Version 3.90 (April 2015)
- Faronics Core Agent can now install on the same workstation as Deep Freeze Cloud Connector Agent – upgrading to this release will provide the ability for workstations managed by Faronics Core to report to Deep Freeze Cloud Connector Sites to aid with evaluating Cloud Services. Contact Faronics for more information.
Version 3.80 (February 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.
Version 3.70 (November 2012)
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Important information alerts for Faronics products visible through the Core Console. Optionally, all alerts can be sent to any email address via SMTP.
- Access to additional workstation information. IT Administrator can tell what Server operating system is on the workstation, the workstation type, what user id currently logged in and the workstation’s last login date.
- New workstation window that displays history of tasks that ran and are being run on the workstation
- Attach a custom note to a workstation for both searching purposes and displaying pertinent information
- Administrators can now change Faronics Core Agent passwords on many workstations.
- Remote Launch can now deliver Visual Basic and PowerShell scripts to workstations.
- Remote Launch can now run scripting files (VBS, PS1 and BAT) on Frozen workstations.
- Faronics Core is now available in Portuguese (Brazilian)
Version 3.60 (June 2012)
- Remote Connect to a single computer via RDC – By right-clicking on workstation in the Core Console an IT Administrator can quickly connect to a computer for troubleshooting.
- Faronics Core can now update the Windows operating system via the local update agent or by WSUS. This allows for quick and easy updates and can be used with or apart from the Deep Freeze Loadin.
- Enhanced Task Management.
- Easily reuse existing Security Certificates during installation.
- Support for MS SQL 2012.
- Easier Loadin update process eliminating version mismatch interaction.
Version 3.50 (April 2012)
- Remote Launch allows IT administrators to run .bat, .msi and executables on endpoint workstations. This adds new functionality specific to IT departments that assist in software deployments to one or many workstations remotely.
- Numerous enhancements to the Core foundation that provides greater stability and usability enhancements.
Version 3.43 (February 2012)
- Online/Offline status information is now displayed for all workstations. This also includes an ability to refresh the status for all workstations.
- New Task Processing Engine improves performance and success rates of User and System Tasks.
- Ability to keep user tasks active and waiting for a configurable duration so laptops can receive the task once they logon to the network.
- User configurable tasks provide Wake-On-LAN capability to user-requested tasks.
- Improved Core Agent handles status information over multiple workstation reboots and improves Faronics Core Console accuracy.
- The new workstation notification feature allows IT Administrators to send a message to one or many workstations.
- Removes the need for a drive letter for Faronics StorageSpace by mounting a folder on the workstation and seamlessly migrates the existing data for all Faronics products.
- Note: When performing new installations of multiple Faronics’ products (for example, Deep Freeze, Anti-Executable, Faronics Anti-Virus), it is highly recommended to install Deep Freeze beforehand, reboot the workstation Thawed and then perform all other workstation installations. After installing the workstation clients on all the workstations, reboot the workstations Frozen.
- Note: Workstations with Deep Freeze and other Faronics products will continue to have a 800MB free disk space requirement on the workstations once Faronics Core Agent is upgraded to 3.40 or higher. This space is required for data used by Faronics products that need to survive a reboot on a Frozen computer.
- New Reporting Database
- Upgrading Faronics Core Agent 3.33 on Power Save installations will no longer require a drive letter for Faronics StorageSpace and 800MB free disk space on the workstation.
- When performing new installations of multiple Faronics’ products (for example, Deep Freeze, Anti-Executable, Faronics Anti-Virus), it is highly recommended to install Deep Freeze beforehand, reboot the workstation Thawed and then perform all other workstation installations. This will remove the necessity for a drive letter on the workstation. Installing Deep Freeze last on the workstation will result in Frozen configurations for all Faronics’ products.
- Workstations with Deep Freeze and other Faronics products (excluding Power Save) will continue to have a drive letter and 800MB free disk space requirements on the workstations once Faronics Core Agent is upgraded to 3.33. If a drive letter is not required, it is recommended to uninstall all workstation clients from the workstations, upgrade the Faronics Core Agent and reinstall all workstation clients beginning with Deep Freeze. This will result in an installation that does not require a drive letter.
- Upgrades and installations of Faronics Core Agent 3.33 do not require rebooting the workstation.
- Increased Automation:
Installation of Faronics Core Agent can be scheduled.
- Improved Manageability:
Easily change the Faronics Core Server that workstations communicate with (for disaster recovery and load balancing purposes).
- Improved Error Handling
- Improved information on scheduled tasks for increased usability.
- Easy Import/Export of Security Certificates .
- Improved menu structures
- Improved network performance of file transfers
- Various Cosmetic Improvements.
- A workstation reboot is required for the Faronics Core Agent upgrade to complete. The reboot can be suppressed and the installation can continue after the workstation is manually rebooted (to avoid end-user disruption).
- Secured Core Agent
Self recovering services and password protection to ensure security of the Core Agent and Faronics Clients.
- Server Installation
Install and manage all Faronics products on the Faronics Core Server.
- Suppressed Reboot
Minimize user disruption by postponing installation reboot.
