Deep Freeze ensures 100% workstation recovery with every restart. Customers report an average reduction of 63% in IT tickets.
Reduced Mac downtime means increased IT productivity.
Deep Freeze reverses malicious changes on reboot, protecting Macs from threats such as phishing.
Provide users with unrestricted access while preventing permanent configuration changes.
Minimize reliance on IT staff for trivial issues, allowing them to focus on more important tasks.
Avoid the necessity of adopting restrictive defense or reactionary approaches for maintaining security.
Prevent Macs from straying from their baseline configurations while still allowing users to save their work.
Eliminate degradation issues which lead to Macs slowing down over time.
Deep Freeze provides a simple and effective way to clear all malicious changes to your system, including zero-day threats.
Deep Freeze removes all software installed without your authorization with a single reboot, helping your organization achieve license compliance.
Our mac restore software ensures 100% workstation recovery with every restart, so you can watch that mountain of support tickets shrink. Customers report an average reduction of 63%. You can also forget about accidental configuration changes, malicious software, and operating system degradation.
Mac downtime means reduced productivity and increased help desk calls. Deep Freeze guarantees that expensive Macs are kept running at 100% ensuring uptime and productivity while drastically reducing support costs. At the same time, user data can be stored safely on a network drive or in a ThawSpace to be retained across reboots.
Products used to combat different forms of malware — anti-spyware, antivirus, and adware programs require management and maintenance. Deep Freeze, however, preserves your Mac configuration without taking up any of your IT staff’s time. Any changes – either malicious or intentional- are reversed on reboot, thereby protecting Macs from threats such as phishing.
The non-restrictive, reboot-to-restore concept involves technology that allows users unrestricted, available, and perfectly functioning Macs, whose desired configuration is always restored upon reboot. Therefore, IT staff does not need to spend valuable time rebuilding or re-imaging machines.
With the simplified and effective Reboot-to-Restore concept of Deep Freeze, each user becomes self-reliant in fixing their Mac. Without having to raise IT support tickets, the user can simply restart the Mac when any unexpected changes have occurred and Deep Freeze will wipeout all the changes and put the Mac back into its original state, as it was configured.
Locking down Macs in order to secure them limits the user experience, while a reactionary security maintenance approach like rebuilding or reimaging Macs is time consuming. On the other hand, Deep Freeze offers the ability to standardize workstation configurations, which are completely restored on restart, thereby eliminating all software related issues.
By restoring Macs to their initial desired state with a single reboot, Faronics Deep Freeze prevents Macs from straying from their baseline configurations. However, users can carry on working as usual and still save their documents, media and data.
By restoring Macs to a pristine desired configuration upon reboot, Deep Freeze eliminates degradation issues which lead to Macs slowing down over time. This means a longer life for your Macs and a reduction in costs associated with upgrading them.
Zero day threats exploit previously unknown vulnerabilities and can be near impossible to detect with an antivirus solution. Deep Freeze provides simple, yet effective protection against zero-day threats as a reboot would clear out any malicious software, including zero-day threats.
Your users may install unlicensed or unauthorized software. By using Deep Freeze, unlicensed or unauthorized software can be removed with a single reboot, helping your organization achieve license compliance.
Deep Freeze can protect devices in a variety of environments, ranging from labs and classrooms to devices in the field.
Ensure system availability in a secured, yet non-restrictive, learning environment.
Secure data and reduce interruptions to your operations due to downtime of Computers on Wheels.
Avoid data loss and non-compliance issues associated with a multi-user environment.
First responders cannot afford downtime, Deep Freeze helps in maintaining 100% availability of their IT systems.
Sometimes, restricting a learning environment isn’t the most viable option. With Deep Freeze, our patented reboot to restore solution, you can ensure immediate preferred system availability in a non-restrictive, yet secured environment.
Computers on Wheels provide numerous benefits to an organization including mobility, convenience and usability. With Deep Freeze on your Computers on Wheels, you will experience zero downtime, enabling you to harness their benefits to the fullest.
One system being utilized by multiple users might lead to loss of critical data and lead to non-compliance with standards such as HIPAA or PCI-DSS. Deep Freeze enables your organization to provide an unobtrusive yet a secured environment.
First responders such as public safety, fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical response agencies cannot afford downtime of their IT systems at dispatch centers or in the field. Deep Freeze helps in maintaining 100 percent availability of their systems.
