations were showing Windows Repair screen on reboot. (Case No: ACV-436-60212, PZS-913-49640, PBS-748-50759, OTM-352-41446)
13827 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze did not finalize the pending Windows Update configuration and the workstation went into boot loop.
21004 Windows 10 Creators Update: Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze workstation password was removed when frequently editing/applying available configuration.
21002 Windows 10 Creators Update: Resolved an issue where Available configuration does not apply automatically to workstations while editing the applied configuration.
20383 Resolved an issue where workstations no longer allow configuration update after upgrade. (Case No: UFO-972-83443)
22001 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze may fail to restore user specific Windows Update policy after running Windows Update Task.
21317 Resolved an issue where the computer shuts down unexpectedly when Reboot Frozen if a cumulative Windows update was manually installed in a Thawed state.
20613 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze left orphaned .dsk files when unsuccessfully attempting to mount Windows Update cache.
17711 Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Resolved an issue in a Frozen state where an attempt to create a new storage pool was not getting blocked.
14865 Resolved an issue where Random delays occur in restarts when they are initiated locally from the Deep Freeze workstation interface. (Case No: GYW-854-91721, XPM-282-49498)
15270 Resolved an issue where using CTRL+ALT+DEL to lock the screen causes a delete prompt appearing in the Deep Freeze console depending on the context. (Case No: JTK-884-47760)
14865 Resolved an issue of random delays in restarts when they are initiated locally from the Deep Freeze workstation interface. (Case No: GYW-854-91721, XPM-282-49498)
15270 Resolved an issue where using CTRL+ALT+DEL to lock the screen causes a delete prompt appearing in the Deep Freeze console depending on the context. (Case No: JTK-884-47760)
14039 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze causes BSOD on systems with 4TB drives or higher. (Case No: YAF-375-97861)
11483 Wrong error message when attempting installing Seed on a Seeded workstation. (Case No: HZE-688-20303)
Version 184.108.40.20690 (October 26, 2016)
• Support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
• Improved console performance.
• Enhancements to prevent longer system startup on Advanced Format (AF) 4k sector hard drives (up to 2X faster boot time).
• Allow fully qualified Proxy Server Name in Deep Freeze console settings.
• Windows Update Enhancements
◦ To address changes in the way Anniversary Update handles automatic Windows updates, Deep Freeze will take extra measures to ensure that the Windows updates will not be triggered outside of the scheduled Windows Update Task on Windows 10 machines. This is achieved by disabling the Windows update service.
Fixes for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition
17579 Resolved issues with random BSOD. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update introduced additional drivers into the system that interfered with the ability of our drivers to properly respond to some requests to our StorageSpace or ThawSpaces.
14956 Resolved issues with recovery screen on system startup.
18199 Resolved issues where system shutdowns were prevented.
17893 Resolved issues where Windows updates failed for some cumulative update which may require more space and a larger caching space than the 5GB that Deep Freeze allocated. Version 8.35 will allocate a 10GB cache to address this situation. To increase the size, disable the Cache Window update option in the configuration, restart, and re-enable the option.
14961 Resolved issues with Incorrect German translations in some of the confirmation dialogs when saving configuration file in Configuration Administrator (Case No: HSU-493-66609)
9868 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze caused performance issues and resulted in slow boot. (Case No: YFD-286-49939, SBD-399-96597, QVG-187-15034, WII-538-57096)
14956 Resolved an issue where the Startup Recovery process starts on Windows 8.1 systems after a restart. (Case No: KSV-531-33912, OTA-665-89816)
16470 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Clients randomly lost their Activation status and showed as Pending Activation. (Case No: KGV-296-44501, MOE-872-61066, JEC-971-36370)
16672 Resolved an issue where the Proxy feature did not work with Fully Qualified Domain Names. (Case No: KNN-741-30377)
17268 Resolved performance issues in Deep Freeze console. (Case No: ZAR-286-75039, MGP-128-27227, YHP-979-36018, MFT-347-58906)
17503 Resolved an issue with Windows Update that showed Access Violation message when Deep Freeze was installed. (Case No: AQK-988-79352, EYB-819-89372, GGH-600-27901, QUU-689-69833)
17522 Resolved an issue where a specific type of Flash Drive was not mounting properly when Deep Freeze was installed. (Case No: IRS-476-30866)
17558 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze was not allowing Windows to boot. (Case No: QHJ-805-27395)
17564 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Service was crashing with Accession Violation message when the Activation Server sent a bad activation response. (Case No: LSG-576-93996)
17579 Resolved an issue of BSOD with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. (Case No: ZNB-325-70969, NCW-613-26183, ZOL-717-56507, BJF-591-31684)
17687 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze fails to correctly detect pending Windows Update for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
