Happy New Year! Here are a few updates to Deep Freeze Cloud that may interest you:
1. Software Updater Cache Server now available!
Available as part of the Cache Server utility (formerly Anti-Virus Relay), Software Updater can now connect to the Cache Server to download and distribute software updates across the local network, saving valuable Internet bandwidth. Configure Software Updater policy with Cache Server details under the Advanced tab.
Note: The SU and AV Cache Server are the same installer.
2. Software Updater & Not Managed Software
Even if a supported application (like Firefox or Skype) is not configured to be updated by Software Updater, we will display the version and status of those applications installed on that computer. Our reports clearly indicates whether the application is managed by Software Updater.
Note: The overall Status of “Out of date” or “Up to date” for Software Updater depends on what is managed by SU only and will disregard the status of applications not managed by SU.
3. Computer Details & Software Updater
Click on the Computer details to view which Software Updater applications are up-to-date. Supported applications not managed by Software Updater are also displayed here if they are installed on that computer.
4. Separate Windows and Mac Policy
Deep Freeze Mac has been moved out of the Windows policy interface. Policies for Windows and Mac computers can now be created, edited and applied separately providing more flexibility in managing a hybrid environment.
5. Floating Action Toolbar
The action toolbars on the Computers and Deep Freeze on Demand now floats so you can easily act on the selected computers underneath the toolbar.
6. Column Filter Enhancements
You can now add or remove any column by clicking the + on the Computers list. This includes adding or removing the columns for each service and their icons. We also remember these settings per user so their custom view is available on other computers (we used to save them in cookies).
7. Other Usability Enhancements
- When downloading the Cloud Agent, the Policy name is included in the file name.
- In the Cloud Agent download interface, the Enforced Policy (if there is one) for the selected Group is clearly displayed.
- When assigning a Group to a computer, the Enforced Policy (if there is one) for the the selected Group is clearly displayed.
- Default start time for Maintenance Periods in new policies is set to 12:00am – 01:00am.
- Tags are now available on the Deep Freeze On Demand page as well.
For more information on these features, please contact your Faronics representative. Don’t forget to click on the Feedback button in your Console and give us your ideas – we will try our best to consider them. Vote for your favorite ideas… the more votes, the better the chances of us implementing it!