Version 4.0 (February 2017)
In an effort to remain best-in-class, Faronics Anti-Virus will now be powered by a new engine that consistently ranks among the highest in the antivirus industry. Existing customers of Faronics Anti-Virus are requested to migrate to the New Anti-Virus 4.0 before June 30, 2017. Faronics Core Console customers will be able to install the New Anti-Virus Loadin version 4.0 as a separate product.
1) Upgrade Faronics Core
2) Uninstall Legacy Anti-Virus from the workstations
3) Configure the new Anti-Virus policy
4) Install Anti-Virus 4.0 on the workstations
Note: Email Protection and Web Filtering features have been deprecated to keep the product lightweight and to optimize performance.
Version 3.51 (October 2015)
- Support for Windows 10
Version 3.5 (July 2015)
- New Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) Firewall: New Windows Filtering Platform drivers are now available that result in a more robust firewall.
- IPv6 support: Applications using IPv6 addresses can now be allowed or blocked.
- Web Relay for virus definition: A new Web Relay is installed as part of the Anti-Virus Loadin. The virus definitions are downloaded from a web relay that is independent of Faronics Core. The workstations ‘pull’ the definitions without adding any load on Faronics Core.
Version 3.4 (February 2014)
Support for Windows 8.1
Version 3.3 (February 2013)
- Remove Incompatible Anti-Virus
Detect and remove existing anti-virus solutions to eliminate possible conflicts during installation and ensure a smooth, trouble-free installation. Removal is supported when installing from Faronics Core or when installing locally on the client.
- View Scan History
Display all events of virus scans performed on selected workstations or group within Faronics Core Console. Scan History is also displays in a new tab on the Anti-Virus Workstation Client.
- View Quarantine Details
Display all risks quarantined for selected workstations or group within Faronics Core Console. Quarantined files are also displayed in a new tab on the Anti-Virus Workstation Client.
- Task Synchronization Enhancements
Virus definition updates, policy updates, and license updates are synchronized as soon as the workstation reports to Faronics Core. Core Server will no longer make periodic attempts to update offline workstations.
Version 3.2.2100.196 (December 2012)
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Faronics Anti-Virus Alerts now available via Faronics Core
- Installations and upgrades of Faronics Core borne products can now be done while Active Protection is on
- Exceptions can be configured based on Threat ID
- Updated Scanning Engine
- Generic URL exceptions now possible via Faronics Anti-Virus
- Various performance improvements including:
– Six times faster Deep Scan
– Three times faster Quick Scan
- Faronics Anti-Virus is now available in Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Intrusion Detection System
The Intrusion Detection System (IDS) allows or blocks network activity based on predefined Intrusion Detection Rules.
- Process Protection (Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System)
Process Protection (HIPS) sets the action for unknown code injectors and allows adding known code injectors to the list.
- Web Filtering (Blocked Advertisements, Allowed Domains)
- Risk Detection Statistics
The Risk Detection Statistics are now displayed on the workstation with an ability to reset the counter to zero.
- Faronics Anti-Virus Log
Faronics Anti-Virus now logs the action taken and classifies as System, Anti-Virus, Firewall and Web Filtering.
The Firewall provides the capability to create Program Rules, Network Rules, Advanced Rules and Trusted Zones. Administrators can Allow or Block communication based on Programs, Networks, Ports or Protocols on the entire network.
- Firewall Report
The Firewall Daily Network Activity report provides details on all Firewall activity on the particular workstation or network.
- Enhanced UI
Faronics Anti-Virus Loadin on Faronics Core is now presented in a tree-node instead of a tab-based UI for better user interaction.
- File/Folder Exclusion
Folders or files can now be excluded from scanning.
- Fix Now from Faronics Core
The Fix Now command that was available on the workstation can now be sent via Faronics Core.
- Import/Export Anti-Virus Policies
Faronics Anti-Virus Policies can now be Imported/Exported via Faronics Core.
- Scan USB devices upon insertion
USB devices are automatically scanned as soon as they are connected to the computer.
- High Performance Technology
The MX-Virtualization engine analyzes malware in real-time, observing its behavior before it can actually infect the computer – ensuring zero-day threat detection.
- Advanced anti-rootkit technology finds and disables dangerous hidden processes, modules, services, and files.
- High speed file scanning.
- Low CPU and memory usage during scans.
- Efficient, continuous virus definition updates (at least two daily).
- Regular threat-engine updates.
- Centralized Management and Integration
- Faronics Core provides a secure platform to manage anti-virus protection (definitions and threat-engine updates) across the enterprise.
- Configuration and scan scheduling done via policies that are centrally applied to workstations.
- Virus definition updates managed and hosted on Faronics Core Server.
- Full global or workstation-specific threat reporting available via Faronics Core Console.
- Out-of-the-box compatibility with Faronics Deep Freeze and Anti-Executable to provide a solid layered security strategy.
- Email Protection
- Comprehensive protection against email viruses.
- Direct support for Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail. Supports any POP3 and SMTP-based email program.