17867 Resolved an issue where Windows Update Service gets disabled during Windows Update Task on Windows 8.1.
17983 Resolved an issue where it was not possible to apply cumulative Windows Update due to lack of storage space.
15577 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console’s Server Service does not switch to reduced frequency of auto-activation if all workstations report as Failed Activation.
15641 Resolved an issue where Windows Update Service was disabled on installing Deep Freeze thereby preventing maintenance. (Case No: HFT-480-31203, EGM-113-20565, WHF-979-33081, YFC-589-73576)
17479 Resolved an issue where License Key was shown as invalid until the entire key was entered. (Case No: BBE-155-83729)
17757 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Windows Update Workstation Task does not prevent users to run native Windows Update in Frozen or during Maintenance Period for Windows Update Task.
18199 Resolved an issue where Windows 10 1607 Upgrade enables fast startup on Deep Freeze workstations. (Case no: FPX-324-70121)
Version 220.127.116.1131 (June 24, 2016)
12428 Resolved an issue on Windows 8 where the Live tiles on Metro UI were not working after user profile was redirected to a ThawSpace. (Case No: OCS-785-12175) Note: Faronics Data Igloo version 2.20.1110.392 does not support redirecting to a ThawSpace.
14760 On Windows 10: Resolved an issue where Start Menu is not accessible after user profile was redirected to a ThawSpace.
14977 Resolved an issue where Windows 10 App & Features screen was hanging. (Case No: CJZ-576-49466)
16714 Resolved an issue where some workstations kept activating the license key due to a slow network connection. (Case No: ORT-565-95136)
16744 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze 8.32 console was occasionally not launching but the process was running. (Case No: FFI-246-96623)
17224 Resolved an issue where the workstation did not perform Deep Freeze specific commands initiated from Core console or Cloud console until the workstation connects to the Deep Freeze Enterprise console.
17225 Resolved an issue where upgrading Deep Freeze Workstations from Faronics Core console failed. This issue has been resolved for Deep Freeze 8.33 and above. However, users upgrading from 8.32 to 8.33 may still experience this issue. Contact Technical Support for workaround.
Version 8.32.220. 5109 (May 02, 2016)
If you are using a proxy server to connect to the Internet, you can now specify the credentials in Deep Freeze console. Configuring the proxy server in the Deep Freeze console ensures that Check for Updates, Announcements and Licence Activation features work. The Deep Freeze workstation also connects to the Internet for License Activation via the Proxy Server if it is configured in the operating system.
Secure LDAP support
If you are importing groups from Active Directory, you can now use the Deep Freeze console to retrieve groups from your Secure LDAP setup.
14858 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze was not exiting Maintenance Mode correctly that sometimes left computers in a Thawed state or caused Deep Freeze Service to crash. (Case No: KYJ-317-83835)
11741 Resolved an issue where the Windows Update workstation task gets stuck till specified end time even when performing End Task action.
13974 Resolved an issue where Windows Update task with defined end time does not quit when ending the task during the process of installing Windows Updates.
14022 Resolved an issue where Workstation task with Shutdown flag reboots workstation instead of shutting down at the end of the task.
15009 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze console crashes, when providing XML file instead of CSV file in the Configuration Generator.