Data loss in a virtualized environment can be more damaging than in a traditional one, as higher volumes of data are stored together in virtualization. By preventing configuration drift in virtualized environments, Deep Freeze reduces the risk of data loss.
Mobile/on-the field assets usually don’t have technical support at hand. By restoring a workstation to its pristine configuration with a reboot, Deep Freeze minimizes the need for technical support. What’s more, with Deep Freeze Cloud, you can even manage mobile IT assets from different geographic locations.
- Supports multi-boot environments
- Customize user name and password
- Choose whether the Deep Freeze icon will appear in the menu bar
- Choose whether the hard drive icon will appear with the Deep Freeze badge
- Use ThawSpace to designate global or user-specific spaces for retaining data
- User specific ThawSpaces protect from unauthorized access
- Dynamic, resizable ThawSpaces
- Selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed drives, volumes, or partitions
- Import or export configuration files to or from other Deep Freeze Controllers
- Create customized installation packages with all desired options pre-configured
- Schedule multiple maintenance periods to automatically pull down persistent Apple Software Updates Add, delete, or resize Global and Individual ThawSpaces from within the ThawSpace tab
- Create ThawSpaces from 1 MB to 120 GB in size
- Deep Freeze Mac will protect your entire Mac partition, including any virtual machines within it
- Deep Freeze for Windows can be used to protect Parallels, VMWare, Boot Camp, and Virtual PC environments
- Retain data across reboots on virtual storage drives or “ThawSpaces”
- Choose from mapping entire accounts, or specific parts of a user account to a second partition or ThawSpace
- Account types include Admin, Standard, and Mobile Accounts
- Create a User ThawSpace for each user or a Global ThawSpace that all users can share
- Complementary Deep Freeze Remote console to deploy and manage Deep Freeze Mac via Apple Remote Desktop (ARD)
- Deep Freeze installer includes option to install pre-configured ARD tasks to directly manage Deep Freeze via ARD
- Perform Thaw, Wake, Restart and Shut Down actions using Deep Freeze Remote
- Schedule Apple updates during maintenance periods with Deep Freeze Mac’s maintenance mode
- Machines will be up-to-date and secure without the need for any further actions
- Guarantees 100% workstation recovery upon restart
- Provides password protection and complete security
- Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
- Get enterprise-style capability with Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) integration
- Install Deep Freeze Tasks for controlling all aspects of Deep Freeze via the ARD console
- Use LDAP, Active Directory, and Open Directory accounts without limitation
- Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6
- Mac OS X Leopard 10.5
- Mac OS X Tiger 10.4
- ARD integration requires Apple Remote Desktop version 3.2 or later
- Hardware requirements are the same as the recommended requirements for the host operating system
- Mac OS X Server is also supported on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9, Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6
La Mesa-Spring Valley School District was constantly battling student mischievousness. With only six staff members, this meant a computer could be out of commission for up to three weeks. Thanks to installing Deep Freeze on both Macs and PCs, they saw an immediate 95% reduction of Mac support tickets! Impressed by the continuous enhancements and responsiveness, they are excited to continue using this simple solution that has given them their time back.
“Tey like to change things just because they can,whether that means taking items of the Dock, moving fles to diferent locations or changing the toolbar in an application like Word. Tis would, of course, screw up the machine for the next personor even for the same person coming back to that machine later.”
Support Technician, La Mesa-Spring Valley
City Inn know their ability to deliver elite service is heavily dependent on the integrity and reliability of their computing technology. Whether it’s deployed in customer facing, administrative, in-room, or business center environments, guests expect hospitality providers to deliver a stress-free experience from start to finish.
“Faronics Deep Freeze was recommended strongly by Apple, and since it is hard to find a solution like this for a Mac, we quickly jumped on the opportunity to purchase it.”
Head of Information Technology for City Inn
Freedom First’s IT department was searching for ways to minimize the lost IT and employee productivity that occurred when their endpoint computers were compromised. They had no way to determine that a machine was compromised until after the problem occurred and required troubleshooting. PCs that did require a rebuild were often unavailable for several hours and required reimaging. Since Deep Freeze was implemented, IT simply reboots the workstations every evening to eradicate any possible issues.
"Deep Freeze has really simplified our lives. Now, there are two choices for each malfunctioning workstation: it’s a hardware problem, or we simply need to reboot."
For an overview of how Deep Freeze could benefit your industry, please select an industry below.
View product page »