Deep Freeze 7.7 simplifies configuration management and adds Faronics Anti-Virus control into the popular Enterprise Console
VANCOUVER, B.C. and SAN RAMON, Calif., July 24, 2013 –Faronics, a global leader in simplifying, securing and managing multi-user computer environments, announced today the release of Deep Freeze 7.7 – the latest version of its instant system restore solution.
“Deep Freeze 7.7 focuses on enhancing configuration management and incorporating Faronics Anti-Virus control into the Enterprise Console,” said Heman Mehta, product management leader at Faronics. “In today’s economy, IT professionals are working with fewer resources and are looking for ways to manage applications more efficiently and effectively. IT teams can now manage both Deep Freeze and Faronics Anti-Virus from a single pane of glass, eliminating the need to setup yet another console in an already complex IT environment.”
With the new enhancements to Deep Freeze 7.7, users will be able to:
- Manage Deep Freeze Configuration from Enterprise Console: Create and apply new configurations from within the Enterprise Console, without using the Configuration Administrator.
- Automatically Apply Configuration Changes to appropriate workstations.
- View which Deep Freeze configuration or RDX file was last applied to each workstation.
- Schedule Windows Updates from Enterprise Console using the Scheduled Task Wizard.
- View operating systems for each workstation using the New Operating System Column.
- Detect Touch Screen Activity on new Windows 8 touch screen devices to ensure that idle time restart/shutdown countdown will not begin when the user is actively using the computer.
- Lock Touch Screen Activity on new Windows 8 touch screen devices when the “lock keyboard and mouse” option is selected from the console or during a maintenance period.
- Manage Faronics Anti-Virus from Enterprise Console. The newly designed console also enables users to:
- Deploy Faronics AV to any workstation with the Deep Freeze seed or client – there is no requirement to protect the workstation with Deep Freeze.
- Update configurations and virus definitions while Deep Freeze is in a “Frozen” state.
- Detect intrusion and HIPS with the host-based “Intrusion Prevention System”.
- Secure workstations by utilizing an embedded firewall, web filtering and email protection
- Schedule Quick Scan, Deep Scan, and Enable/Disable Active Protection from within the Enterprise Console
To download Deep Freeze 7.7, please go to www.faronics.com/deepfreeze77.
With a well-established record of helping businesses manage, simplify, and secure their IT infrastructure, Faronics makes it possible to do more with less by maximizing the value of existing technology. Faronics is the only endpoint security software vendor to offer a comprehensive layered security solution consisting of anti-virus, application whitelisting, and instant system restore protection. Incorporated in 1996, Faronics has offices in the USA, Canada and the UK, as well as a global network of channel partners. Our solutions are deployed in over 150 countries worldwide, and are helping more than 30,000 organisations.
For more information visit www.faronics.com.
Cathy Goerz, Amber Decoff
Stearns Johnson Communications
T: +1 415.397.7600