15320 Resolved issues with workstations running Windows 10 not reporting to the Deep Freeze console. (Case No: ZTD-831-39650)
15634 Resolved an issue where it was not possible to activate online when the Internet was accessed via a proxy server. (Case No: CKN-285-48443, BCF-951-75987, BCF-951-75987)
15599 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console does not verify license if it launches on the computer where invalid license key remained in registry.
15698 Resolved an issue where an error shown when replacing %d with %s in message show in a maintenance event. (Case No: NYS-986-78728)
15834 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Command Line utility crashed while using space after /update in syntax.
16086 Resolved an issue where the workstations loses communication with the console after 24 hours if no internet access is available. (Case No: LIG-586-21422)
16106 Resolved issues with Deep Freeze Enterprise console and Active Directory integration with Secure LDAP. (Case No: ANK-900-68876)
16184 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console was not able to connect to LDAP Tree with more than 32 characters. (Case No: CHN-811-73676)
16299 Resolved an issue with Deep Freeze Enterprise upgrade where the groups were automatically pushed to the Cloud.
Version 18.104.22.16851 (December 31, 2015)
9043 Resolved an issue where updating clients through the Custom console removed license information. (Case No: YNN-670-71193/BIR-212-51470)
14271 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze could not be installed on computers with empty Windows Updates and a dialog with an error message “wcscpy_s - abnormal program termination” appears. (Case No: VER-497-56960/ QIP-133-21304/ ZCN-397-27504)
14464 Resolved an issue where Nessus Vulnerability Scanner flagged Deep Freeze as vulnerable. Deep Freeze is not vulnerable, it only flagged it as such. (Case No: HLF-929-94745/ SYT-301-98288)
14892 Secured One-Time Password functionality from potential vulnerability. (Case No: UDB-639-24568)
15003 Resolved an issue where the workstation did not shut down after no updates were found in Windows Update task. (Case No: YQN-567-57232/ BGS-437-27053/ FQI-341-69666)
Version 22.214.171.12490 (September 21, 2015)
• Support for Windows 10
• Configuration Generator automatically generate multiple Deep Freeze Installation files (.exe) and Deep Freeze Configuration files (.rdx) using a CSV file (sample file provided). The Configuration Generator can be launched from Deep Freeze Administrator, Deep Freeze console or from the Command Line.
• Improved error handling for Windows Update task.
14473 Resolved an issue where Windows enters into Recovery mode when rebooting between Frozen and Thawed states. (Case No: OXG-496-12097, GNG-588-69595, HPV-908-31011, ORO-812-59275, MLR-189-91303, FUT-854-73640, ART-669-25239, NPH-454-30027, KIY-984-18997, GCX-544-73846, HPV-908-31011, KQS-566-56234, RXI-350-76867)
14320 Resolved bootloops that occurred if Windows Updates were installed during a workstation task specifically after reboot notification appeared. (Case No: UBV-410-40892)
14745 Resolved an issue where Windows 10 reports as a Windows 8.1 client system in Deep Freeze. (Case No: OAR-171-44554)
14594 Resolved an issue where a one-time Windows Update task from Deep Freeze console was repeating. (Case No: AEL-597-31181, UUN-533-11696)
Version 126.96.36.19937 (June 12, 2015)
Delay Frozen Reboot to complete Windows updates
A new option is available in Configuration Administrator (Advanced Option tab) that allows you to delay rebooting the computer into a Frozen state if configuration or installation for Windows updates are pending. This option is selected by default.
