Version 4.70 (September 2015)
- Include Windows Power Plan Savings – The Full Operation Report generation dialogue now has a checkbox to include Windows Power Plan Savings in the report. By unchecking this checkbox, the report will show savings generated by Power Save only..
- Policy Configuration Report added back – displays all the configuration settings for the Power Save policy.
Version 4.60 (February 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.1
Version 4.50 (November 2012)
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- New policy based user interface. Power Plans are now called Power schedules, Policies are now Power Events and Power Plans, Policies, Configurations and Costs are now combined into a central Policy interface. This provides a more intuitive workflow and better serves large installations. This approach is more set-it-and-forget-it.
- Dynamic Configuration simplifies the configuration of a power event. Sensitivity settings are easily adjusted with a graphical interface.
- Last Man Standing: Computers designated a Wake on LAN relays will now stay awake in order to wake other computers across subnets.
- New feature will disable power management when the computer shifts to a wireless network.
- Eco-facts now display actual local computer energy savings to date.
- Users can now put a computer to sleep via a single button and also request a change to a power policy. This can also be disabled by administrators.
- Power Save can now send alerts to the Faronics Core Console (1 month license expiration, license expired, outdated clients, user requests sensitivity change.)
- Power Save now supports blended rates. Varied power consumption rates charged at different times of the day can now be factored into the Power Savings. Off-peak, Mid-peak and peak hours can now be represented by different electrical prices.
- Power Save is now available in Portuguese (Brazilian).
- Compatibility with the new Reporting Database in Faronics Core 3.35 or higher. The Reporting Database significantly speeds up report generation and additionally allows querying by third party tools such as Crystal Reports.
- Stability and Security Enhancements
Numerous stability and security enhancements have been added with an improved embedded driver. These enhancements require a reboot of the target workstations after installation.
- Schedule Local Wake Up: Users can schedule their workstations to wakeup from Standby or Hibernate mode. Users can also defer power management for a specified period of time.
- System Activity Report: Users can generate a report that displays the Power Save, Faronics Core and Windows events on the workstation.
- Top 25 Workstations Report: Users can generate a report that ranks the top 25 workstations that saved the most amount of energy.
- Bottom 25 Workstations Report: Users can generate a report that ranks the bottom 25 workstations that saved the least amount of energy.
- Power Plan Assistant: Power Plans can be easily configured based on answers to four simple questions.
- Copy Power Plan: Users can duplicate an existing Power Plan and make minor changes to optimize preferred Power Plan settings for another environment.
- StorageSpace Support: All Power Save configuration changes will now be retained across restarts even if Deep Freeze is in a Frozen state.
- Power Plans Node: All Power Plans are displayed as nodes under the Power Save Loadin in Faronics Core Console.
- Install Power Save With Suppressed Reboot: Option to defer the mandatory reboot after installation from Faronics Core.
- Region Specific Energy Costs: Search regional energy costs from within Power Save by country, region, and state for use in savings reports.
- Save Open Documents Support for Lotus Notes: Power Save will save open Lotus Notes files prior to a shutdown. Files supported include E-Mail drafts, to-do list, meeting planner, and calendar.
- Automatic License Key Distribution: The Power Save License Key only needs to be entered once and will then be automatically applied to all workstations running Power Save.
- Automatic Power Plan and Policy Synchronization: Power Save will automatically save changes made to a Power Plan or Power Policy that is already applied to a workstation.
- Save Open Documents interface provides details on files saved by Power Save.
- Resume from Standby option: Requires the Windows user account password to be entered before resuming from standby or hibernate.
- Optionally log the user out before entering a standby or hibernate state.
- Stay Awake feature allows users to keep their computers awake by temporarily disabling PC power management.
- Lighter and more efficient workstation user interface.
• Multiple Power Plans & Policies
Schedule varying levels of energy management on a daily or weekly basis.
• MSI Transformation File Support
Export Power Save workstation configurations as MST files to deploy along with the Power Save workstation MSI file.
• Independent Battery Configuration
Apply different power management settings when the computer is running on battery power.
• Spin Down Hard Disks
Power down hard drives if the computer is inactive.
• Detect Network Activity
Prevent the computer from powering down when network activity is detected.
• Save Open Documents
To ensure users do not lose their work, Power Save will save open documents before shutting a computer down.
• Non-Critical Applications
Prevent applications from interfering with Power Save’s power management actions by adding them to the Non-Critical Applications list.
• Stealth Mode enhancements
New Power Save Reports based on Power Plans, Custom Workstation Groups, and Configuration Settings.
• Support for Windows 7.
• Support added for the Active Tasks feature of Faronics Core Console v2.42.
• Performance improvements when generating reports.
• Additional columns in Faronics Core Console (Energy Consumption Profile, Computer Model, and Monitor Model).
• Evaluation license expiry notification.
• Password Protection
Administrators now have the option to require users to enter a password before they can access the Power Save workstation client. This feature prevents users from making unauthorized changes to the workstation’s Power Save configuration.
• Stealth Mode
When activated, Stealth mode hides the Power Save system tray and Start menu icons. This reduces the user’s awareness about Power Save running on the workstation. If access to the user interface is required, a shortcut key combination will launch the Power Save workstation client.
• Energy Consumption Profiles
IT administrators that manage computers with varying power consumption levels can now create multiple profiles that are each tailored to a particular computer type. By matching the computer type with the respective energy consumption profile, the accuracy of the energy and dollar savings reported by Power Save is increased.
• Improved Reporting
The newly added Summary Report groups workstation savings by the various types of workstations and laptops in an environment. It is perfect for situations where IT administrators want a macro view of the total savings generated. The Audit mode reports now display the projected annual savings as calculated by Power Save. All reports now also include an email and print option.
Power Save now reports on the environmental benefits that have been achieved by reducing computer energy waste. At the top of the Power Save report, there is an Eco-Savings box which calculates the environmental savings (such as trees saved, equivalents of CO2 reduced, etc.) achieved across the entire deployment.
• Did you Know?
When a user hovers over the Power Save system tray icon, a pop-up box educates the user about the environmental benefits of reducing computer energy waste.
• Visual Enhancements
The Power Save reports have all been updated to a new template that improves their clarity and appearance, making them easier to read and understand.
• Simplified Chinese
Power Save is now available in Simplified Chinese.
• Online Help
Help files are now available in CHM in addition to the existing PDF format.
• Improved compatibility between Power Save and Core Console; events initiated from Core Console are now shown in Power Save reports.
• Faronics Licensing Scheme:
Provides the capability to convert an evaluation to a full version.
• Quick Workstation Install:
Ability to install on workstations without pre-configured settings.
• Deep Freeze Maintenance Compatibility UI:
Ability to recognize and accommodate a Deep Freeze Maintenance Schedule.
• 32 & 64 bit Windows, Vista support.
• Ability to schedule Power Save configuration updates.
• Audit Mode with Audit Report:
In Audit Mode, Power Save will not take action on a workstation, but will report to the database when it could have taken action. This allows for an Audit Report that shows how much power could have been saved if Power Save had been running in Full Operation mode.
• Windows Power Management status is displayed in Results Pane.
• Command to Enable/Disable Windows Power Management.
• Additional reporting fields per workstation:
IP Address, MAC Address, Energy Consumed (kWh), and Energy Saved (kWh).
• Additional reporting fields for all workstations:
Total Energy Consumed and Total Energy Saved.
• Supports Faronics Core Console v2.1 or later. (See Core Console release notes for more details).
• Windows Vista support added.
• Localized in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese