Version 2.30.1110.429 (March 07, 2017)
Ability to redirect user profiles to Deep Freeze ThawSpaces on Windows 10.
15640 Resolved an issue where permissions were not properly set on profiles redirected with Data Igloo on Windows 10. (Case No: DRQ-177-51858, YQM-778-63817)
17489 Resolved an issue where the user could not logon to the redirected user profile since the Profilelist registry key was corrupted. (Case No: TAD-397-30601, WKS-424-12421, NRG-627-42024, THH-586-51130, YCC-749-24893, ITN-103-96143)
19178 The IGC utility crashes with an unhandled exception when the utility is run after installation without launching Data Igloo UI.
19605 Resolved an issue where Data Igloo did not show progress bar when performing redirection of newly created user profiles.
19815 Resolved an issue where if prescan fails while redirecting newly created user profile, registry key path was removed and disabled.
Version 2.20.1110.392 (December 11, 2015)
- Support for Windows 10
- Ability to enter the Target folder path in addition to clicking Browse to select the Target folder for User Profile, Folder, and Registry Key Redirection. This feature is useful in the case of Hidden ThawSpaces created by Deep Freeze where it is not necessary to unhide the ThawSpace before redirecting to it.
15172 Resolved an issue where Data Igloo did not block redirecting user profiles if the operating system was Windows 10 and the target location is ThawSpace.
15111 Resolved an issue where the operating system information for Windows 10 was displayed incorrectly in the user interface.
15353 Resolved an issue where an error occurs when clicking on the Data Igloo when the built-in administrator has logged in.
15112 Resolved an issue where Data Igloo could not redirect users who have applied folder redirection via GPO. (Case No: MNY-884-97386)
12490 Resolved an issue where Data Igloo could not redirect the HKLM\SECURITY registry key.
12728 Windows 8 Live tiles (app) on Metro UI are not working after user profile is redirected to a ThawSpace created by Deep Freeze.
Version 2.1.1110.375 (April 2014)
- Support for Windows 8.1
- Support for Windows Server 2003, 2008, or 2012
8710 Resolved an issue where Data Igloo service was set to Manual after upgrade to 2.0. (Case No: VZS-225-41120)
7449 Resolved an issue where the User Profile Service failed and the user was unable to logon. (Case No: OGF-743-59856)
6161 Resolved an issue where the registry key ‚ProfilesList‘ disappeared randomly. (Case No: IAB-835-88703)
9018 Resolved an issue Data Igloo displayed an incorrect warning about Windows RT when redirecting users on Windows 8.1. (Case No: FJL-546-24517)
7355 Resolved an issue where User Profile service fails to load on a computer using Data Igloo to redirect profiles. (Case No: RDG-401-17837)
Version 2.0.1110.369 (April 2013)
- Support for Windows 8.
- Full Command line support for all Data Igloo functionality.
- Ability to install, upgrade, and uninstall silently.
- Allow subfolders of Program Files and Windows to be redirected to a Thawed location.
- Recognizes the Maintenance Status from Deep Freeze 7.4 and higher.
- Improved the mechanism of handling registry key redirection.
7569 – Resolved an issue where Media Sharing Services locked folders from being mapped during User Profile Redirection.
7436 – Resolved an issue where if ‚HKLM\Software‘ key is added in Registry Key redirection then workstation becomes unstable after restart in Frozen state. HKLM\Software and HKLM\Software\Microsoft keys are restricted from being added to the redirection list. Only sub keys are allowed to be redirected.
7438 – Resolved an issue where User profile/folder redirection overwrites target folder if its name is same as source folder.
7448 – Resolved an issue where Data Igloo UI may crash when changing the registry location under Registry Key Redirection tab.
Fixes for Windows 8
7421 – Resolved an issue on Windows 8 where Account pictures set for user profiles are not displayed under ‚User Profile Redirection‘ tab of Data Igloo.
7422 – Resolved an issue on Windows 8 where Data Igloo installer does not prompt for .NET framework installation if it is not installed on system.
7477 – Resolved an issue where user profile redirection may not work on some non English Windows 8 systems.
7424/7425 – On Windows 8: Apps on metro Start Screen will not work if user profiles are redirected to a Deep Freeze ThawSpace. These Metro Apps will work if redirected to a Physical Drive (not a ThawSpace) but will require the user to log off and back onto the profile.
Version 1.31.1110.315 (December 2010)
Pre-scan Files and Folders
- Folders, including subdirectories and files are scanned for insufficient permissions prior to User Profile Redirection and Folder Redirection.
- Scan Progress dialogue provides status of scan.
- Insufficient Permissions dialogue details files and folders that do not have read permissions or are locked by a process.
Migrate security permissions
- Optionally retain folder and file NTFS permissions during User Profile and Folder Redirection.
- Optionally reflect share permissions to the newly redirected folder.
Improved Error Handling
- Proactively identifying error conditions such as locked files prior to redirecting data.
- Revised error messages that provide more detail and possible resolution.
- Error messages also links to the detailed Log File for further troubleshooting.
Log File improvements
- Moved log entries from the Windows Application Event Logs to Data Igloo Log File.
- Now lists detailed file/folder permissions if redirection fails.
- Now lists the locked file name if redirection fails (32-bit OS only).
- Workflow improvements when Redirect Newly Created User Profiles is selected.
Localized user guides
- User Guides are now available in French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.
Version 1.20.1110.250 (March 2010)
- New Profile Redirection: Automatically redirect a new profile to a ThawSpace (or partition) on a Frozen or Thawed machine.
- Registry Key Redirection: Redirect changes occurring in selected registry keys to a Thaw Space. When Deep Freeze status is Thawed, the changes to the registry keys saved on the ThawSpace are automatically restored to the registry.
- This is no longer an expiring beta — there is no expiry date.
Version 1.10.1110.200 (December 2009)
- Windows 7 support added (now supported on Windows XP/Vista/7).
- Beta expiry date extended to March 31, 2010.
Version 1.0 (August 2009)
First release of Data Igloo (Beta).