13472 Resolved an issue where the computers were disconnected from the domain after updating Deep Freeze. (Case No: VUB-615-43745, LDR-390-66208, QIA-774-79104, DDV-560-82460, UHG-288-70272, ZDF-467-71410)
11338 Resolved an issue where computers entered into a bootloop. (Case No: UKC-375-35031, FQJ-724-51038, TXW-698-36057, URZ-752-85830, FQJ-724-51038, MZU-556-89185, YKG-914-90594, ROE-988-11484)
14011 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze console crashed if there were older Deep Freeze Clients in the Available Configuration node and the Deep Freeze configuration was modified. (Case No: SWE-156-11091, UOV-543-40317, ENS-128-37659)
Version 188.8.131.5200 (March 27, 2015)
12953 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstations were randomly displayed as offline when the service terminated unexpectedly. (Case No: ZWD-355-10541, LIZ-530-75015, ULR-948-83980, REF-404-42060, XUI-423-28067, JLO-312-53996, OHF-900-66148)
9390 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console gave wrong status of Anti-Virus when the computers were powered off. (Case No: XSG-186-34840)
Version 184.108.40.20660 (February 10, 2015)
11351 Resolved an issue where the computer hung when External USB 3.0 drive was plugged when Deep Freeze was installed. (Case No: SJO-295-89647, PPB-766-23628)
11755 Resolved an issue where computers lose connection to console due to Deep Freeze Service application crash. (Case No: HYA-731-34835)
11946 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze causes blue screen when Thawed on Windows Embedded.
10901 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze console password got reset when upgrading to the next version.
Version 220.127.116.1150 (November 18, 2014)
New Features and Enhancements
• New Modern Look – view the Enterprise console in a cooler, more modern look. Navigate to View > Modern Look in the top toolbar.
• Dynamically Filtered Groups – In addition to filtering by Workstation Name, filter with 10 more options like Version, Status, Login Name etc. Advanced users can even use regular expressions.
• Remote Launch – run existing applications on selected workstations using your Enterprise console. Applications will run in the background (using a system account without user interaction). Optionally include command line parameters.
• Push and Launch – send and run applications on selected workstations using your Enterprise console. Send up to a 50MB file (.exe or .msi) to workstations. Optionally include command line parameters.
• Format ThawSpace – format ThawSpace(s) on selected workstations with just one click from the Enterprise console.
• View Select Columns – hide unwanted columns. Navigate to View > Columns in the top toolbar.
• Select by Status – the console summary at the bottom left of the Enterprise console is now clickable. Clicking each status will appropriately select workstations with that status in the current view.
• Maintenance Countdown Timer – a countdown is displayed to the end-user prior to a Workstation Task if Show Message is selected in the settings.
• Change Frozen Drive State – update the Frozen Drive settings in the Deep Freeze configuration without requiring a reinstallation. Changes will take effect at next reboot.
• Touchscreen Hotkey – access the client interface by clicking CTRL-SHIFT-6 or press and hold the Deep Freeze icon in the system tray.
• Hidden ThawSpace Enhancements - for users using GPOs to hide their drives, select “Honor Group Policy settings for Hidden Drives” under the Drives tab to ensure the ThawSpaces (and other drives) are hidden as expected.
• Scheduler Enhancements - can now edit existing scheduled tasks and remove workstations from a scheduled task.
• More Command Line Options – 3 new commands added:
- /thawed will automatically reboot into a Thawed State after installation
- /endtaskwill forcibly cancel any ongoing Deep Freeze Tasks on the computer
- set /clonewill set the Clone Flag for imaging purposes.
• New System Tray Icon – look out for a bigger/clearer white bear in the system tray.
• Console Log Improvements – enhancements include:
- Log when a computer goes Offline
- Log more console commands like Run Windows Update and Format ThawSpace
- Export the log file to a .TXT and .CSV file formats
- Save logs for 7 days instead of 2 days
- Rearrangeable and resizable columns.
• Announcements - new announcement bugel will appear in Enterprise console to display Faronics alerts or notifications.
4185 Resolved an issue where Hidden ThawSpace were not always becoming visible after changing the status/setting. This happened due to racing conditions when user session starts up. (Case No: XLR-409-97951/GRL-679-53579/LGM-416-1589/ KSE-334-91711/OFK-686-43639/ KSE-334-91711/ SIO-732-20144)
9150 Resolved an issue where Unhandled Exception error messages displayed in Deep Freeze Enterprise console. (Case No: WIX-445-79060/OHO-295-83895/VMU-412-76758/IDJ-652-92236/ OUI-574-33756/NMD-722-33180/ TQI-687-91826)
10423 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze workstations are not registered in History. Must close network connection to resolve. (Case No: EAD-646-71839/IEJ-665-54769/WPD-378-84061/PQV-591-94687/TFX-674-79466/ ZIQ-459-60491/ OUI-574-33756/ EGG-735-73463)
2482Resolved an issue where there was no context menu option for deleting workstation from scheduler.