- Connection Enhancements
Improved network connectivity with updated foundation technologies.
- Simplified Installation
New streamlined installation process with minimal user intervention.
- Enhanced Event Viewer
Greater visibility on system/user-generated actions.
- Support for new Loadins
Compatible with the forthcoming Faronics Anti-Virus, Deep Freeze 7.0 Loadin, and Faronics System Profiler Enterprise.
- Faronics Storage Space
Faronics Core Agent creates a hidden Storage Space at install. The Storage Space will be used by Faronics products to store configuration data and definition files and allow updated data and files to be retained on a Frozen computer.
- Automatic Install of Loadin
Faronics Core will automatically install the Faronics System Profiler Enterprise Loadin (when available).
- Automatic Install of Workstation Agent
Faronics Core will automatically install the Faronics System Profiler Enterprise Workstation Agent (when available).
- Action Sensitivity to Number of Workstations Selected
Actions can now be made available or not, depending on the number of workstations that are currently selected in Core Console.
- Dynamic Filters
Core Console will allow users to create filters based on system data collected from workstations via Faronics System Profiler Enterprise (when available).
- Support for Policies
Faronics Core now supports the concept of Policies to configure and manage workstations. Users can create a Policy and apply that Policy to workstations by adding them to the Policy node (requires a compatible Loadin).
- Workstation Connectivity Check
Allows workstations to take local action (as defined by a compatible Loadin) if they have not connected with Core Server for a configurable amount of time.
- Common Security Library
Faronics Core SDK updated with a common security library for all Loadins to use.
- Improved Reporting Performance
Reports are pre-processed by Faronics Core Server and then sent to Faronics Core Console.
- Open Wakeup API
Faronics Core Server includes an API that permits third-party applications to use Faronics Core’s Wake Up features.
- Added support for Faronics Anti-Executable v3.5 or later.
- Added support for Faronics WINSelect v7.3 or later.
- Added support for the forthcoming Deep Freeze beta Loadin.
- Discrete Task Server
– Support for multi-tier enterprise architecture.
– Scheduled tasks do not require administrator to leave the console/workstation on in order to run.
– Provides for vertical or horizontal scalability based on performance requirements.
- Multiple Consoles
Support multiple users with independent access – no need to share access through single console.
- Enhanced Security
– Assign user rights based on roles such as Administrator, Power User, User, and Guest.
– Secured communication ensures integrity of system – only authorized users can access and execute tasks.
- Support for Windows 7.
- Active Tasks:
Certain Faronics Core Console and product tasks can optionally remain active for a period of time.
- Enhanced Performance:
Faronics Core Console features significant performance increases:
Responsiveness of Core Console when managing workstations has increased by more than four times. Improved database management that speeds up report creation by over five times.
- Group Actions and Scheduling:
Users can now perform actions on groups of workstations rather than individual workstations. Group actions include:
Schedule a future task, Execute an immediate task, and Configure settings.
- Workstation Status:
The Results Pane in Core Console now includes the activity columns; Last Agent Event and Last Agent Event Date and Time that allow the user to see a workstation’s activity status before taking any action on the workstation.
- Task Management:
This version has improved task handling and management capabilities such as:
Track and View Failed Tasks — a new Failed Task node lets users view tasks that failed without having to search through the History node.
Retry Failed Tasks — simple right-click functionality allows users to re-execute a failed task without having to recreate the task.
Cancel Active Task — cancel any active task that is in progress without having to delete the task.
Edit Scheduled Tasks — new functionality allows users to select and right-click scheduled tasks to edit settings.
- • Reports:
This version has improved report management capabilities such as:
Printing Reports — new functionality allows you superior print management options.
Email Reports — email Faronics Power Save and Anti-Executable reports using your default email client.
- Remote Wake-On-Lan Web Service:
Provides the capability to remotely “Wake” or restart workstations on the network using a new browser-based web service.
- User-Defined Workstation Groups:
Users can organize workstations into customized groups using two different methods:
Dynamically using the new “Active Filters” that automatically sort and group workstations based on criteria set by the user.
Manually by dragging and dropping workstations into any desired group.
- Product-Based Workstation Groups:
Provides the capability to view workstations grouped by the Faronics Loadin that is installed on each workstation. Users can see at a glance which Faronics products are installed on any workstation.
Clicking on a workstation within a Product Group will change the view within the main workstation list view to reflect information specific to Core Console and the Faronics Loadin installed on that workstation.
- Support for Local MS SQL Server:
For users who have already implemented MS SQL Server and do not wish to use MS SQL Server Express they can connect to any local instance of MS SQL Server.
- Core Console help files are now available in CHM format in addition to PDF.
- Localization in Simplified Chinese added (English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish already existed).
- Remote client agent installation through the network neighborhood and LDAP.
- Import LDAP organizational units.
- Rename/modify the name of scheduled tasks.
- Improved help with context sensitive .chm pages that link to a .pdf manual.
- When configuring workstation credentials there is a new Check button that can be used to validate the credentials.
- Core Console window size and columns displayed are correctly remembered on re-launch.
First release version of Faronics Core Console (previous versions were for testing purposes only and were never officially released).