3029Resolved an issue where DFC utility caused hard reboot, when boot Thawed/Frozen/Thawed & Locked.
3322Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console history log may show workstation status duplicating entries with almost same timestamp, when workstation reboots.
3346Resolved an issue where the workstation tasks do not properly display in log file.
4360Resolved an issue where the Launch and Logon into Deep Freeze on the workstation caused a few seconds delay if windows user is non-admin and UAC was enabled.
7134 Resolved an issue where Ctrl-A shortcut might not select all workstation in the list.
7135 Resolved an issue where switching to Details View mode to List View may show duplicating entries, which will be cleared when switch between nodes.
7860Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console log files do not contain active log history. (Case No: UIY-838-73993)
9109 Resolved an issue in the workstation task scheduler where there was an unclear description of when the task starts. (Case No: BYM-485-27171)
9171 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console may blank display when adding a big number of workstations to custom group in RDP session. (Case No: IDJ-652-92236)
9543 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console shows “List index out of bounds” error when try to export workstation entries into CSV file.
9544 Resolved an issue where switching to “Icons” or “List” mode caused erratic behavior or console crash in certain scenarios.
9602Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console may hang and needs to be restarted. (Case No: JUS-755-15551)
9858 Resolved an issue where Connect to Cloud button opens an English web page regardless of console language.
10491 Resolved an issue where switching console views may revert columns custom sort order to default. (Case No: QBB-390-13625)
10681 Resolved an issue where it was not possible to end a maintenance cycle using a configuration update via Deep Freeze console. (Case No: TKU-147-48940)
10694 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console does not pass correct values of %%MAC%% and %%DFVERSION%% tokens via custom action scripts. (Case No: BOL-422-14087)
10695 Resolved an issue where column sorting works only by “Workstations” column after connecting to locally opened Deep Freeze console using RDP or vice versa.
10852 Resolved an issue where installing Deep Freeze with HP Drive Encryption software results in the computer not booting. (Case No: QYJ-250-63658/ VQZ-103-64186/ OAZ-765-14642)
10875 Resolved an issue where Idle task might randomly trigger on the system when going to sleep or having Intel Active management deployed. (Case No: ZPM-907-21670)
11125 Windows Update Task with pre-defined end time quits earlier then expected, if no any outstanding Windows Update detected. (Case No: BNG-902-39650/ ARY-763-96593)
11233 Resolved an issue of incorrect “Install” icon in workstation’s context menus.
11318 Resolved an issue where Surface Pro 3 workstation hangs during upgrading to next version of Deep Freeze. (Case No: JWV-655-90973)
11328 Resolved an issue where an error message for launching console installer while console or Configuration Administrator are running.
11329 Some pop-up box titles do not reflect the command name in the Enterprise console.
11337 Deep Freeze Web Relay service for Deep Freeze Cloud Connector may crash when a big number of workstations are reporting to the console. (Case No: RJI-469-10545)
11405 Resolved an issue where workstations with “Shutdown” status disappear from Schedules.
11459 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze scheduled tasks do not work against workstations in Shutdown state. (Case No: YUY-931-25632)
11540 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze console log erratically sorts by time stamp column.
11663 Resolved an issue where Configuration Date column may randomly not update, if the console time is not synchronized with workstation.
11793 For Deep Freeze Cloud, resolved an issue where old version of Cloud Agent is installed on Deep Freeze workstation even the new version of Cloud Agent is available.
11892 Resolved an issue where the sequence of columns in the Deep Freeze console log is not saved.
11935 Resolved an issue where the console Scheduled task properties incorrectly represent “&” character in task name.
12068 Resolved an issue where RDX files in default path were not upgraded during Deep Freeze Enterprise console upgrade.
Version 18.104.22.16830 (June 24, 2014)
New Features and Enhancements
• Login Name Column – A new column showing the logged in user is now available in Deep Freeze console.
• Gracefully End Windows Update Task – Windows Update Tasks will now end more gracefully when executed from Deep Freeze console. Any ongoing installation (of Service Pack or other files) will be finalized before the task will end. Any further installations will be aborted.
7936 Resolved a security issue that could result in the user accessing Deep Freeze without authorization.
2487 Resolved an issue where the Uninstall (Leave Seed) option does not remove DFC.exe utility from workstation.
2492 Resolved an issue where the Scheduled Tasks are still executed on the workstation, which has connected to another port.
2496 Resolved a usability issue where the Update Workstation Tasks dialog was not intuitive.
7075 Resolved an issue when attempting to create a remote port connection with an existing name.
8643 Resolved an issue preventing Deep Freeze from running third-party updates during Windows Update tasks where WSUS is configured. (Case No: KGQ-859-42788)
9076 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Windows Update Workstation task entered a Windows Update loop (Case No: CDK-133-58151/ QAO-573-66969).
10115 Resolved an issue where the computer hangs when P2 PCIE Card reader is attached. (Case No: SGB-558-17710)
10274 Resolved an issue where the Configuration Administrator did not read RDX or EXE files created with an older version of Configuration Administrator.
10353 Resolved an issue where the Operating System column remains blank on the console until upgrading the client to the matched version.
10365 Resolved an issue where Update 1 (KB2919355) for Windows 8.1 was failing during Deep Freeze Windows Update Task with Windows Update Cache enabled.
10409 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Server service prevents Windows 2003 Server from entering sleep mode. (Case No: HLF-705-81486)
10493 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze workstation frequently sends status to Faronics Core creating high CPU usage and problem with status update. (Case No: DYY-860-43932 / Case No: BHT-186-65946)
Version 22.214.171.12400 (March 31, 2014)
New Features and Enhancements
• Support for Windows 8.1
• Upgrade During Installation
◦ Automatically upgrade the Enterprise console, Configuration Administrator, and Deep Freeze install/configuration files (under the Install Programs folder) during installation.
• Support for Brazilian Portuguese
8183 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze console displayed wrong information in its columns when connecting through RDP. (Case No: DLI-247-49237)
8915 Resolved an issue where the console column width was not adjustable easily if column was hidden. (Case No: JUQ-109-22966)
9161 Resolved an issue where it was not possible to install Anti-Virus on the Enterprise console computer in LAN mode. (Case No: NAM-281-30833)
9181 Resolved an issue where the Customized Deep Freeze console became inaccessible when minimizing OTP password prompt at the console startup. (Case No: KCF-637-66638)
9259 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze Enterprise console did not update availability of contextual commands against selected workstation(s).
9304 Resolved an issue where the message "Please Wait" was not translated for supported languages. (Case No: YVJ-535-73859)
9350 Downloading of Anti-Virus installer in Deep Freeze 7.72 displays ‘Downloading Faronics Anti-Virus’ twice.
9368 Resolved an issue where the Deep Freeze icon on the task bar is not removed when minimizing the console to the system tray. (Case No: KVE-437-86633)
9387 Resolved an issue where updating Deep Freeze Enterprise erased Anti-Virus license key in Enterprise console. (Case No: WCQ-579-55490)
9479 Resolved an issue where if the exit option Minimize to System Tray option is used, the Deep Freeze icon appears in the Start Bar and System Tray.
9519 Resolved an issue where the Scheduler node shows items not applicable in its context menus right after adding a new task.
9522 Resolved an issue where upgrading to Deep Freeze 8 deletes Faronics Anti-Virus Files. (Case No: WGO-139-34038)
9672 Resolved an issue where full updates from the Enterprise console caused the workstation to lock up.
9866 Resolved an issue on the Chinese system when installing Deep Freeze using available configuration, the Deep Freeze workstation UI is displayed in English.
9879 Resolved an issue on Windows XP Systems: Blank Message is displayed while uninstall Deep Freeze console from Add/Remove programs by a non-admin user.
9885 Resolved an issue where Deep Freeze Enterprise console version 7.72 was unable to uninstall Anti-Virus 3.40 client from workstations.